Haven't been on Sup Forums for 4 years

Haven't been on Sup Forums for 4 years.

Is this album even mentioned anymore? Or was it just a meme for a year?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=neM4H8AgVgw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's a nu-male meme, sadly...

occasionally, like right now...
Some people still like it alot

>Haven't been on Sup Forums for 4 years.
run

I listen to this on vinyl at least once a month still

it was being mentioned a lot last year but the hype has really worn off i think, pretty much the only people still listening to it are fans

i still like it tho

its boring and formulaic

>its boring and formulaic
I remember when I listened to it that I thought it was predictable and grasping for GY!BE sort of compositions but stumbling and failing.

Starbucks metal is learning from indie rock: when you don't have songwriting on your side, take the self-consciously "shoegazey" route and crudely go through the motions of "having atmosphere" rather than arriving at something called atmosphere in a natural way. You can already hear bloggers tik-takking away with purple prose about "blissful anguish" and "waves of light." Meanwhile the pink minimalist cover art tells you that Deafheaven "gets" the sensibilities of a unique, sensitive guy like you who talks about "rockism" on tumblr in lowercase letters and considers taking a vacation to France on your parents' trustfund. Metal purists don't get it, but they must be "closed-minded." Don't forget your sweater and Virginia Slims.

I've never heard this album before. Show me a song that proves it is bad/good

>grasping for GY!BE sort of compositions but stumbling and failing
It's basically just third wave post-rock with screaming, I still don't get why it caused such a big stir at the time.

Do it yourself, faggot.

hahah yeah good way to show me the band sucks by showing me how much the fans suck

lurk more you fukken nerd

gb2 gaia online puddle pirate

What? This album was ass and I don't give a shit if you listen to it or not. If you're still interested in listening to it then don't be a faggot and ask to be spoon-fed. How hard is it to use Google?

>You can already hear bloggers tik-takking away with purple prose about "blissful anguish" and "waves of light."
>Meanwhile the pink minimalist cover art tells you that Deafheaven "gets" the sensibilities of a unique, sensitive guy like you who talks about "rockism" on tumblr in lowercase letters and considers taking a vacation to France on your parents' trustfund.

Kekkity kek. It's just fucking screamo.

Listen to it yourself and stop wanting to be spoonfed you baby

lol how hard is it to just show me a song you really hate/like? How am I supposed to know about random pink album people cry about online #15? you fucking homo

I really like it

can we all agree that black metal came of age with Deafheaven? not to insult the bands that came before, but there really is no reason to go back to them when a work like Sunbather exists. Venom, Bathory, Sarcofago, Blasphemy, Mayhem, Darkthrone, Burzum, Emperor... their existence was necessary, but ultimately this music we call black metal could only be refined into true art when such juvenille concepts as hatred, bleak forests and fantasy worlds were abandoned. enter Deafheaven...

youtube.com/watch?v=neM4H8AgVgw

>Judging music off it's it's fanbase

You really are a faggot.

I don't know partner but I tell you what you sure look fuckin gay to me

>How am I supposed to know about random pink album people cry about online #15?

Are you retarded? The name of the album is literally on the album. If you cared enough you would've just searched it up yourself. I don't understand why it's so hard for you to understand?

>I don't know partner but I tell you what you sure look fuckin gay to meYou need to go back

You need to go back

Top kek
Quality bait

Bait, although the only people who genuinely shit on Sunbather are contrarians and Le TRVE metalhead cultists

terrible bait

its not a shit record but its not great either.

> if you don't like Sunbather you MUST be a regressive greasy basement-dwelling neckbeard TRVE KVLT manchild

I want deafheaven fans to go

Unironically this in its entirety.

this