rateyourmusic.com/release/album/robbie-basho/live-in-forli-italy-1982/
youtube.com/watch?v=gZ9Gkg_tado
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/hong_chulki_jin_sangtae_kevin_parks/音影/
youtube.com/watch?v=9vQaVIoEjOM
erictaxxon.bandcamp.com/album/paul
studentenfunk-regensburg.de/live
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You forgot the OP pasta:

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

no i didn't.

@accel my rec is uhh

eldridge skell's rude staircase - sookie jump

w o w

Paging Unnamed Trip, gimme your best recc for final round

How do you even find these obscure albums that happen to be very great

no

Good lord with the fucking slowcore and postpunk :/ ugh

then listen to the postcore instead

I'd rather DIE.

What's postcore?

Who's Dom? by Can I Get the Fuckin', Like, Yeah the, Umm

jfc -_-

I wish I could forget the OP pasta.

get on that gy!be joint rn

Fuck no

i m the true tastemaker

>Want Nanban Torai in FLAC to satisfy my autism
>The only guy who has it has a queue of 5000
oh

lings so long ya be like :0

rateyurmusic.com/&%&%&6&6&&6%%_£&££6&$6£££%6-6-&%&@6£&%&6£6&%&6&6&6&&£%&%&--6-&-

hey whats up /daily/
as the few of you who met me for the first time yesterday may know, ive been slowly making my way through the back catalogs of anthony braxton and john zorn. as both of these composers have HUGE discographies, im just going to be setting baby goals; that way it will feel like less of a chore
included in this chart are the first batch of records that i picked from both of these artists, as well as a few other miscellaneous releases that im interested in listening to and to keep things fresh

I think you're the first poster to do rating out of 10 with decimals, noice. You're gonna do everything Zorn ever did? Have you heard any Naked City yet?

uh those are good genres
>100 point rating scale
meme

yeah ive heard most of john zorns stuff but theres still a considerable amount of things i havent heard
only reason im doing 100 point scale is because single numbers by themselves look weird on the chart; its for aesthetics mainly

go vegan

Was there someone here who was obsessed with Casiopea? Listening to something of theirs now and it's fun

>giving up cheese
lel never

Mark And, you might like this, reminds me of Sunshower without vocals
m.youtube.com/watch?v=6GEI3PpXEAo

>Melt-banana - Cell-scape
It's cool, really liked the guitarist who's obviously a big fan of Tom Morello. Thee rest of the band are alright and 1 or 2 songs are kinda bad but overall it's good, the fun effects stuff on the guitar makes it. 3.5/5

>Comus - First Utterance
Fuck me did I not enjoy this. Gryphon but they're singing about rape. It's not completely irredeemable, a couple parts are nice but it's just so boring, I don't know what everyone is talking about when they say the atmosphere is great. Only the lyrics provide any atmosphere and even then they're not consistently good. It is just prog folk with a bit of tribal influenced drumming. Every song lasts far too long, I was begging for it to finish. I can't understand why absolutely everyone in here likes or loves it. 2-/5

>comus a 2

80 tokens
fuark yes brah

i tried, i really did....... but i cant handle yall's EAI shiiiet!

gob's four hour thrash metal album actually shreds. this one guy can really pull off some solid cheesy riffs, program a drum machine, and ramble about anything that has to deal with god and killing infidels and is at least 1000 years old! i have a lot of love for cheesy and/or good thrash metal so gob got lucky. it would be a lot better if he'd cut out about an hour or two off of this, but i didn't really care much about the length since i did tackle it a bit slowly.

cunt has highest score, so he gets to pick the category for next round, and he has chosen:

>2017!
pick an album from the "stuff i want to listen to" from the following list:

rateyourmusic.com/list/yamir/2017-music-gets-worse-again/

be prepared to provide a download link if you pick something that isn't available via my sources... bet you wish you'd suggested some albums for this list when i asked for them!

>comus a 2-
>It is just prog folk with a bit of tribal influenced drumming.
i... i think i need to take a break for a while.... usually i dont care at all for anything daily has to say about anything but this really activated my almonds

Bread's dead, baby.

imma cheat
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/robbie-basho/live-in-forli-italy-1982/

yeah I'm gonna say the uhhhh
Art Blakey tribute EP

yer gonna get outscored by transgod, ur toast

>It is just prog folk with a bit of tribal influenced drumming
literally the most accurate review written on this album other than perhaps the one saying this is scooby doo music

Really though, what does set it apart for you?

hit that dadawah joint
>a couple parts are nice but it's so boring
...what
diana is a 10/10 song tho
eai is a big ol meme

I'm not a hater, I can respect this Comus opinion. Prog stuff very often straddles this fine line between cool and stupid. I do like First Utterance, but I also see how others find it silly.

Mark And won last round with Public Image.

