I need help from some of the marijuana enthusiasts of Sup Forums...

I need help from some of the marijuana enthusiasts of Sup Forums. I bought this cartridge of Jack Herer oil for my G pen and it doesn't seem to be compatible. This cartridge is different than the others I've used in the past. It threads in fine, but it won't smoke properly. This is a cheapo wax pen that doesn't have any branding on it so I don't know what I'm looking for exactly to google. I've been looking for another pen to order but I want to make sure it fits first. Can anyone help me out?

Other urls found in this thread:

gpen.com/collections/g-slim/products/g-slim-hookah-vaporizer-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it seems like one of those 500 hits pen, so yea battery dead

Take the battery, look inside where it threads see small circle. That is what needs to connect to the inside of the cartridge. Get a paperclip or something small and use it to pull that little circle upwards the tiniest amount. Had this issue yesterday and fixed it

either its a dead battery that needs recharging or its not strong enough to power that tip.

Before I go bending shit, here's a comparison of the cartridges. The empty one on the left works fine, I just tried it. The new one is lighting up the pen weird.

It just get on youtubes and search "thc vape battery not working." There was plenty that helped me

I think this guy is onto something when he says battery isn't powerful enough. Does anyone know a resource for looking up the specs of anything?

Here's the pen I'm looking at btw

gpen.com/collections/g-slim/products/g-slim-hookah-vaporizer-1

Could be shorted. DO you have a ohm meter?

How serviceable are those, can you just pour the fluid into the working one?

What about taking it back to where you bought it?

Get a Dr. Dabber. Its the best g pen ive ever had

Here's the thing though: it's still working fine with the other cartridge. Nothing is indicating that the pen isn't working properly. It seems like a compatibility issue.

The screw on the bottom of the non working cart looks turned out a lot, it may be shorting inside the mod. Try screwing it in a little.

At the bottom of the fitting, you will see a metal disk with a hole to allow the passage of heat. Make sure this disk is level with the bottom of the threading, if it isn't then you can wiggle it into position using a pin

Thanks for all the feedback so far guys.

Nope. Not shorted.

Can't transfer the oil into the other cartridge, the atomizer sticking out of it protrudes and would make a mess. I started to attempt this and said fuck it.

The head shop I went to would replace it no questions asked but it's not broken.

I wish I had enough information to determine the issue. I really think they are just incompatible with each other. I can't figure out which pen would work with the cartridge at this point and it's driving me nuts.

What he said OP. What you could be looking at here is an awkward screwing mechanism. Try playing around with how tight or loose you screw in the cart. Use your fingers to restrict airflow when screwed lightly. In my experience with batteries like this though, you won't get half as good a hit as you would with a standard tube battery with a higher wattage. When dealing with cartridges that have high %ages PG VG you might not even get high from a single hit off a little battery like this.

I just heard it was a problem before. don't have any facts except it happened to me once

>The head shop I went to would replace it no questions asked but it's not broken.
But it's not working. They may have the answer.

GPens are weak as shit. Go to a vape store and get a better battery. Preferably with an adjustable voltage....then you should be good.

Turned out? Everything seems tight to me. I dunno if that pic helps. Although when I look at it the older cartridge seems a tad more recessed on the contact.

They should all be compatible, they're all a standard 510 thread.

If the pen is lighting up differently it might be erroring out because of a short or too low OHM coil.

Yes, some of those center pins are adjustable because the contact on the pen isn't spring loaded. It could be out too far and shorting out inside the pen.

That's part of the reason I'm looking to get a better one. You seem to be experienced in this subject. Have you seen these cartridges before? What's this cartridge called? Like, how do I know what's going to be compatible? I have no info to work with. In this case the two cartridges look very similar, but one doesn't work. Frustrating as hell.

It's all made in china garbage being rebranded and sold in the west. Just look on fastech for the one you bought and go from there.

Okay, so I'm working with a 510 thread here?

I'm about to try I guess, they look nearly identical. How do I adjust this? What tool should I use?

Yes, there are 510 threads and ego threads. Those are 510.

I'm, also that guy.

I'd use a flat blade screw driver.

I'm nervous man, if I fuck up the pins needlessly, then that cartridge is shot and I have no way of transferring the oil. How far am I bending these?

Like, why would I risk it when the other cartridge is working fine? I wish I knew what the atomizer runs at.

Drugs are bad. You should all seek help.

Dude why don't you just get some meth?

