Your 'most listened-to' album thread

Your 'most listened-to' album thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qWG2dsXV5HI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There was a point where I literally listened to it everyday for a few months. It is impossible to become tired of desu.

Probably this or Filosofem

was going to post this

i tend get drunk then start yelling along with the record "WHATS MY NAME WHATS MY STATION OH PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO" on the daily

Technically Titus Andronicus - The Monitor but probably this if we're talking about entire albums

smiths' hatful of hollow

though on this new pc i'm on its frank ocean's "blond"

Easily.

It's probably this, it's not unique or anything here but there's nothing else like it in the music industry
I don't think it's ever gotten stale and I've listened to it dozen of times in different moods

My second most listened to (definitely less popular) is Camel - Nude

According to Last.fm it's this one

>My second most listened to (definitely less popular) is Camel - Nude

my man, thats my favourite album by them as well, glad im not the only one who really enjoys that record

Either this or Mass of the Fermenting Dregs' self-titled.

Either this or Clear Spot.

I'd put a conservative estimate of 130 this year alone

not even in my top 10 but it's good for falling asleep

This is definitely my all time most listened, but this is probably most listened this year.

stupid nostalgia for a girl that I liked keeps this up there.

are you me?

ATTTTT AARRRMSS LENGTTHHHH I WILLL HOOOOOOOOOOLLDD YOU THEREEEE

I've been listening to this album twice a day for six months, I cannot get tired of it

listened to this about 5 times

This is up there

Since Helplessness Blues was taken, this is definitely a close 2nd

this one is up there too.

According to last.fm anyway. All time would probably actually be The Downward Spiral. Listened to that album daily when I was 14

Probably 300 times since it came out

nice
ugh
eh
eh
lol
niiiiiiiiiiiiiice
decent
meme
meh
nice!
blegh
uggggggggh
bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh
nice!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I seriously cannot stop listening to this

gets better with every listen

These "patricians" really need to get off their high horse

do NOT laugh at BBNG or clipping i WILL cry

I listened to this twice on the same acid trip

This

I WOKE UP ONE MOOOOOORNIN

>listening to an album more than 10 times

>not rating it on RYM and move on to next thing

ITT: Daddies who pretend to live in 1974.

lying drunk and face down on the carpet while yelling the lyrics to every song is the way this album was meant to be listened to

back when i was a pleb just getting into jazz i would play this all the time

>rating it on RYM and move on to next thing
>you share a board with people who actually do this
and you people claim to enjoy music

do you listen to this thing all the way through every time you start, carry on from where you ended, or begin from the start again even if you didn't finish it before?
I'll take "patricians" (as you say) over plebs (, ) any day
looked it up because i've never seen this before, you must not listen to a lot of albums if your most listened to was released this year
I've never explored vaporwave but I'm sure it's actually a lot more enjoyable than all the memes make it out to be
can't speak for Coltrane, I have yet to explore jazz in depth

It is not 70s where i am stuck with three albums for a month man. Too much good music. I make playlists of songs I loved from albums I checked but spinning the same album over and over again? I do it only for Madvillainy or Aqualung. Those two are my favorite albums but I can't invest that much into other albums.

>rating music and moving on
so i work in a small brewery, all our regulars generally order the same thing cause they like it and that's what people do, they try to repeat an experience. Anyone who does understand that is an autist, which is odd seeing as repetitive stuff is kinda your thing

this
I have a hard time imagining what enjoying music must be like for people who have a list of albums that they go through as fast as possible in order to rate as much stuff as they can.
If I actually started rating stuff on my rym I'd probably have more 4s and 5s than 2s and 3s (maybe that's an exaggeration but you get the point)

just take a listen to the title track: youtube.com/watch?v=qWG2dsXV5HI

now that i've posted this, and the youtube video started, I guess i'll listen to the album again

Going by the number of tracks it's pic related, but by the amount of times I've listened through the whole album it's The Velvet Underground.

