How do you ignore this?

How do you ignore this?

Other urls found in this thread:

bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

with drugs and alcohol

vidya mostly

option+click on a mac

I'll probably put most of my income into a 401k so the banks can take good care of it for me.

/THREAD

>he doesn't understand the time value of money

Sup Forums really is a collection of dumb faggot niggers when economics comes up

the fuck is on the Y graph?

its just a listing of US dollars but in reference or what kind of unit is that?

By not caring about anything in life

Money is more valuable when it's fake

Its the relative worth of the dollar from when it first came out. How didn't you figure that out?

google inflation if you'd like an explanation

yep, that one post is all of Sup Forums's opinion, thats it you figured it out dude, hes all of us, all of our opinions are the same as OP's, you fucking cracked the code my Jewish friend

vidya and shitposting

Jesus man you got an IQ of 70 or something? The graph is showing the worth of the US dollar relative to It's value when the Fed Res was created

Dude who cares the Indians work hard and they're still peasants. We're peasants. Just eject from society and settle for less. Like no I don't need a popcorn making machine and a hair machine and a machine for everything. I need like food in bulk and people to travel with I guess. If you were to show people the behaviors we use with stuff like credit cards and stuff it's insane and like online purchasing it's fucking insane. We live in a magic Wonderland and it's killing us spiritually not "financially".

>wah inflation
why do you care so much? inflation is good for the economy in the long-term

fuck off Krugman

>he doesnt understand that the money is based on nothing and he enjoys the manipulation and loss of wealth

sure is great to become poorer

"good" is not exactly the word I would use to describe the economy. Although I don't necessarily disagree that it could be good through appropriate application of inflation.

compared to what? purchasing power? wages? GDP? a gallon of milk, or gas, or a loaf of bread? the cost of housing?

>MUH KRUGMAN
>MUH KEYNESIANISM
>MUH DEFLATION
>MUH STIMULATE DEMAND

inflation is what is being represented, they have debased the currency by almost 95%

this is entirely inflation

are you implying this is good

do you enjoy losing wealth?

do you enjoy the banker cock?

how does it taste?

Was talking to this really old guy from work. He was telling me you used to be able to buy a car and pay it off within a matter of like 3-5 months.

Now it's like 3-5 years.

My cousin bought a brand new truck in 2009. It's only 7 years later and that same exact truck is now $30,000 more expensive. How the fuck did the price of a car increase by that much in just 7 years?

Houses are getting stupid expensive again too, pretty average suburban homes are now going for $400,000-$500,000

You put your savings in gold dummy.

It's called the consume price index, and yes, It measure purchasing power by observing a lot of consumer goods like food, petrol, housing, education, healthcare, etc

but you're sure that's the value implied by the Y axis? it's unlabeled and unsourced.

Can someone please explain to me why every other graph I see shows the dollar's value/purchasing power accounting for inflation staying relatively the same?

Is OP's graph bullshit? Or are the ones I'm seeing elsewhere bullshit? Why?

>CPI goes down over time
>As inflation marches on and total compensation rises

Wow it's fucking nothing when taken in isolation

yes, yes, goy but you see, if you spend you money into these thins, we can offer you excellent loans, and then you have equity so that you can also be rich after you retire!

Sheesh, then just put your cash in TIPS instead.

I tried that once. I guess it depends on how you calculate "inflation." I have never lost more IOUs in my life.

Looks pretty stable since the mid eighties.

Even if the inflation rate over the last 100 years was 0%, the money would still lose value over time.

>bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm

how?

When I was a kid a quarter was worth about $1.20 in today's money.

I don't FEEL old.

they keep changing what is included in the CPI

in short

also it staying the same is just as bad, considering the money printing and corporate profits, you should expect the dollar to be worth more

When I was a kid, gas cost less than milk, and my entire family was fed on half the cost of my one man single weekly grocery bill.

The numeric value of the car I bought coming up on 20 years ago hasn't gone down.

if the market interest rate is 3%, and prices go up due to supply and demand, increased productivity, etc, then i can lend my money and have $1.03 next year. My purchasing power remains stable. If i hold that dollar, my $1 buys less tomorrow than it does today.

Wouldn't the worth go up due to a limited number of cash but a growing amount of population? If no more money is printed and no more gold is found, the value of a dollar would increase due to less of it to go around with more people. I am by no means knowledgeable on economics, but what you said doesn't make much sense

So you get it. It's a way to force moneylending by the people who make money off of lending money. If you were to be a good goy and save that, then you'd be destitute by the time you died, and the moneylenders would just reap it all back into their system.

>When I was a kid, gas cost less than milk

When I was a kid I had no earthly idea how much either of those things cost.

But when I was 16 a gallon of gas cost about 75 cents. I didn't buy any milk then either.

Wait, back it up. So more people using the dollar equals more dollars which equals inflation??

>do you enjoy the banker cock?
Actually inflation destroys bankers. The debt incurred on credit purchases in the past is made in past dollars. But if there is sudden spike in inflation, the average creditor can pay back the face value of their debt in debased dollars.

tl;dr inflation actually fucks with the Jewish bankers and if you look at things historically it has usually been the populist elements of the population which clamor for free floating money.

No one ever said that no more money is printed. More money has to be printed.

MV=PQ=GDP
m=money supply
v=velocity of money (stays mostly constant with very little deviation)
p=general price level
q=average total output

As the total output of an economy grows (people make more good and services), supply and demand push the average price level upwards (This is NOT inflation btw). More money is printed so as to keep the same, relative amount of currency chasing the same, relative amount of goods.

Inflation occurs when M increases faster than GDP. When M goes up, V doesn't change much, and not much extra output is created, so by definition, P, the average price level, will increase faster than output. Too much money chasing too few goods.

*velocity of money is the average number of time $1 turns over in a year

Ah, I see now. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to economics, but thank you for explaining.

price gouging

Can we please stop it with the velocity of money? Of course that's an interesting metric, but shitting more money into the system in order to achieve velocity goals is stone cold stupid, particularly when it's really only being shat out everywhere only to recapitalize big banks that ought to have faced bankruptcy a long, long time ago.

Came to post vidya and booze.

What the fuck are you going on about?

It's a cover story for lending money out the back door (or "discount window" if you want to use the right codewords) in a desperate attempt to rig books on an enormous scale so that the oh so special players can rig their books hard just to try hard to meet the Basel requirements, and fail it every time until they stop talking about Basel requirements or any other measure of solvency.

Kill yourself you fucking fag

Diluted to 1/20th of its value across 100 years?

That's actually pretty good, I thought it was waaaaay worse.

With crypto

Hoarding gold until the return of gold-backed currency.

OP:I SURE LOVE MY AXIS LABELS WHILE MAKING CHARTS BUT NOT AS MUCH AS I LOVE SUCKING COCK