Just try lightly screwing the center post in clockwise a few turns. If it won't budge then it's in all the way already. (I saw in because it looks like it's out too far, make it match your working cart)

Your other option is:
Try the pen with working head, remember light flashing pattern.
Try pen with NO cart on it, remember light flashing pattern.
Try pen with "bad" cart, remember light flashing pattern.

Compare them to see if "bad" cart is shorted or open. If you can't easily fix it by adjusting the screw in the bottom then next stop head shop.

DAMN YOU FROGGY FRENCHFAGS KEEP YOUR GROSS FOOD OFF OUR SITE!!

You want 0 risk? Take it back to the store.

When you say it's out too far, what are you saying exactly? The cartridge, or the pen? The way the cartridge is screwed into the pen? The base of the cartridge itself? Sorry, I am trying to fully understand what you mean.

This picture
looks like the center pin on the bad cart is out farther than the working cart. That may be a problem. Try fixing that.

I know this pic is shit, but if you look at the lights on the bottom, they fade in and out instead of turning on max brightness all at once, and it blinks when the hit is done to reset. It's working fine. I just got a mini residual hit out of the old one.

The new one just flicks on, and flicks off. Nothing else.

Alright I'll give it a shot. So am I unscrewing it, prying, or what? Or can I twist the cartridge (which seems to not do anything)? Sorry man I'm new to this. I appreciate your help.

Try it with no cart attached. If it does the same thing then it means there is an open connection somewhere. If it does something different then it means there's a short somewhere.

These are just basic troubleshooting techniques. Read your manual for your pen and see what the blinks SHOULD be and what they do when indicating a fault.

Maybe instead of shit like this, you could lose weight fathands.

Yep, working properly without anything on it. And I have no literature on this pen here, I literally bought it and just popped the sucker in.

What do you think?

Then I'm assuming the coil is shorted out, the coil is too low ohm, or the 510 connection is shorted out. If you can't take a flat blade screwdriver and screw the center pin in to match your working cart then take it back to the store.

There's nothing to pry. What do I use to twist this?

I don't know what I'm doing here. What I think is that this pen doesn't have powerful enough of a battery.

Anyway, later. Done trying to help.

Go buy a real vape and empty that shit into the tank. Then proceed to buy 100 fidget spinners and a Subaru

Thanks.

pop it in the microwave on high for 3-4 minutes
pull it out and wait 30 seconds
it'll still be pretty hot
then go fuck your mother

Shit nigga, if someone posts a thread asking for any form of advice, they just get trolled. Over 40 posts and the vast majority are intended for legitimate help.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7qQ6_RV4VQ

>smoking oil
>not using a rig
kys

And a flat billed cap, bro.

I laughed.

New World Order, bitch.

What kind of pen is OP using?

Familiar with this design, sure. How does it pull compared to your working cart?

Probably a O pen if youre referencing the battery

>Tfw i drive a Subaru and vape

Not as well. Feels tight.

I just pried and futzed with the connections, no luck.

eleaf iNano
Ego c-twist
iTaste vivi nova
/thread

DIY
Threading your own post?
fuck you.

/thread

Also, I've been pulling on both cartridges to test. It's leading me to believe that the battery isn't powerful enough because the working cartridge gets hot after repeated pulls. Nothing from the other one. The atomizer isn't engaging.

So I've noticed that a lot of pens are identical to the O Pen. Is there known compatibility issues between cartridges?

>Cheap made in china garbage
>Compatibilty issues

The only issue is poor craftsmanship.

In its defense, it was working fine with the other cartridge. There's something fucky with the new one that's driving me insane.

Not the same brand, but looks pretty close. Flav RX

That looks very similar. Mouthpiece is identical. The atomizer might be different though? Can't tell. Any issues? What pen do you use?

Is there a manual for this style of pen?

Aha! I found something. Google "buttonless vape pen"

>Using shit tier e-cig gear for thc consumption
Get a proper vape made for weed/extracts instead of sucking on mouth-fedoras.

I love my Pax 3, which does ground up herb or dabs.

Pic half related - my sidecar bubbler sitting on my pax 3 box. Didn't have pic of pax in phone.

Are you putting a vape through glass?

The battery is definitely a Bloom Highlighter, not sure what cartridge you have there though.

The battery is the ubiquitous cheap shit one from China that everyone has. I wish I knew how to troubleshoot it.

seconding the pax. Yeah shit's expensive and maybe even overrated, but if you're using anything other than a dry herb / concentrate device, you're wasting your money on shit. If you're poor, check out the old Pax 1, the old firefly, or some other out-dated but good-tier shit