youtube.com/watch?v=PznnQ9nhWFU

Bangarang (ft MC Ride)

unravel

I wanna see this bitch go to hell.

It's Oh So Quiet

Oblivion

i want this bitch to go to hell with MC Ride

Birthday w/ the Sugarcubes, unironically

Hyperballad or Pagan Poetry, can't choose.

unison

Dean Martin - Return to Me

why are grimes fans so fucking insecure and bitter that they have to make every female artist thread about themselves?

anyway this is mine, if you haven't heard it yet, you're in for a treat
youtube.com/watch?v=Yhk3Z5qIOWI

>implying that Grimes is good

mah nigga
also Motorcrash

I re-discovered this song the other day actually, I love it now.

Bjork's b-sides are really underrated, Charlene, So Broken and all her Vespertine b-sides are great.

Because if Grimes isn't somehow unique, she has no identity. Her fans are genuinely shocked and hurt to find out her predecessors were more gifted.

Pluto

Motorcrash ftw. Also, she is super-cute in the video:

youtube.com/watch?v=vz9WNOkVTWo

I like motorcrash more

bullshit nigger you will listen to grimes and you will like it

Holland (Latent)
Birthday
Fucking in Rhythm & Sorrow
Dream TV
Walkabout
Big Time Sensuality (The Fluke Minimix)
Come to Me
Hyperballad
The Modern Things
Jóga
All Neon Like
All Is Full of Love
I've Seen It All
Pagan Poetry
Unison
Desired Constellation

youtube.com/watch?v=H_nbCgW0JIo

youtube.com/watch?v=mNoo_rNZQ84

How can a bass line so simple be so good? Joga and The Anchor Song are also among my favorites.

bachelorette

Like Someone in Love

stonemilker, Hyperballad

Who's hyped for her upcoming, apparently upbeat, happy album? She said it's going to be finished in Autumn so hopefully it comes out this year.

Bjork will never surpass this magnificent tune.
/thread

I've Seen It All w/ Thom Yorke

>Because if Grimes isn't somehow unique, she has no identity.
How wrong could you be?

>Grimes, a singer, songwriter, artist, sound engineer, and possibly a different species than human, is a person and a genre of her own. Listen to any of her songs, and you’ll soon understand what I’m talking about. Her music style can be described as electro-pop, with her vocals ethereally shining through. Even Grimes’ style, a combination of streetwear and modern goth, is uniquely and boldly her own, and it’s highly doubtful that you’ll find another person remotely like her on Earth.

>And that’s exactly her charm. Starting her life in Canada as Claire Boucher, she took on a normal existence but soon undertook Grimes, her alter ego. She even studied neuroscience in college while taking on the responsibility of touring, even though it eventually got her unenrolled. Ever since then, she’s been creating, touring, and following who she wants to be. Judging by her 779,000 Instagram followers, nominations for multiple prestigious awards, and shooting for campaigns like Alexander Wang, she’s done exactly that.

>If her accomplishments in the recent years aren’t enough to make you look twice, you’re missing out on her true, and most impressive strength. Her success and following only prove how she turned what her weaknesses, such as lack of support and equipment due to being signed to an independent label, into a strong fan base with collaborations with artists such as Janelle Monae. Grimes’ visual style is somewhat of a mosh pit between comic-style sketches and gothic dystopian influences. She created her own look, her own sound, and she ran with it.

Deal with it.

>it only took around 40 minutes for the grimesfags to shit up the thread
not surprised at all

k

VENUS AS A BOY

We can't have a Bjork or Kate Bush thread without someone mentioning Grimes, kind of sad. It's not like Bjork or Kate Bush fans derail every Grimes thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=ykaj8oZkIeM

I wish there were more bjork songs with the harp

youtube.com/watch?v=9PEybjgUj6U

If you're not surprised then it means you're already accustomed to that. Why do you whine, tho?

>making an obvious observation to show how shitty the situation has gotten = whining
are all grimesfags this dumb?

yes.

Because it happens all the time.

understandable

youtube.com/watch?v=f0d5VQ_HHGI

Underrated album

I am :)

notget

Good choice

I was gonna post this
Medulla my favourite album

>It's not like Bjork or Kate Bush fans derail every Grimes thread.
Good joke. See this: >We can't have a Bjork or Kate Bush thread without someone mentioning Grimes
Because she's the new Kate and new Bjork, simple as that. Get with the times, grandpas.

Let's admit for the sake of the argument that they're indeed this dumb. Now what? What are you going to do about it? Whine, cry, hit your head against the wall, what? Also why would you insult disabled people like a cruel twat?

But you already expect that and you get that. So?