>blapp vs woolite

The cover art I think best represents Bowery Electric. Cold, industrial, but still underlying charming. The very first song just lures you in with a tight groove and bassline, and whispered vocals. The overall blend of trip hop grooves with dirgy basslines, and shoegazey ambient textures is solid. I generally could imagine some mysterious night-time drives with this kind of music. The way the bassline and drum grooves commandeer the majority of the tracks is also interesting, how all the surrounding elements can somewhat decay around it, in a very nice way, of course. In some ways, the tracks play with the idea of volume, rarely does the album ever "burst", almost like a bubble that may never pop. Best way to describe this album is like the more somber and less celebratory cousin of My Bloody Valentine's Soon. Groovy and hazy. And like you're encased in a cement of sorts. Highlights: Beat, Fear Of Flying, Black Light, Inside Out, Postscript, Low Density. (3.5/5)

Clube da Esquina is a very lovely album, and probably one of my favorites from MPB and Bossa Nova in general, so I was definitely excited to hear what Lo Borges had to offer in terms of solo material. I really like what is offered here. In some aspects, a lot of the songs are more groovier than Clube, nice and cozy, too. My problem is that for all of the groove and songwriting, I wish the songs weren't so short, and cut off, fade out so quickly. Many of the songs are just so quick and barebone that you wish they didn't fly over your head quick, especially since in some cases, it can certainly feel like the lavish production of the tracks was merely throwaway. Highlights: Fio da Navalha, Calibre, everything after Nao Se Apague Esta Noite. (3/5)

Blapp, you can advance again. I swear you're reading my mind.

Spots are still empty in one tourney. If you select an album, you could suggest a new album for the pile to use for a future tourney. ;-)

>Comus
>2

BACK TO MISSOULA

Just 8 to go, really want to clear this so I can start with a 201Xs chart to catch up
anyway

>Saturday Looks Good to Me - All Your Summer Songs
>Twee pop
3.5+
The title Meet Me by the Water is no joke, you can easily drown in the sound of this record. It's a twee pop record, but forget what you know about twee because this goes deeper, psychedelic influences and wall of sound going on that make this reminiscent of records from the 60s. Always accompained by great instrumentation that ranges from saxophones, trumpet, violin, cello, organ and lots more, and the best thing is that it all sounds so genuine.
Favorite tracks: Meet Me by the Water, Ambulance, Ultimate Stars

>Alice Coltrane - World Galaxy
>Spiritual jazz
4+
In my mind Alice Coltrane stands out as one of the most concistent musicians I've had the pleasure to listen. In this album she really took the spiritual thing to a whole new level, the takes on his husband pieces are the closest to jazz you'll get in this record and they don't dissapoint, while the "Galaxy" pieces in the middle move in other terrains. I mean the "galaxy" is in their title for a reason, this really takes you to places out of this world.
Favorite tracks: Galaxy in Turiya, Galaxy In Satchidananda, A Love Supreme

Wrong unnamed trip >:(

what was that about trips?

>Says Crosseyed and Painless is bad

u w8 m8

Their trip name is literally "unnamed trip", they aren't actually unnamed like

fuck me
youtube.com/watch?v=gZ9Gkg_tado

>says crosseyed and painless is bad
>thinks they can have an opinion on anything

I disagree with your Comus opinion, however I still respect you as a person.

will be doing a chart on the PAN label along with my backlog chart on the side, once i finish the contest and the respective prize drones

is this talking heads

>Every song lasts far too long
oh no

At the simplest level, I liked the album for the singing + lyrics + catchiness, which was surprising for me since i normally don't like prog

>is this talking heads
basically

>Aburadako - Ki-Ban

Not much to say here honestly. I fuck with the riffs pretty much across the board but the vocals aren't stimulating at all, and the instrumentals, despite the nice guitar work, aren't nearly interesting enough to sit through even a half hour of. It didn't quite get to the point of being boring thanks to it's short run time, but it doesn't hold up against other Japanese hardcore bands. I like the noisiness and the energy it brings, but I wish it was more interesting and ran more with the art punk aspects. I liked their first EP though, so I'll probably continue with their discography

What'd you think about that Holy Wave record? I've had my eye on it but your rating isn't selling me

Oh yea and someone told me to listen to that Royal Trux record next and I did, but I need some time to digest if you know what I mean. Sweet Jesus that record. I like the laser beam synth on the first track. That's the only opinion I'm certain on as of now

here's what I first write about it:
I have a problem with contemporary psych rock, it has to do with that most of the time it's just forgettable, the same sounds over and over, few bands actually making the cut. That makes me approach these albums not expecting much.
This Holy Wave album is actually different sometimes, and that's because it doesn't seem like they take themselves too seriously.
The longer tracks are the interesting part of this album while the short ones are examples of the "forgettable" stuff I said previously.

I just ratted out Hampus to the RIAA

shesh

new laurel halo is really reallly good

I'm listening to it right now actually. I've listened to it a few times already, but I think I'm liking it more and more with each listen. Initially, I wasn't crazy about it because it didn't seem very cohesive especially with those sub two minute tracks. However Jelly and Moontalk are super solid. I've listened to Jelly probably about 50 times since the single was released.

Listening to this atm. Pretty great actually, especially for something that was free improv.

