ITT We post a musician and his classical equivalent
I'll start with an obvious one
>Bach

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hJwAkpfcEj4)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Brian Wilson

Lyin' in bed...

Bach was consistent all his life and didn't go insane. Wilson's equivalent is Robert Schumann.

Classical composers don't have equivalents in popular music.

If Bach had an equivalent, It wouldn't be Brian Wilson. I can't think of any popular musicians who are incredibly religious, obsessed with fugues and polyphony and write a cantata every week.

Sorry breh, that was spose'ta look like this tosser, not the guy from BNL

just make up any reason that works out and post it
man, the autism on this board...

>Robert Schumann
>invented a "finger strenghtening device" which would help him develop strength and ability on his right ring finger as he was obsessed with being a piano concertist
>device left his finger totally useless so he had to abandon his dreams of playing piano
top fokin kek

It's for the best though. He started composing after the accident and made some great stuff.

Ok.
Tristan Murail

Mozart. Gay and overrated.

So what you're saying is that Kanye is the new Bach.
>Religious
>5 beats a day for 3 summers
>Use of counterpoint in beats (youtube.com/watch?v=hJwAkpfcEj4)
>More focused on structure than contemporaries
>Explored most genres of his time

Bryan Eno

Thats not counterpoint. Its a homophonic single melody against chords. Don't be fooled by the bass playing different notes, its playing 2 chords for the majority of that piece.

Kanye would be closer to Steve Reich if anyone.

Radiohead might be the closest to Bach because they have an actual chorale at the end of paranoid android, but apart from that they're a long way from Bach.

why does this make sense to you?

he's the best known example in popular music to have written dozens of chorales

t. Salieri

>fucking Isis is the equivalent of Tristan Murail
I hope you never breed

Just following OPs example of randomly assigning classical composers to bands or popular musicians

Its honestly easier to find an anime equivalent for musicians as opposed to classical composers.

what's the anime equivalent to Brian Wilson?

If this is the Beach Boys were talking about, a less mainline Ghibli film such as Whisper of the Heart could do. The perfect vocal harmonies are analogous to Ghibli's standard flair for magical yet easily digestible animation and art. However, neither is particularly exceptional when it comes to substance. (debatable in the case of the Beach Boys but as a pop band, this is my opinion)

kek...

>kiss

I'm a pleb can someone come up with the equivalent of sadjan stevens or joanna newsom for me so i can try to get into classical

Beethoven

Mozart because of how autistic the both were

Arvo Part or Rautavaara

Fuck off mike fags

reported

Les Six

are you joking? its literally Gershwin.

THIS

her equivalent is Grimes