What does Sup Forums think about smashing pumpkins ? Specifically Gish/Siamese Dream/Mellon Collie smashing pumpkins

What does Sup Forums think about smashing pumpkins ? Specifically Gish/Siamese Dream/Mellon Collie smashing pumpkins

i genuinely believe Tonight, Tonight is the greatest radio rock song ever made

Criminaly underrated

Great band. Made plenty of filler but their hits are pure 90's godliness

Bump

Fucking love Zero, one of the grooviest songs ever.

Siamese Dream is the perfect alt rock album

First three albums are great even though Corgan is loathesome as fuck.

Siamese dream was very 'gazy. I feel the album's underrated

>underrated

It's one of the most acclaimed rock records of the 90s

I think 1979 is one of the best songs of the 90s, and best 'teenage' songs ever.

Really like Cherub Rock too. Otherwise though I've tried to keep giving them a shot but I just don't find too many of the other songs my thing, and there's something about the more 'grunge' production and distortion that is really bland for my taste. I feel like there could have been more potential with their formula, and his voice can even work for that, but I feel it fell short.

>I think 1979 is one of the best songs of the 90s, and best 'teenage' songs ever.

Agreed, the music video is perfect. Check out the making of commentary if you haven't seen it, pretty interesting.

I love early Pumpkins but even the highly regarded albums Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie feature some total shit songs or songs that have aged terribly.
Despite everything IMO I don't think they ever released an album that displayed their full potential consistently

Gish is an 8/10, Siamese Dream comes very, VERY close to being a 10.

I think he meant underappreciated

Mellon Collie was much more acclaimed than Siamese Dream

That's a top teir 3 album streak. Billy's an excellent songwriter and guitarist

Gish sucks

Should be the face of the 90's band music, rather than Nirvana

genuinely my least favorite song on the album

They're smashing

They're pumpkins

One of the best rock bands of the 90s, mainstream or otherwise.

Homer Simpson

One of the greatest rock bands of all time.

Pavement are better