Vegas Baby

How does this make you feel, Oakland fans?

nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000773952/native/raiders-to-file-relocation-papers-to-move-from-oakland-to-vegas?akapp=mobile&akview=phone&akvideo=on

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DMjBnLN2_ME
eastbaytimes.com/2016/12/13/nfl-not-impressed-by-oaklands-latest-deal-to-try-to-keep-raiders/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't live in CA, but it makes me sad San Antonio will still be without a team.

what's closer to LA, Oakland or Vegas?

Because Los Angeles is where the Raiders fanbase actually is

As the crow flies, it is 340 miles between the Oakland Coliseum and whee the Inglewood stadium will be (369 miles by car). It is 232 miles between the likely Vegas stadium site and the Inglewood site (277 miles by car).

Good. Fuck the Raiders. They spent 20 years fucking over Oakland and Alameda County taxpayers and the A's.

PLS LET THE LA RAIDERS AUTIST KILL HIMSELF

Vegas, it's an easier drive as well

It's 5h22m to Oakland, 3h58m to Vegas according to google

i15 is a nice drive desu vegas is way closer

whatever means they don't have to play on a fucking baseball field anymore. Also it's a good excuse to fly to Vegas for a weekend now.

You've got that backwards. The A's have to play on a football field.

You could play that shit in a parking lot and it wouldn't hurt the players since they're either standing around or sitting down 80% of the game.

why are so many people in LA Raiders fans? I know they were there for like a decade, but I was honestly shocked when I found out the Rams had been in LA for like 50 years and imo would definitely be the Yankees to the Raiders/Chargers Mets.... is it just a lot of bandwagonning as a result of them winning the owl in 83 and having Bo on the team?

Like all of those LA based metal bands like Metallica and Slayer are Raiders fans, and a GM at my job who lives and is from LA is a Raiders fan and age wise I'd say he was in his teens/early-mid twenties when the Raiders were in LA.

Metallica are from the bay area

dont care what they do, as long as it benefits the team.

>LAS VEGAS IS MUH L.A. METROPOLITAN AREAAAAAAAAA

but all the guys except Kirk grew up in LA

All that. Plus the black and silver and stuff were popularized by rappers and it became sort of a symbol of LA.

>LA
>fans
LOOOOOOL

doesn't matter where they go, they have a national fanbase and will be popular wherever they end up

There are other reports saying they'll keep playing in Oakland until the new stadium in Vegas is done. That's a colossal fucking mistake. They should just go play in Sam Boyd stadium for a few years.

You're delusional as fuck. Their fanbase is highly, highly, highly concentrated in California. And it's effectively non-existent outside of California and the states bordering it.

Vegas
It isn't even close

Raider fan from Fresno here
Do feel sad for Oakland fans but the team never had a stadium just for football

I'll remain a fan like many in southern and central California that I know don't know about the bay area fans

Raiders should have gone to LA. They would have owned all of Cali sans the Bay.

>They spent 20 years fucking over Oakland and Alameda County taxpayers and the A's.
Lel
Who told you that? The city and the A's have been fucking over the Raiders for decades
There is a reason they moved out of Oakland the first time around

This is correct.

Look at the stats

They won here more often
Won a chip here
Helped the community and were the first team to do that , in one of the more dangerous eras in LA history
Cheap beer and tickets
Cool colors
Played in the city while rams played 25+ years in LA then moved to Anahiem to maximize profit in southern california which backfired terribly

The Raiders were just here in the right time when the Dodgers and Lakers were winning . Even Gretzky was lighting things up at the time

>pro sports in vegas

what could go wrong?

That's exactly why the other owners stopped them from moving to LA, because God forbid Al Davis' team does well

youtube.com/watch?v=DMjBnLN2_ME

>Hey Oakland, can we get some kind of new stadium? The A's just won like 3 championships, and we got our second?
>Ain't nuff money between you and dem po'grams
>Eat shit we're going to LA
>The fuck do you mean we have to share a stadium with a college team. Who are the fucking Rams?!
>Where did all these niggers and spics come from? Why aren't they going to games, we just won a fucking owl?!
>Fuck this we're going back to Oakland
>Y-you can't do tha-
>EAT SHIT TAGLIBUE
>So it's been damn near 50 years, can we get a fucking stadium that isn't dirt and below sea level? Al is gone and the future is looking good.
>We'll consid- oh look at that. The A's just leased it for another decade
>Fuck this god damn state
>Oakland and L.A. hold each other screaming as the Raiders pack their shit for Nevada

You're both illiterate inbreds. The Raiders abomination known as Mt Davis still has a 9-figure public debt left on it and they don't even fucking use it. On top of it being a total waste of money, it made the stadium significantly worse for baseball. The fact of the matter is that the A's have played in the Coliseum for far longer than the Raiders.

