Does it annoy anyone else that when weapons are not portrayed accurately? Grenades are not nuclear bombs

Does it annoy anyone else that when weapons are not portrayed accurately? Grenades are not nuclear bombs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EyLDr4Jf--M?
youtube.com/watch?v=uowzCtxyNkE
youtu.be/ChSazF41q-s?t=366
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That grenade might be

Maybe there was gas powered shit in that basement?

But yes I hate when weapons are portrayed wrong. More importantly I really hate that almost every TV show and movie uses the Weaver stance for pistol shooting when you see more of the Fighting stance or Isosceles stance in the real world. What's worse is the movie Weaver stance is so exaggerated.

fucking idiot

He's got a point.

Just be glad there isn't an overabundance of some meme stance like center axis relock in films and television.

Weaver stance is just cool. Deal with it bra.

Also as with all stage combat: the iscosceles stance covers the face and directors hate that so it has to be altered.

Same with archery with the bowstring drawn back to the chest rather than the eye.

As someone who's done my fair share of martial arts, shooting, fencing and archery it just gets to the point where you have to suspend your disbelief and appreciate silly stage combat as it's own skill and art.

Most of those things look pretty shit in action anyway.

yea the first time I saw a grenade go off irl I was severly disappointed after watching movie grenades.

also rpgs are for the most part unimpressive to watch.

Especially since they don't go swirling out of control after flying 50 feet, like in my shitty videogames.

weapons don't bother me as much as fucking technology.

damn near everyone has a fucking smartphone now. Those that don't have seen them countless times.

when the screen on someone's phone says TEXT FROM IMPORTANT CHARACTER (YES) (NO) everyone watching is cringing to some degree. I get that you're not allowed to use an existing OS design for copyright reasons but your graphical team could spend more than ten minutes on their mockup

Fuck

>As someone who's done my fair share of martial arts, shooting, fencing and archery

Sensei is that you?

He was in an amateur medical setup filled with oxygen tanks and who knows what else, I'm more in disbelief that the woman and child survived.

Yeah, I do. I'm the most dangerous weapon on earth and no film has depicted me at all.

Yet.

>protagonist throws fragmentation grenade
>Huge incendiary explosion

Has a grenade ever been accurately depicted in a movie of TV show? I literally can't think of one instance.

Chucky 3 Childs play, actually

Band of Brothers, The Pacific, Saving Private Ryan, etc

see

That's cheating.

They were in the containment area used to keep those vampire people from escaping, which was strong as fuck and completely air tight.

Its not completely far fetched they survived.

I didn't mind seeing it in John Wick. It is a very strange stance but different enough from the typical shit.

>Weaver stance is just cool

I mean, it works for looks I guess. It's a bit annoying that some movies who try to go for realism use the exaggerated Weaver though.

>Most of those things look pretty shit in action anyway.

I just saw True Detective Season 2 where the one dude Woodrugh used Fighter and it was pretty dope.

I just meant in general media, not necessarily I Am Legend. I guess that many oxygen tanks in such an enclosed space would probably create quite a fireball

Weren't there Russian grenades with a larger blast radius then you could possibly hope to chuck it?

>larger blast radius then you could possibly hope to chuck it
Only for feeble western arms.

I can only think of AT grenades that would be like that.

Anybody who uses isosceles stance is a fucking retard ANYWAY. It's also stupid as fuck in film as well.

all thrown grenades can come back and bite you. thats why you throw them and seek cover.

both the us and russians had tactical nukes they put on recoiless rifle rounds, those were stupid as fuck.

That whole period of tactical nuke development was insane considering the all the knowledge they already had about radiation side effects.

>he doesn't use the Afghani Shitter MODIFIED stance

Get on my level, fuckers.

>Anybody who uses isosceles stance is a fucking retard

Why is that exactly

1. All the recoil is sent up your arm
2. This pushes your body back
3. It looks like you're a noobfaggot when used in artistic sense on films and TV, which is why it's modified

They came up with that shit last minute the original ending is kino

>be me playing GTA IV online
>asshole about 100ft from me tries to run me down in his car
>fire rocket at his grill
>50ft down range rocket begins to spin
>rocket threads the needle underneath his car and he runs me over
>wasted
>mfw

Most tactical nukes are pretty clean.

no, but i dont ahve autism

>but i dont ahve autism
Then what the fuck are you doing here?

desu familio elsewhere on the internet is full of autism, especially facebook and reddit.

This should be a tv banner

>deadliest warrior

Not a gun guy but even I know that a suppressor does not make a gun silent. A suppressed gun with sub sonic rounds still makes a bit of noise.

>a bit of noise.
That's a bit of an understatement.

>watching Walking Dead
>Scopes and sights are backwards
>AR-15's w/o scopes missing rear iron sights
>chickenwings
>Rick's stance when he aims his Python
>Everything the Governor does after losing his eye
Couldn't take it anymore.

You have Isosceles confused with Weaver

Weaver is the one that sends recoil up one arm

The only thing Walking Dead got right was trigger discipline.

And the homemade suppressors from old flashlights were pretty cool and a nice touch.

>Stock fully collapsed
>Scope backwards

Holy shit nigger what are you doing

Could be an incendiary or a heavy explosive.
You may only be familiar with shrapnel.

>homemade suppressors from old flashlights were pretty cool and a nice touch.
I did like those too. But if I remember right didn't they have it strapped to a 92fs? Not sure how something like that would work. I mean, wouldn't the action of the slide pull all the duct tape apart?

>>Stock fully collapsed
maybe the actors just have tiny arms :^)bonus missing rear iron

It was an M67, high explosive.

Not sure it would set off Oxygen tanks like that because I'm not an expert

i hate when the phone screen is on during a call when it's pressed up to the character's face, too. what fucking phone does that

I saw one on a glock. Rick was using it.

