When was the last time a film really affected you?

when was the last time a film really affected you?
Not just "oh wow that was an enjoyable flick" but really stuck with you, tugged at your heartstrings and left you dwelling on it for days afterward ?

even if its lame, youre safe here

Interstellar

But I think another reason I loved it so much was because it was the first film I went to see with a girl I just started falling in love with

I'm not even a pedo

my dad had just died and I was numb throughout the whole thing, couldn't even cry about it which made me feel like garbage so I watched this hoping it would invoke some feels and get me to let it out
it worked

come to think of it, my dad is getting up there. I should probably give him a call

End of Evangelion

I watched it a few days ago and still cant get it out of my head. Reminded me why I love watching movies after a sea of dead ass unoriginal blockbusters from jewwood this past year. Great story, great cast and acting, I actually gave a damn about what was happening and it gave you life lessons without beating you over the head with it
It was also A LOT let pretentious then the fault in our stars

A serious man made me realize how shit my life is and the absurdity of everything.

i haven't been the same since. fuck my life

I really want to watch all the movies they made, they honestly look great

this, along with NGE

Pic related.

I feel like a faggot posting this, but this film's payoff was really great.

pls no bully

I watched it on tv yesterday after having not seen it in years ( I used to really like it so I figured why not) and it brought up some old feels
teenage love, nostalgia of the early 2000s, remembering when I was 16 and life was sort of easier. I mean its just a Disney movie but I really enjoyed it, and its whole plot of dealing with life and death and growing up
also prime alexis bledel

>I feel like a faggot posting this

Don't. The whole idea of guilty pleasure is stupid and dishonest. Never be apologetic about liking what you like.

Forgot to add that I would have cried were it for me being not dead inside

forgot the pic

except for furry shit and mlp

I liked it too user, dont worry
>tfw the girls I hang out with demanded we see it in theaters
>I pretend to be disinterested but im was secretly hyped
It was either that or some capeshit that they were playing and I really enjoyed it

fuck I havent seen this movie since high school
>tfw alexis never got JUST'd and ended up normal

agreed

This movie is the reason I made myself a tupla and the reason I'm not alone anymore. I'm so glad that I watched this movie, god knows where i would be without it.

This movie made me realize how self obsessed I am.

vanilla sky fucked with my head when I was a teenager, I remember watching it with my family then sitting downstairs after they went to bed feelig like I was going nuts

Pretty much this. Thought I was pretty desensitized to gore and violence but the whole skinning alive scene really fucked me up for a day or two.

Pure feelskino

>mfw I watched the first season of MLP to see what the fuss was about

It was actually ok. I would say it's nearly on par with the classic Cartoon Network shit. No where near worth the obsessive fan base, but it's no where near as shit as I would have expected either.

>Captcha was palm trees

>the prunes of rath
>raging bullshit
>49th parallelogram
>death in tennis
>eyes wide butt
>the last crusade
>ate 1/2 (of my lunch)
>anatomy of a burger
>pitssburgh hi squats
>rear wind
>senior citizen kane
>second (helpings of dinner)
>UM
>My best actor is also a DANGEORUS LUNATIC
>crouching house cat hidden house cat
>the 400 bros
>the lady mannishness
>breathe less
>yellow submarine sandwich
>the janitor of oz
>scabface
>the seven seals
>the battle of all deer
>monorash
>its a punderful life
>harry, old and mod
the last crustacean of Christ
>wages for beer
>nose ferret 2: a symphony of horror
>the fake tricks
>rosemary baby carrots
>dont look now, because a creepy ass dwarf is about to kill you
>2:48 PM cowboy
>Um
>My best actor is also a dangerous lunatic
>My dinner with andre the giant
>ZZZ
>cant tempt
the rad shoes
>grumpy cul de sacs
>La Gilelia
>the turd man
>gone with my wind
>a billions years of solitude

BvS

why did you do this

fucking fund them, all of them
jesus christ a bunch of kids can come up with more original fake ideas for a one second joke in a movie then real people in the movie industry can for real

>random titles
>ideas

user pls

Does it count if I only thought of it after seeing it because people keep trolling with it on the 4chans?

