Hey /b, life's pretty fucking intense right now. About 2 years ago I took a bunch of psychedelics in Australia...

Hey /b, life's pretty fucking intense right now. About 2 years ago I took a bunch of psychedelics in Australia, and haven't really tripped much since then, but ever since Sunday I've been looking at people's faces and their faces are distorted and they're talking about shit that's practically responses to my thoughts and shit's getting pretty intense. Is anyone else experiencing this right now, and how are you coping?

bamp

I've experienced it. Not enjoyable. Basically just had to ride it out, combined with a lot of self-reflection + existential philosophy.

Tell me more about yourself.

Congrats. You fucked yourself

Shit man, it's hardcore. I'm a kid who was just enjoying his normal life and science a lot then started looking into conspiracies and stuff, and that's where I got into spirituality. I went on a spirit quest and took a bunch of mushrooms & lsd then life started getting trippy. I held onto the stuff I saw in my trips pretty hard though, but now it's all shifting around and melting and stuff.
I'm probably going to shave my head and go do a vipassana retreat here in a few days just to try to get the psyche in the reins.

How'd it happen for you?

Was it LSD? LSD tends to give flashbacks even years after being taken. There isn't much you can do, just ride it out man.

Yeah, there was a bit of LSD involved, mostly mushrooms though.

ahhahahah you have to be kidding. that can not be OP.

Talk it out with a therapist. Us jackasses don't know how to help. I've been there, though. Haven't done psychedelics in a while, but sometimes it still looks like people have mouths instead of eyes and it feels like the universe is aware of my thoughts. Existential philosophy like mentions has helped in the past, but lately I've been trying to avoid staring directly into the sun. But talking it through with someone always helps. Therapists will generally be more supportive than your well-intentioned friends and family, though.

hahahahahaha for real man, I shit you not- shit's going nuts!

Why not? Same deal for me, more or less.

I appreciate it, I'm looking into therapy, I just wanted to see if this was some weird shit that was happening for a lot of people, or if I'm just tripping my balls off right now.

you're experiencing this crazyness too?

Haaha alright fair enough, your wording just sounded cliche', thought maybe someone was trying to take the piss.

It is a fairly common side-effect of psychedelic drug-use to have so called 'flashbacks', where you can visualise hallucinations in a similar way that you experience them when you're hallucinating, even though you are sober. For most people this isn't an intrinsically terrifying, or negative experience. For me it was, and it sounds as though it is for you.

Clearly however, you are having delusions as well - that people are 'responding to your thoughts', that is unhealthy, more or less... (whats healthy?)

The good news is that you're self-aware. You are not deluded in the sense that you believe you are jesus and wont listen to anyone telling you otherwise, which means that you are open to a whole range of solutions. You can go see a therapist, talk to your family, engage with philosophy. etc etc. Consider yourself lucky that you are still a sane human being, who is experiencing hallucinations. You have not lost yourself.

CONT.

Hahahahaha yeah man, there was a delusional phase, but at this point I'm just trying to touch back down to the planet. It's weird though, i was looking into philosophy and 50% of the stuff says to let it go and chill the fuck out, and the other 50% says to keep moving into this with caution 'cause it's an "awakening..."
*sigh*

CONT
I would recommend not taking any more psychedelic drugs, including cannabis, period. I drank a little bit during my experience to relieve stress, and that ties into my second point; don't do anything too drastic. You should be focusing on getting yourself back to 'normal', or comfortable, and making decisions from there. Shaving your head and going on a retreat? probably a bit extreme - how are you going to discern between whether you are still being effected by your drug-taking, if you haven't returned to a level of normality?

Focus on your health. Eat lots of fruit and veggies, exercise, meditate, and stay on top of your hallucinations. Write down what they are, when you experience them, how they make you feel, and seriously consider going to see a therapist about them.

Be careful about modern medicine however. I am in no way conspiratorial, however the modern-day solution to these experiences is anti-psychotic medications and anti-anxiety medications, prescribed immedietely. I believe this should be a last-resort for people who cant work through the problem, otherwise the psychological things that led you to this level of stress wont be fundementally overcome.

that being the case, i'm not a professional, and maybe that is what you need.
So you are no longer delusional? what kind of things are you experiencing? How old are you? Male or Female? how much drug-taking are we talking about? What did you mean by 'Spirit-quest'?

Solid advice.

I had similar experiences when I was on ecstasy, shit was intense and I ended up in the psychiatric hospital until I was stable again was the most surreal experience of my life

Gratitude amigo.
Mostly- shit's still weird and sometimes, like i stated earlier, it's like people are speaking to my thoughts which trips me out (so I'm getting into meditation to clear the mind so it can all just chill out)
In my peripherals i see people transforming a bit, people's faces look kind of like they're glowing a bit. I'm 23, Male, I took mushrooms about 3 times and LSD about 3 times as well as a mystery drug called Solaris over about a 9 month period.
Spirit quest: I went traveling, hitch hiking, and festivaling around Australia for 3 months, then India for 6 months just seeing what the world is about.

The language is difficult, most-people describe whats happening as an 'awakening', simply because they're never the same after their experience. And that's fine, because you do learn things from it. I am not the same, but i don't call it an 'awakening', because i think it has mystical connotations that make people overly frightened of whats happening. You've experienced a lot of shit from your drug-taking - you've seen things that don't make sense in the real world, and your brain is now processing that. An eye is still an eye on someones face, but you've seen eyes leaking out of four dimensional patterns, so is it really surprising that your brain is reminded of that when you see an eye? My point isn't to dilute whats happening, or to tell you not to focus on getting better, but to understand that you're equipped with the most powerful processor in the universe. Take a breath. Focus. and work on making yourself better, one step at a time, as best as you know how.

So much life/psychedelic/psychological experience crammed into a relatively young brain. Slow down and take a beat to ground yourself.

nnfff, with the dubs and all; I appreciate the insight.

take 7 ounces of indica
smoke it all yourself
buy 2 ounces extra to share,

Yeah... that'd probably be for the best. I definitely have a tendency to feel like I learned a lot, as such I have a fear of letting go of it :\

HAH, probably not

Your hallucinations don't sound too worrying to me (again, not an expert). Sounds like HPPD more than anything genuinely psychotic. You're not seeing 'entities', or 'shadow-people', or any other things following you or pursuing you, you're not having auditory hallucinations of something coercing you to do something or criticising you. They are the more worrying types of hallucinations and delusions. Have a little read for symptoms of Schizo-affective, Schizophrenic, Bi-polar disorder, derealisation and de-personalisation (critically of-course, i know we diagnose ourselves liberally), just to familiarize yourself between the kind of things that you should be genuinely concerned about, and things that are probably just side-effects of drug taking (HPPD)

Jesus how hard did you trip? The only flashbacks I've had are triggered by high contrast stuff like bright snow falling at night.

It definitely sometimes feels like the people transform and follow me, and I did have a dream I woke up from and saw some crazy shit after waking from the dream :| buuuuuut you know
I am having auditory hallucinations of things doing that too :\

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan i tripped harder than I ever thought was possible :\