LEAK THREAD: AVEY TARE EUCALYPTUS DISCUSSION

>LEAK THREAD: AVEY TARE EUCALYPTUS DISCUSSION

Its good, maybe better than deak cycle

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!1moEkSzC!8HK9Wgl_QTtSYLVEACQPUQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

mega.nz/#F!1moEkSzC!8HK9Wgl_QTtSYLVEACQPUQ

best Anco release this decade

what do you mean "maybe" better? for as good as Sleep Cycle was, Eucalyptus blows it out of the water in terms of ambition and cohesion. overall just generally a more holistic project.

It's way better than Sleep Cycle. Don't get me wrong, I liked Sleep Cycle, but we're giving it a handicap because it was a Deak album so we weren't expecting much. I haven't listened enough to decide where it stands compared to CHz, Down There, and Slasher Flicks, but I can say with certainty that I think it's very good and it sounds "fresh".

it's gud

it's amazing how much more this sounds like the band than the band's actual output (minus meeting of the waters)

Speak for yourself, I had higher expectations for Deak costing l considering Country Report is the best AnCo solo track of all time.

I like the new Avey, but Sleep Cycle was incredible.

wish this sounded like hz

When You Left Me is one of the most beautiful tracks he has ever made. His voice sounds amazing.

is a transcode

Ew. No.

I feel like there are a bunch of new Avey voices on this album that we've never heard before.

The album version of Selection of a Place is excellent. I love the harmonies on "not thinkin abooooutttt"

the sounds and samples on boat race and in pieces are fucking incredible. Also this album's version of Selection of a Place sounds more focused than the meeting of the waters version. Its my favorite of his solo releases so far.

>liking anything related to anco in 2017

Fucking nu-male beta cuck faggots.

Uh oh, we got an alpha

I'm a huge Avey fan but it seems like I'm the only one who's not blown away by this. Maybe it's the length but a lot of it sounded too uninteresting and aimless to me. I'll give it a few more chances though.

pleb needs his verse-chorus song structures? too hard for you to follow buddy?

you sure showed him!! ebin!

some of the melodies are really beautiful but there's too much aimless acoustic strumming

>aimless
you're missing the point

I honestly don't know why I go to Sup Forums other than sharethreads.
I really don't understand how 85% of the people here view art, "aimless" is such a non-criticism.
Aimless to what?
The goal you decided for the artist or your preconceived notion of what music should be?

Almost bothers me as much as fans of a band crying that they change their sounds, notably AnCo and of Montreal.

2 minutes in, sounds like Feels.

what I mean is that it doesn't go anywhere interesting, there's no payoff, it's just noodling so to speak, there's nothing unique or exciting about it, it feels like unnecessary filler to pad song length, etc.

When You Left Me is one of my favorite AnCo-related songs ever. The end is just transcendently beautiful.

Then go listen to your crescendo-core and gush over that, if it's not for you, it's not for you. Trying to put music in a box based on whether it's 'aimless' (whatever that means) or not is totally pointless.

>there's no payoff
did we listen to the same album?

You sound like a very stubborn person who can't understand the concept of differentiating tastes.

Now what would really make me a beta cuck is if I stopped liking AnCo because you faggots post this every time they're brought up

the fuck? what does "crescendo-core" have to do with literally anything I said? you don't need a crescendo for a song to have a focus and an actual intent and purpose for it's place on the album.

but sure if you find some innate beauty in Avey jerking off with his guitar for an extra 2-4 minutes then that's totally cool, it just seems like your musical taste is more easily satisfied than me, personally I want songs to be more than just "another track on that album" I feel like for a song to be really good it has to fit with everything else in some way.

Avey's guitar playing with occasional wailing over it doesn't really do anything for me. but as I originally said, when a song on the album has a good melody, it is REALLY good. I just feel like he should have trimmed the fat, because the less good melodies severely outweigh the really good melodies and bring down the replayability of the full album.

but then again, liking a melody is kinda subjective, so whatever.

Would you say the song structures on releases like Sung Tongs or Prospect Hummer are much different though? I reckon a solid portion of the fanbase really enjoys the trancelike hypnotic meandering stuff that old AnCo is known for

>Would you say the song structures on releases like Sung Tongs or Prospect Hummer are much different though?

Yes actually.

my favorite AnCo albums are Spirit, Indian and MPP. I actually think Spirit is one of very few existing 10/10 albums in popular music. Sung Tongs is kind of on the same level as this new one for me.

I like AnCo (not so much Danse, HCtI, or Centipede) most Panda Pear and Sleep Cycle, where do I start with Avey?

also, Centipede was the latest release I've heard by the whole band, have i missed out on anything as of late?

people will tell you to skip it, but give Painting With a listen, it's one of the most interesting pop albums of the decade

lunch out of order is incredible

You clearly didn't follow the tropical and polynesian influenced feelings of isolation throughout the album. It isn't "aimless" strumming by any stretch of the word. He very heavily takes influence from Hawaiian, New Guinea and more island style song styles.

Does anyone else think Season High is quite possibly the best opener of any Animal Collective release? Every time I re-listen to this album it gets closer and closer in all honesty. The only thing it can't beat out in my eyes is In the Flowers.

I really like Season High but I do realize the error in my thought process. That lyric and melody "Today Monterey seems far away I can hear it dying" just gets me every time. So good.