I saw Taxi Driver about 3 months ago and felt it was one of the only times I really resonated with a character. Although that's probably a bad sign.

It is

What can I say. I watched it a year or so after having lived in Japan myself and having a brief fling. I still think about this movie.

>when this movie reminds you of your gf and all her friends taking 2 hours to make sure they've not got any nosehairs showing

Tropa de Elite disturbed me. It was towards the end. I don't even know why, I've seen way way worse than this.

I'm so autistic I literally don't watch movies for characters or dialogue because I can't relate at all.

A character driven movie is totally boring to me unless it's well directed.

I literally could not care less

Gone Girl
>that sister that's with you through thick and thin
Got me right in the fucking feels
Especially that ending when she's crying for him

You should get into silent film

>tfw big pussy and get misty eyed at basically any sad scene in media

Margaret, OJ: Made In America, Magic Mike XXL.

Those three I suppose, of which XXL is my favorite (and probably one of my all time favorites). Just pure FUN and ENERGY combined to images/sounds, to dance and music and adventure.

I know Sup Forums hated this movie but here me out, i dont think its without flaws but it was beautifully shot and im a sucker for love stories or period pieces. One mans life adventure through the ages, shot beautifully (fuck you I thought it was). Gave me a bit of carpe diem feeling

>carpe diem feeling
for me it was the dead poets society that did that. Being young and not knowing what I wanted to do with my life it gave me the push to at least do something and seize the day
>tfw I still get chills at the ending
>and neils death

>my younger brother was leaving to go to college like andy
>mom and dad are sad about it, but know its time
>I never went, stuck with the family business and helped my dad
>watched this and realized im literally stuck in the past doing this and its time to grow up and move on myself
>I start school in two weeks and im scared shitless

Good luck user, how old are you?

27, going to be 28 by the time school starts

Man, it's going to be strange being in classes with 18 years olds. I'm 26 and feel completely disconnected from kids that age. What do you want to study?

I know it's a memeflick, but Gattaca I thought dealt with some really interesting themes on genetics and the manipulation thereof, and people being selected based mainly on the qualities given to them at birth, and made me think of the future as our scientific development allows us to "play god" more and more

Man I failed my uni application fourth time in a row and just want to fucking kill myself to be quite honest with you. Have to live in a city I hate for another year before new applications/tests.

This shit's gonna be the end of me

gen ed stuff right now to get my foot in the door, I have a list of courses I want to take and hopefully will narrow them down w=once I get there

maybe look at another school? I coudnt get into my first pick but I went to a community college and it helped

Good plan, hope it goes well for you dude

For me it was the little prince last week.

>tfw grew up to be one of the villains from that story

Let me preface this by saying I'm an insufferable, pretentious faggot.

But the imagery of this film is just too fucking good.

thor 2

Nothing else really interests me, I wanted to be something else at first anyways, but life happened and now my body is in a bad shape. Can't find it in me forcing to study something that sparks nothing inside me.

Scent of a Woman it was on HBO two nights ago

Drive
Pls don't bully ;_;

I sort of connected how he would react when he sees the woman he likes.
Not to sound desperate

He was a tragic hero and didn't get the girl at the end and the music was really good; the movie dragged quite a bit but it could've been cut by 10-20 mins

>Feel disconnected
That's how I felt when I went to uni but I realized it's basically highschool so we're not really missing out

Everyone took advantage of her and no one helped her, she was an amazing singer and her death was so avoidable

yeah, we'll just have to see. Its a nice, nervous excitement I have right now which I havent felt in years

I was the same, I only went back because I needed to explore new careers that I hadnt even thought of. You dont need school for it, but it helps and even a Bullshit degree is better than nothing
You do what you want though man, im just saying I felt the same and as much pointless shit and im going to have to deal with the next few years its better then the nothing I had waiting for me at home

Fuck, this was like the Cobain doc but much worse

as much as I love driveposting it was a really good movie
for me it was this though, it ruined me

Guess that's an option but it'd mean dumping my dream away and I don't really know if I can do that.