>I make playlists of songs I loved from albums I checked but spinning the same album over and over again?
>mfw I actually have to share a board with people like this
and why the fuck would you say you "spun" the album when you just mentioned before that you use playlists? Don't tell me you have a record player just to spin an album one fucking time you retard

been listening to this album every day the past 2,years.

The true choice.

please enlighten me as to how many listens that adds up to

producing

is there a better hip hop album?

Unironically I love ATLiens more.

God loves ugly.

great album

Got a mint copy of My Favourite Things. So annoyed it has fills within the groove in some places.

Very nice, a lot more accessible than the stuff that I've heard from a Love Supreme, but then again, I have yet to actually sit down and listen to an album like that in full

I think this one is better

never gets old

:)

Second most listened will be this

thanks dad

not a bad choice

These are all probably pretty close behind.

a bit cheesy but gold

504 here

gotta be either pic related or

i probably listened to queen 2, dog problems, and pet sounds more than anything else.

i only like one of them nowadays

>oh look at me I listen to phillip glass, my opinion matters
holy shit dude. should we tell him?

You did a great job, man. We're all really proud of you.

Of all time, it would have to be pic related. Don't judge me too hard, I fucking loved this album when I was young, still have a soft spot for it to this day. Ever since I got more Sup Forums-pilled, it's been Madvilliany, or The Money Store.

This. I'm kinda glad I didn't discover NIN in my teenage years, makes me think that I wouldn't have appreciated it back then contrary to today.

Fantastic album.
This is nice
Filosofem one of all my all time favorites, come my fanatics... also really great.
Also one of my top favorites
this is great
Really? I personally think it's one of the weaker stuff of Coltrane. The title track is amazing but everything else feels wasted. But to each his own.
Again great album

re: my favorite things
the later tunes definitely ride the coattails of the title track, but i've listened to it so much that it feels like one piece of work instead of distinct songs

I liked my dad. I like him being alive.

I didn't see the part where OP said "multiquote and pass facile judgment on everybody's taste".

You are a stereotypical pretentious dickhead. I just want you to know that. Even if you don't mean to come off that way-- even if you think you're different-- that is how others perceive you.

Rick Astley - Free
Cock Robin - Cock Robin
Depeche Mode - Construction Time Again
Prefab Sprout - From Langley Park to Memphis

poooooool

Minimum = once per day, since last year was a leap year that is 731 listens.

Maximum = continuous, album is 66:51 = 4011 seconds. Seconds in a year is ~31644000 (including 24 hours for the leap year and ~6 extra hours because it doesn't divide evenly). Thus you could listen to it ~7889.3 times in one leap year and ~15756 times in two years (assuming no power outages, stopping to sleep, etc).

this was one of the few cds i kept in my truck since it only had a cd player. Played the FUCK out of this one

same

Shit can't listen to this one too often.
Hits too fucking hard.

what? this thread is subjective more than ever... its our own personal most played album. There's no "true" choice

The funny thing is, I don't even like this album that much.
But I can never get bored of it.

There are many better albums, like this one for example.

I know most people don't really like this one, but I replayed this one ALOT

What do you like about this one so much then?

>mother fucking philip glass
>think he has the right to say a single thing
mass replies like this should be b& offense here desu

I totally agree!!! What a nice thing.

When I first started getting into "different" music, flying lotus was one of the first that I came across. Then this album dropped soon after, so it was the first flylo album i heard in full (i didnt hear cosmogramma till later. id say cosmo is his best now tho). I really just loved the atmosphere of the album. It's lounge-y while somehow having this "forest" feel (prolly just me)... The title track into 'dmt song' then 'nightcaller' then 'only if you wanna' is my favorite part of the whole album. One of my favs of any album. For sure a night time album.

powerslave

is this supposed to be moving or did those few acid tips while i played this fuck the cover up forever

both