Good artists or just meme?

Good artists or just meme?
Are they just famous because the lead girl is fucking hot?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=poYNtyoNU8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=cPKe1qKfOE4
youtube.com/watch?v=7kWdpEnJfxI
youtube.com/watch?v=m2hq9HEtKRU
youtube.com/watch?v=qoFSDrVrLno&t=79s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>a angel

meme all the way

I'd like to take this post to tell that P DIDDY KILLED 2PAC AND NOTORPIOUS BIG! WAKE UP, AMERICA! WAKE UP!

literally nobody cares

kind of annoying.

Absolute garbage and meme as fuck.

Hate their music but they were the only redeemable thing about Chappie

>fucking hot
lel no

The music is OK, the concept is great.

>fucking hot
what the fuck.

they're shit

they're REALLY good, but their best stuff isn't as Die Antwoord, and Die Antwoord is impenetrable for the average Sup Forumstant anyway, as you can see in this thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=poYNtyoNU8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=cPKe1qKfOE4

if you like either of these, spend some time with the early material--this record (be sure you have both discs), Max Normal, and maxnormal.tv, then revisit Die Antwoord. it's worth it. In my opinion, Waddy's one of the smartest, most talented, and most awe-inspiring musicians of all time.

God awful. Worse than Death Grips. They would be considered pure cringe if they weren't South African.

She's hot, she just dresses like shit on purpose.

she is fine as fuck man. she makes herself look like an autistic weeaboo on purpose. if you've seen her in regular interviews where she just acts normal you'd realize shes fucking gorgeous

plus she has the body of a teenage girl

>plus she has the body of a teenage girl
HOW is that even possible

dude that link you posted is some weirdo shit. Their work as die antwoord is better

what is the spider band

Excuse me?

That's The Prodigy's logo.
and it's an ant.....

do you think dg isnt for posers?

>NOTM isn't a game changer.

wym? Dude I feel like death grips is for weirdo rejects who need surrogate way to express their emo passions through angry artschool music while still trying to retain their pretentious image of underground coolness. feel me?

No they aren't.
I personally don't like them all that much but at least I can take what they do with a small level of seriousness because they are actual adults.

Case and point
youtube.com/watch?v=7kWdpEnJfxI
Just saying some rather pretentious things but at least what they say can be taken seriously
now compare it with
youtube.com/watch?v=m2hq9HEtKRU
"Lol we're so weird n random #normalpeoplescareme"

One understands when enough is enough the other is just constantly using their gimmick to be edgy.

is right. I dunno about Yolandi, but Waddy makes a lot of good shit. Constructus Corporation is the best he's done, and one of my all time favorites, but his stuff as Max Normal is good. So is Original Evergreen and the stuff he did under his real name like Memoirs of a Clone. I haven't listened, but Fucknrad is worth checking out too. Everything they've done as Die Antwoord is confirmed meme, though. Pretty sure they're just cashing in, don't blame them. Shit, some of it's even kinda good. Nothing experimental or innovative, but definitely fun. I can't have a bad time listening to Raging Zef Boner.

Die Antwoord are one of the biggest and best pleb filters there is.

Richard James showed his face in one of their videos for a reason.

Too funny.
youtube.com/watch?v=qoFSDrVrLno&t=79s

>Good artists or just meme
80% of the first generously sprinkled with 20%. This said the last album is really weak, feels like the ir formula is wearing off, time to kill die antwoord and look for something new. Good thing that they know how to reinvent themselves, they've done that already.

>I just started washing the dishes
>Everything was so clean and nice I felt bad just leaving my banana pudding out
fuckin nice dude
they genuinely seem like they'd be really fun to just hang out with, really down to earth

For some reason, after District 9, the movie press, Reddit, etc were all expecting Neil Blomkamp to be the second coming of Ridley Scott or Danny Boyle, making fanciful movies containing hard social messages.

In reality, Blomkamp himself always wanted to be the next Paul Verhoven, taking plots steeped in social commentary, that could easily be ruined, turned into humorless pop-sociological tripe in the hands of someone looking to make a "serious" movie out of them (see: every "serious" sci fi film made since 2000 or so), and instead using them as interesting basic premises for killer production design/weapons, fantastic action sequences, and gratuitous, RoboCop-tier sci-fi violence, all played for sensible chuckles with a winking eye.

Of you went into Elysium and Chappie expecting what the critics were hoping for, you'll be sorely disappointed. If you saw them expecting the latter, they're some of the most entertaining films of the past 10 years.

I extremely enjoyed the ragtag cyberpunk feel of the slum sections of the Elysium, the rest of the movie, when it actually tried to tell some story about social divisions and inequality not so much

They are 100% image, 0% substance

They're a great pleb filter, just get all the plebs to listen to them so they become fans and you can go listen to other music they still don't know about.

That's like 90% of mainstream rap right now. At least they have their own style I guess.