What are you going to study now?

Eh, I had fun in university for the most part, but now for my job I deal with kids that age every day and they all seem completely vapid and devoid of any common sense. I don't feel like I was that stupid eight years ago.

>watch saving private ryan when im 12 because lol awesome war movie guns and violence and Normandy XD
>skip through most of the dialogue just to get to the action scenes
>rewatch it years later when im older
>Now I appreciate its meaning of how fucked up and scary war is, how all those soldiers are just scared and dont want to be there
>had to pause wade's death and walk away for a minute

Allegro non troppo, but only because I was on mushrooms and it depressed the fuck out of me later on.
If that doesn't count, I'd say either Dead Man's Letters or Threads.

her and birdman really gave me feeling like that

this one had me kinda depressed for a day or two

Even thinking about it affects me.

It had an impression on me before. Yet, it was this last time that I watched in the context of not being able to make a connection with a woman since my last relationship ended 2 years ago.

I believe that why I have difficulty is because I'm odd and filled with anxiety in social situations. Therefore, seeing Barry meet a woman as odd as him and excepting of his intricacies, it fills me hope that I one day will have that strange yet pure love in my life.

Tree of Life and The Thin Red Line. I enjoyed watching them but it took a couple days to really digest them and to love them

A true masterpiece. been stuck in my head for weeks now.

Into the Wild

Before that Midnight in Paris made me less of an "le my generation six xDdD" type.

>falling for roasties

>ancient folktale about a giant who had lost his love and filled an ocean with his tears
>was an allegory for their father

Felt it right in my chest cavity, senpai.

Watched this recently, can't say it tugged on the heartstrings but damn did it leave an impression. Haven't been able to stop thinking about it and will give it a rewatch soon since I'm sure there's a lot I missed

I am completely dead inside and can't even begin to hope to feel things like these, I'm 30 years old and I think that ship sailed for me.

lars and the real girl

Can't handle the feels.
Type of movie I love but can't bring myself to watch more than once.

Damn that sucks hope it doesn't give you that much stress.
I understand cos being in that group age as well, I know how these guys act.
Itll take some time till everything matures out.

What's your job if you don't mind me asking

Like I said, gen eds for now because ive been out of the circulum for so long. Id like some kind of science degree. Not like medicine but maybe something with animals or zoology. Maybe something with an art minor too, like media or communications. IDK theres a list I have to work with that im going to look into , I just need something else

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Take away that stupid CGI fight dream sequence and tone down the eHarmony framing and it would be a pure 10/10. Fucking great soundtrack. It haunted me to shit as I was made redundant from work and thanks to a crippling illness I'll never be able to work again.
Or realize any of my ambitions, like travel, or do anything considered normal. But I looked at what I do have, rather than the things I don't and take stock of them every day and remind myself I should be thankful of their presence. And I am.
It gave me perspective on my life and I've never been the same since..

This, especially considering his death was very recent too when I watched it.

should I just look at the tulpa chan or could you tell me your guide? I am afraid these kind of things might not work for me.

I read the book and liked it
I saw the movie and also liked it.
Im such a teenage girl with this shit but I like what I like

Hey, that is the age range of Barry and Rita in the movie. Hang in there, bud. Don't let that ship sail unless you are happy to steer it.

anyone who has seen this movie knows this is some powerful stuff.

same. Take away the hipster/artsy shit and its a beautiful movie. Made me want to vacation and travel more and go on an adventure

dat ending tho....made me pucker up my asshole real tight

Was pretty annoying stuff, just way edgier Nolan film

Pusher 2

Pixote (didn't feel much while watching it, but couldn't stop thinking about it afterward)
Decalogue I
Invasion of the Body Snatchers

No, that movie is perfect as it is shut up