Theyre still going to be the more popular west coast team like cowboys to Texas and the rest of the Midwest

East Coast is too diverse

Are you really openly denying that Mt Davis wasn't publicly funded and still isn't even close to being paid off?

The stadium was only 15 fucking years old when the Raiders left.

meant *was* publicly funded

They don't use it because Oakland fans don't show up to games more often

Raiders moved out of LA because the earthquake permanently shelved stadium plans the city had for the team

In response the stupid officials of Oakland offered al renovations they declined decades ago

If anyone is to blame for that abomination its Oakland politicians

>mfw from the valley
>don't have to travel to brokeland anymore
>already go to Vegas twice a year to gable with friends

ALL SMILES

No one was denying the funding of Mt Davis or even brought it up

You don't even know the story behind the team and Oakland

You have time go research , check out a few books it is all documented

Oakland favored the A's to the point where the city is in red and falling

They were co-conspirators in stupidity. The Coliseum, even with the Mt Davis renovations, was outdated before it was even redone in 1995. The city was retarded to pay for it and Davis was retarded to think it was going to be any damn good.

>now have an excuse to fly out to Vegas for the weekend

hopefully all the Mexican raider fans go with them

Stop talking immediately. It is mathematically fucking false to make this dipshit claim:

> Oakland favored the A's to the point where the city is in red and falling

It's a fact that the city not only paid for renovations for the Raiders but also gave them a very low rent and annual operating subsidy in the millions of dollars (something the A's didn't get). The Raiders have not paid for improvements made since then. The new sound system and video boards were paid for completely by the A's.

It is a mathematical fact that the city has spent many times more money on benefits for the Raiders. Period.

Al is owner to a football team
He , like his son , doesn't know anything but football

I'm not going to defend al on everything but the fact is the Oakland officials , the city overall begged , were desperate and paid the heavy price

You don't blame the driver for buying a new car that breaks the next day

Essentially al is simply driving and the salesmen gave him a irresistible deal

>the Colosseum
>improvements

lmao the REAL losers here are the Chargers
>playing in a 27,000 capacity soccer stadium for 2 seasons
>will be paying rent to the Rams in the new stadium
>never had any claim to the city of LA other than the inaugural season
>LA fans are fairweather as fuck
>team name and logo were booed today at the Lakers-Clippers game
>Raiders will get a fancy-ass new stadium in Vegas
and to top it all off, with the Raiders officially out of the state of California, ever Raidnigger spic will be attending Charger """""home""""" games in full black to see the divisional match ups

> Oakland favored the A's to the point where the city is in red and falling
This is precisely the opposite of what actually happened.

Am I the only one who thinks Vegas is overrated? Besides the gambling, it's just another polished desert turd.

If it weren't for the A's, the stadium still wouldn't have video boards.

Let me guess you believe the Silicon Valley meme is going to save football like it saved the niners?

Vegas is the most unique desert city not in California

Stores are always open , lights are always on , no state income tax , citizens are from California and Texas and lastly guns

Ignore the new gun laws we still have gun shows

>Black jerseys
>In Vegas
>During the summer

How many fans are going to die of heat stroke?

Oh Vegas is an absolute piece of shit city. I mean, does anyone even deny that?

Football starts in the summer?

Pre-season and the first couple weeks are summer, plus it's still hot as shit until late October.

Mixed feelings to be honest. Yeah it's weird they're no longer in Oakland. But they're still the Raiders. Same players,coaches,colors. Just a different place. I'm in LA but have rooted for them since I started watching football. Who else will I root for? The Chargers,Rams? Nope.

Also I feel Raiders fan are going to fuck up Las Vegas. They way you act at home and they way you act abroad are different.They're all going to be away from Cali or wherever. Mix that with booze and somewhere where they can make a mess and just leave without worry. Sounds like a disaster.

Let me guess, you think you can get away with making verifiably false claims and not get called out on it.

Oakland and Alameda County have given a lot more money to the Raiders than to the A's. Nothing you can say changes that.

And by the way, the Northridge earthquake was not even close to the reason the Raiders went back to Oakland. It's because Davis refused to share the stadium they were going to build at Hollywood Park. It's that simple.

First day of fall next year is September 22

Arizona made it work for years. Sack up.