Holy shit dude. Also loving the knife grip, must have been watching his kid play MGS4.

Legs apart, handgun aligned with middle of body is isosceles

>didn't they have it strapped to a 92fs?

Just looked it up, Rick had a flashlight one on a glock, and Carl have what looked like the top of an aluminum bat on a 92fs like you said. Wow.

>Solid iron cannonball impacts the ground
>It explodes

>M67
>high explosive

It has 6.5oz of HE in it.

In Ant-Man, I was twitching when a Glock had an exposed hammer for the ants to fuck up.

>pistol is drawn from holster
>clickity-clack
>rifle or shotgun is shouldered
>clickity-clack
>gun is picked up
>clackity-click
>camera focuses on pistol just sitting there
>clickity-clack
>sword is drawn
>sshhwiiiiing
>sword is sheathed
>gniiiiiwhhss

the m67 is a fragmentation grenade. the sole purpose of its explosive charge is to shred the metal ball

>when you see more of the Fighting stance or Isosceles stance in the real world

lol when do you see this in the real world?

really makes you think

Still HE bitch. It could be LOW EXPLOSIVE. It isn't. It's HE. High.

It's more high explosive than most frag grenades though, isn't it? If it was supposed to be a huge blast he should have used another type of system anyways

>Threatening someone with a gun
>Pulls back the hammer to show how serious they are

Ranges, cop shootings on liveleak, that kind of stuff. Doesn't the US military typically use Iso if you're wearing armor and shooting a pistol?

>he doesn't use Rambo Stance

>Closeup of someone firing a gun
>its just a shitty prop with no moving parts
>just a cgi muzzle flash

>exaggerated recoil

>suit up scene
>bandolier of shotgun shells equipped
>only uses a rifle

>the studio doesn't make any effort at all to make the firearm usage realistic
WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN MAKING MOVIES WITH REAL WORLD GUNS IN THEM WHAT THE FUCK

they stopped teaching weaver stance because cops would use the other one in a real firefight anyway because it's more intuitive

That shit metaphorical and psychological my dude

You need less pounds of pressure to pull the trigger when the hammer's down,which implies "i only have to apply a small amount of force to kill you"

>gunplay and tactics are just completely fucked

only realistic movies that come to mind are:
-HEAT
-SPR
-Way of the Gun

any others /k/?

>Trained marksman/operator
>ambushing an enemy force
>goes full-auto and misses everything

Fucking looking at you, season 2 of The Last Ship during the powerplant sabotage

>watching Walking Dead
>get to season 5
>notice that Rick is hipfiring his AK like a retard, still getting headshots left and right
>goes full auto for like 30 seconds without reloading
And that was when I dropped it.

>decide to give walking dead a try
>first fucking episode of the series
>"just make sure you've got a round in the chamber, and the safety off"
>character rubs his thumb on the slide release of his fucking glock

stopped watching right there

After seeing a bunch of cheap Hong Kong action movies lately I have become quite desensitized to these things.

It's more like 10 seconds, but yeah I get that.

youtu.be/EyLDr4Jf--M?

Starts at 1:50

For anyone wondering it would be more like 4 seconds to dump a magazine of that size

Collateral has some lovely gunplay, cruise does a mozambique drill in I think

Man gun fights in gta 4 were the shit

>>Realistic
>user mentions Raid 2

youtube.com/watch?v=uowzCtxyNkE

>hero has a pump action shotgun
>he means business
>Chick-chack

what shows/films have them properly skip along the ground and blast their way through several soldiers?

oh fuck I totally forgot about that scene
I just think of the prison fight whenever I think raid
that was some truly retarded shit yeah,but at least they bothered to make the karmbits stick in wounds more than normal knives

I believe The Patriot did.

I think whoever is responsible for firearms in TWD is just doing that to fuck with people.

dunno if that's entirely correct but at the very least its refreshing to see a cannonball acting like the heavy metal object at high velocity like it should

any naval movies/shows that use cannonball skipping to hit right at/just below the waterline?

You are a fucking retard noguns. Isosceles is used by the best shooters in the world for a reason.

youtu.be/ChSazF41q-s?t=366

One of the best episodes of It's always sunny in Philadelphia, "Mac and Charlie die". To destroy a car they buy a pistol (to shoot the gas tank) and a grenade. Re disappointed with the results.

>tank appears
>shoots building
>tiny fucking piddly explosion

>autocanon armed vehicle appears
>60 RPM and lame sound

>RPG is shot
>slow as fuck '''rocket''', probably go faster if you manually threw it

Literally for what fucking purpose

Damn...

>Isosceles stance
>Common

Fuck. Off. Did you literally just google shooting stance names?

You wouldn't see this trash stance in a combat situation, you have basically no mobility.

tank rounds don't cause explosions, except at the barrel.

even the 30mm auto fires faster than that.

rpgs are fast as fuck. but in daylight there is pretty much no visible expolsion.

you have no idea what you are talking about.

Holy shit.....

He's just awesome to watch, thanks for that link.

user I...

u r a autism

>isosceles
>trash
wanna know how I am sure you are a fucking retard?

the only thing I am not 100% correct on is that you can fire exploding rounds from a tank. but they don't roll out with them much. tank warfare is mainly anti tank warfare. most tank rounds are kinetic.

the average vehicle with an auti gun has one of those new robot things with a 50 cal or a 240. we had them on buffaloes. both shoot far more than a round a second. and I can still hear th 30s sometimes. those apaches. yea that statement is 100 true he is wrong.

and I have both shot at-4s at targets, and been shot at with rpg-7s. they move fast as fuck. but the exposion is directed and not terribly visible.

so actually refute me. faggot.