ITT: Movies that Sup Forums would have loved if reddit didn't exist

ITT: Movies that Sup Forums would have loved if reddit didn't exist

Every single movie ever made

If Reddit didn't exist this thread wouldn't have been made.

Well no shit. That's how it works.

How is reddit keeping Sup Forums from liking thin plotted Disney films?

don't confuse basic story structure for thin plot, brighteyes

Well, for one thing it's popularity on said website has lead to contrarian nonces such as yourself to refer to it as a "thin plotted Disney film".

Sending the other company fags to shitpost here daily.

>Hating something because another group of people like it.

It's called being an insecure teenager. Eventually they'll grow out of it.

>basic story structure
wew

Yes, no you're right. Guardians of the Galaxy is a dense little gem of a film. A rich tapestry of sight and sound. Easily on of the defining works of the modern era. Film students will be learning from this masterwork for a Millenia.

You'd have to be objectively retarded to like Force Awakens.

There were some cute bits (round R2D2), and it was Star Wars (that 3 second X-Wing battle on that cunt planet was dank as fuck), but Jesus Christ it was fucking shitshow of plotholes, deus ex machina, Mary Sue memes and generally moronic storytelling.

I hated Guardians of the Galaxy. Chris Pratt is awful in it. The sets and CGI look like its a TV movie (reminded me of that Joey film when the family is in space), the plot is incomprehensible.

That said, I made it to about 20-30minutes in and had to turn it off. Maybe it gets better but a movie that doesn't grip me in the first 30mins isn't worth watching.

Sup Forums would still be contrarian regardless of reddit's existence.

It was nearly a beat for beat remake of the first fucking movie you pussy fart. It wasn't great, but it wasn't ANYWHERE near as bad as Sup Forums makes it out to be. This is a board that unironically prefers the prequels. It's just an objectively stupid opinion.

Sup Forums actually likes Guardians quite a bit, especially compared to other films of it's ilk. It's not unanimous, but nothing ever is on this site.

>not liking movies because reddit likes them

I don't know about others but I hated The Force Awakens and Deadpool anyways. I liked Gaurdians of the Galaxy though.

I think it has to do more with general popularity.

When I film becomes successful Sup Forums is driven to tear it apart. I think it has less to do with interest in perfecting the art, and more to do with creating an echo chamber of "No, we're not basement-dwelling nobodies fapping to futa and baneposting on a Korean woodblock forum, we're enlightened individuals of quality taste".

A FUCKING WOMAN LUKE YOU CUNT NUGGET AND SHE WAS GOOD AT STUFF YOU LITERAL TTUMBLR

Only try hard hispter fags hate TFA

>It was nearly a beat for beat remake of the first fucking movie

I wasn't aware this was a good thing

Welcome to Sup Forums, enjoy your stay.

>we're enlightened individuals of quality taste".
I mean, I am.

It's not a great thing, but unless you are unironically saying that someone would have to be "objectively retarded" to enjoy the original Star Wars like a fucking caricature of a basement dwelling, fedora tipping neckbeard, I'm not sure what your point is.

The entirety of MArvel's cinematique catalogue

Me too