Vegas resident
It remains hot as shit until August-early September but it isn't that bad

If they played in June to July where it gets up to 110 daily then maybe there should be concern

Plus it is a dome stadium

>Oakland and Alameda County have given a lot more money to the Raiders than to the A's. Nothing you can say changes that.
They built a mistake to get the team back which can only be blamed on the city officials for agreeing to such a mistake
They consistently tried to screw the team over the following years

How can you even deny that? Do you work for Oakland or the A's?

They screwed them by literally giving them millions of dollars per year to subsidize operations?

Nigger, you're retarded.

It's like you have no idea how money works.

And on top of this, the city/county has offered to sell the land to the Raiders and let them redevelop it as they see fit (i.e. have it all to themselves), but has never made that offer to the A's.

Answer this then

Everyone excluding the politicians and you two agree that oakland never gave the Raiders a chance to build their own stadium

Why do you two believe the Raiders are to blame? Because they're given a now tarp covered mountain? Because they recieve small renovations the A's also make use of?

Let's remind people this

With the Raiders potential move the A's already set out plans to demolish the coliseum and built a park close to it with backing from the city

> Everyone
No, just you.

Oakland gave them the chance to have all the land for themselves or to share it but with 2 separate stadiums. The team didn't want either. Oakland negotiated terms with multiple development groups trying to get the team a new stadium in Oakland.

You keep denying facts that were very publicly reported and documented. Slit your fucking throat already.

I'm not an Oakland fan but I'd prefer if they stayed in Oakland. Honestly the Chargers should have been shipped over to LV because fuck San Diego and their stupid team.

The A's don't use Mt Davis either and they never wanted it. And the AV upgrades were paid for by the A's. It's the Raiders who benefitted by others, not the other way around.

Mark Davis has repeatedly openly refused to speak with the city or any development partner.

This is going to be a fucking disaster and Mark Davis will be forced to sell the team 5 years after the move to Las Vegas.

It's going to be hilarious.

You're saying I'm denying fact but you didn't bring any sources with you
A's buying upgrades and raiders using just mean raiders are using what is given to them , something the city or the A's won't take away
Recently yes but the first time around with witnesses from league officials the city of Oakland stopped being realistic

Again I'm not here to defend the Davis family like a lapdog but the fact is oakland doesn't care about the Raiders

It telling when the fanbase in Oakland os barely split on the idea of the hehe hem moving and the fans talking during public meetings with owner and officials pressured the officials more than the owner

>telling when the fanbase in Oakland os barely split on the idea of the hehe hem moving and the fans talking during public meetings with owner and officials pressured the officials more than the owner
It's telling when the fanbase pressures the politicians more so than the team owner to get a deal done

It is telling when nfl officials have come out on record to say they aren't trying to keep the team and resorted to Ronnie
eastbaytimes.com/2016/12/13/nfl-not-impressed-by-oaklands-latest-deal-to-try-to-keep-raiders/

sounds like the Vegas mob bosses made a deal so they'd have a steady stream of drunk tourists to exploit

if that were real and not a meme I'd piss myself with laughter, how will Vegas bookies be neutral now that they've got 2 new professional sport franchises?

>how will Vegas bookies be neutral now that they've got 2 new professional sport franchises?
You know bookies anywhere are not suppose to clearly show favoritism to a team and don't give gamblers advice on what or who to bet on

Bookies are not fans they're businessmen and if otherwise they're a terrible bookie

It would work perfectly. If you include the valley and Austin as part of the fan market, I can't understand why it doesn't work

mexicans

Stopped being realistic? Blow you cocksucking brains out.

The thing that isn't realistic is Oakland paying hundreds of millions of dollars for a new stadium. The Raiders and league were being unrealistic by even thinking it was a distinct possibility. There have been motherfucking years of public surveys of Oakland residents about priorities for the city and pro sports came in 16th place.

> demands sources
> provides none
> won't even do 2 minutes of searching to see the laundry list of articles documenting the years long process

I pray that you're sterile.

too many spics, too close to the border

>Metallica are from the bay area

They're from LA, they have their HQ in the Bay Area because they're humongous faggots now.

Spics, niggers, gangbangers and fairweather fans who jumped on board when they won an Owl. Most of the Raiders fans I know are walking sterotypes, I don't want the Chargers either but I'm glad the Raiders are moving state. Last thing I want is Raider fans to start stabbing people in the stands again like they did when they were in LA and San Jose.

90% of their fanbase is spics anyways, why would that matter?

>what in an indoor stadium with AC