Better than Quarantine? Also is Chance Of Rain good?

still chuggin thru
also i changed the rating system from 100 points since 10 point rating system is way simpler
>Anthony Braxton - Creative Orchestra Music 1976
some of his less interesting work, the first half starts off with a bang and then transitions to some really interesting soundscape-y pieces, not his most experimental but still interesting nonetheless. unfortunately theres some really boring generic standard fare which ruins it a little bit

Depends on what you liked from Quarantine. I like Quarantine more because its more personal, and I love her vocals and lyrics. The aesthetic is similar in Dust in that everything sounds suspended in midair, but it's jazzier and more sound collage-y than Quarantine which is firmly rooted in IDM.

You'll like Chance of Rain if you dislike her vocals because its fully instrumental. It's straight techno. Good but lacking the unique qualities of her other material imo.

Guerilla Toss is cool, haven't listened to the new album yet

Thanks a load for all of the recs you guys gave me in the last thread. On The Silver Globe looks fascinating.

Also I have Baked Baby Jesus on dvd. It's a real doozy.

do u want more rec

sure

feed my gluttony

condor moments - and though we're told we've got it all...
eldridge skell's rude staircase - sookie jump
jane siberry - the walking

these r based on your liking of blue gene tyranny cause i like that album a lot too

thoughts on dadawah?
ill swipe that public strain

Blanket Warm was cozy, pretty much what you'd expect from the title and cover (with fuller instrumentation).
a d w a was alright, I don't listen to enough wonky to know if it's actually good or not though.

Oh boy oh boy. What album do you want to suggest to the pile?

loved it, the percussion was fantastic and i loved how ambient it was
vocals seemed a little indulgent at times but i suppose thats how it is with reggae

Opened up an old laptop for the first time in like 2 years and found some Sup Forums charts from forever ago

how's my 16 year old self's taste?

how we been boys

btw Borzoi is 100% right. Once in a Lifetime is by far the worst song on Remain in Light, but it's really not that bad. It's definitely the worst though.

a little man and a house is the best album ever so ur good

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/hong_chulki_jin_sangtae_kevin_parks/音影/

wtf why did no one tell me danse manatee was so good

Captain Beefheart - Safe As Milk
Essential 1967 core. Great blues rock and a tinge of experimentalism. Showcases Beefheart’s great vocal range.
4+

Captain Beefheart - Strictly Personal
The first Beefheart album to feature drummer Drumbo (John French), whose tom heavy beats and jazz influenced cymbal accentuation help to foster a more interesting compositional side to Beefheart’s arrangements (was that pretentious or what?). Many more parts with syncopation and a slow move away from pentatonics, more dynamic songwriting. This album, compositionally, is on level with Safe As Milk easily. The production is certainly… something, the largest flaw with the album. Partially a byproduct of marketing and partially due to Beefheart’s failing relationship with his record label (He would move to Zappa’s label Straight for the recording of Trout Mask Replica, and portions of the sessions that created Strictly Personal would be released as Mirror Man, which was mastered by the same Bob Krasnow who (co)produced both Safe As Milk and Strictly Personal). Also if people are willing to call TVU (proto) noise rock then “Kandy Korn” might deserve some of that spotlight as well, although the noisy quality could realistically just be from the horrendous audio quality and mastering, I think it features some reversed cymbals but it’s difficult to tell (I listened to the earlier version from the Safe As Milk sessions, it's a fairly standard Beefheart song, a mix of the heavily featured cymbals and singing through the production give it a droning quality).
4-

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
youtube.com/watch?v=9vQaVIoEjOM (anyone hear the new Public Enemy album yet?)
4-

The Beach Boys - Smiley Smile
Good Vibrations sans Mike love. I like the stripped down approach, more of a band effort. I don’t like how the singing Beach Boy pronounces vegetables. Little Pad's a nice song. Neat eraly synthesizers.

Ok I'm just retarded, I forgot you already gave me your recc.

On to the finals

New Eric album

It's bloopy poppy booby ploppy

maybe i should try listening to a cardiacs album since theyre commies apparently and i like that but im also not sure if i'd actually like it since the few cardiacs songs ive heard havent made a great impression. what do

heres a stock photo of an rhino

thanks for the phoot.

why hesitate, scared you'll like it?

public strain

henlo gayly
Still alive

Forgot I had a tourney
gonna do that and finish it

Score update

Been reading Infinite Jest
600 pages in, boy bout to do it

finish it!!!

looks familiar, aren't you from lower manhattan?

Looking for Rudi, owes me a rec

>tfw my gf likes zero things from that chart
Yeah whatever she's still thicc anyway

he roskildeing you'll prob have to wait a while

Heyo, still working on the tourney but i'm just going to drop in to shill my new album

Reviews appreciated

Been a long time since I posted in one of these.

How yall doing??

studentenfunk-regensburg.de/live
theme for this week: guilty pleasure
so business as usual

i find you silly desu senpai

Rec is Absolutely Free

heh I guess silly is better than bein a lil bitch innit?

Fuck yes I'm hyped for this showdown

why is elvis costello coming up when i limit to artists from japan on rym i cannot find an explanation