ITT: albums that people think are classic but are actually wack

lol

i agree, except for Respiration and Thieves in the Night. Definition is pretty good too

Couldn't disagree more

donuts. actually any "classic" hip hop album that isn't endtroducing

yeah wellllllllllllll you're probably from maine

kweli raps like:
"my mom owns a bookstore... superfluous conjunction function surface wordsmith dervish jerk chicken sandwich goat herd marakesh nerdist."

mos def is all the way wack too

Thank you. Donuts is the epitome of an album that received classic status simply because the artist died.

I'm 27 now, and just when I thought I would grow out of it, I happen to enjoy it the most.
Everything is just, so intricate and raw, there's nothing like it. The looping may throw off the traditional music enthusiast, but RZA, Tru Master and 4th Disciple truly poured their heart into it and created a soundset that is so unique, you'd have to be crazy to think its wack.

The beats are the only good part of it.

it's very transparent. donuts is "the" hip hop album everyone claims to like, yet apparently most of the drones don't actually like dilla enough to listen to his other shit (of which there is a lot) or slum village. pete rock is much, much better

The lyrics are really good, and GZA's perfomances are on point most of the time as well.

you can't tell me people don't do the same thing with dj shadow though

people listened to his other albums (look at how they charted), they just don't like them because they're not as good. plus unkle were much more popular than slum village

>But muh lyricism!
Having a large vocabulary and complex rhymes isn't an excuse for being a terrible rapper with less personality than Ma$e, 21 Savage, and Big Sean combined. In fact, the only thing that makes Liquid Memes worth listening is RZA's production, which is at his finest. Fuck, the best song (B.I.B.L.E.) doesn't even have GZA on it.

Not wack, but not also a classic.

I don't like it but it is thight. I can see why it is rated so highly.

I don't listen to Radiohead so I have no idea.

>Ma$e

Mase is good tho. Entertaining af.

Wrong bitch
Agree

>B.I.B.L.E. is the best song
Obvious trolling, move on everyone

>you a whole bitch too

5/10 for me...

Not as good as 36 chambers but it's been growing on me

For me, it's pic related. I love both doom and madlib but I can't even listen to this shit.

Just because I have a different opinion doesn't mean I'm trolling you fucking Wu-Tang stan.

Oh, you're so wrong.

Fight me motherfucker

Holy shit you're back

there's more than one

fuck your label we're gonna fuck you up irl

all memes aside, fuck you

what

This

all day

Is something else from DOOM a classic in your opinion or do you think that he's just overall overrated?

6.5/10

yea, I don't think you know what it's like to chop up a sample

go back to bed, bones.

because dilla is all about the chops right?

what time is it in nyc?

and as usual she runs away

>calls names and runs away
idgaf at all you'll never know or get even close
facts

nicknames for mob mind boring cliques of people

literally two of the best hiphop albums

how the fuck are these wack

i like madvillainy a bit

blackstar sucks

this
i also hate mos def

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Modern rap music like Migos and future shits all over this olddated crap so I pretty much agree with everything that's been said in this thread.

>migos
>future

asshole

i hope you are enjoying this it's what you asked for and wanted

you going to post about this on your social media so you can have your playdate adult tea party with your forgettable friends?

LOL if you think I care at all

literally vanished too
>everytime an asshole