Top Two from first 4 albums
>Debut
Venus as a Boy
Like Someone in Love
>Post
Enjoy
Possibly Maybe
>Homogenic
Joga
Alarm Call
>Vespertine
An Echo, A Stain
Heirloom

P L U T O
L
U
T
O

Okay, that's one example. Nearly every Bjork thread one of you come in and mention Grimes, it's constant, we get you think she's the new Kate Bush or Bjork, why do you have to keep repeating yourselves?

You have to admit that the new Kate Bush is probably Bat for Lashes if you're being honest. Grimes isn't really similar at all to Kate Bush, and I don't remember her citing her as an influence (correct me if I'm wrong).

Meanwhile Bat for Lashes:

1) is British
2) is a huge Kate Bush fan
3) talked about Kate Bush in the most recent Kate Bush documentary
4) is into pagan/wiccan/magick shit like Kate Bush
5) does weird concept albums like Kate Bush that are about shit like sex and the phases of the moon

Soley is probably the new Bjork. Maybe Arca.

I mean, do you want Grimes to be "the new ______," anyway? Isn't like her supposed uniqueness like a big part of her appeal?

Hello there fellow patrician

BFL is good but her latest album was disappoining. And unlike Grimes and Kate she didn't produce her albums. But aesthetically Natasha is more similar to Kate than Claire.

>Soley is probably the new Bjork. Maybe Arca.
Not really. Grimes has these things in common with Bjork: weird voice, fashion sense, synth based music, diverse music taste, genuine quirky personality, super loyal fanbases, huge critical acclaim, wild live shows.

>I mean, do you want Grimes to be "the new ______," anyway? Isn't like her supposed uniqueness like a big part of her appeal?
It's more like a game, tbch. We all know she's one of a kind. Even her haters struggle to find similar songs/artists to her.

Hunter or Come to Me

I want an entire album of hunter, I can't get over how genius it is

I like her music, but I feel like her videos are always trying to hard to be weird

Pagan Poetry

All of them.

if "synth based music", "critical acclaim", and "weird voice" are what you need to make an artist the new ____, then you're going to get a lot of new ____s

WTF are you talking about?

it's really easy to understand, and that joke pic related is unnecessary

Undo and Unison are Bjork's best songs. Simply divine.

if you meme it hard enough, maybe one day it'll become true....

Venus as a Boy

>joke pic related
Except it's a legit pic, not a joke.

yeah whatever you say bud

Except that Kate Bush and Björk were actually innovative.
Kate Bush was one of the first well-known artists to heavily utilize DAWs/samplers (such as the Fairlight CMI) and helped fuse progressive songwriting with digitized production.
Björk brought the innovations of the electronic underground to the mainstream and was a driving force behind the creation of glitch pop.
What exactly is Grimes doing right now that's innovative? She makes slightly quirky dance pop. That's kind of it.
Sorry for the salt, but I'm just not seeing it

Joga

>contrarians thinking they're patricians
lelmao

Unravel
Cocoon
Lionsong

>What exactly is Grimes doing right now that's innovative? She makes slightly quirky dance pop. That's kind of it.
Proof you didn't even listen to her music. Her style is not even dance pop, it's alternative synthpop. What is innovative about Grimes? This:

1. grimes did her own brand of synthpop that nobody else did it before.

2. she did everything in her art by herself: singing, songwriting, drawing the cover art, directing and editing her videos, producing, sound engineering.

3. she popularized the concept of a female producer. she wasn't the first one, but she's the first one who really pushed it to the masses. she's a role model for other females to start pursuing a career in producing.

4. her electic music taste is due the fact she's from the first generation of artists that grew up with the internet -> access to a huge quantity and variety of music. all that eclectic taste was reflected into her own wildly diverse music. her favorite artists list ranges from mariah carey to arvo paat, from outkast to skinny puppy.

5. she's the only female diy artist at her level of success. she succeeded while most diy artist failed.

Kate and Bjork were great on their time, but things changed: they sound dated and generic now. They were superseded by a superior artist like Grimes.

k

best post in this thread

I'm not the person you're replying to but only Debut sounds a bit dated, and it's not a huge factor for me. I love Grimes and she sounds current but what's to say none of her albums will sound dated in the future, doesn't mean I'll stop enjoying them. None of Bjork's albums are generic either.

Again, sorry if this sounds salty, but it seems like you basically found four different ways to say "she did it all herself" (plus one comment about her diverse influences). That makes her very talented, but I still don't see how what she's doing is that innovative in the musical sense
She is a strong artist, but I think she is "of her time", whereas many consider Bush and Björk to be "ahead of their time(s)"

samefag

this. she's good but nothing too innovative

Like Someone In Love

It's Not Up To You