old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/tyzhobkt
youtube.com/watch?v=WwmAB8Wx6DY
radialeng.com/reamp-basics.php
youtube.com/watch?v=HGnSsoVAOfI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Go gibson or go home

i'm not digging these rhythm guitars sound. they're miked; i think i'll go back to DI'ing and amplitube.
the guitars that enter after the break are amplitube, i'm preferring their sound.

clyp.it/tyzhobkt

garbage

They both don't sound too good

good nite gg, im going to sleep
i cant wait to wake up tomorrow and shitpost, mix stuff and check for trannies on tinder

Question, are the American Professional Jaguars worth it, or should I just get a Mexican one?

what do? help

same user from /prod/ here. why don't you di and REALLY reamp, dingus? fuck amplitube. do you want help with getting a good guitar tone?

keep it in this thread if you can.

im thinking i had the mic too far away

>and REALLY reamp
what do you mean?
>do you want help with getting a good guitar tone?
yes, help me pls

That maybe, or try a different angle. Did you do that track between straight on and 45 degrees a little off center?

Should i start a proper /gg/ with a proper OP?

>guitar of the day
>its fucking thumpin thursday again
ugh

This is the proper /gg/

one track was done on the very center and 3/4' away, and the other was almost touching the grill and halfway between speaker center and border

yes. put your own name on it so it's a proper OP

there you go i made a proper /gg/ here

Try it farther away then. Does the amp normally sound that brittle? Do what the other user said, reamp.

Depends
I think most of the colors for the Am Pro Fenders are really ugly like that one you posted, also hate maple fret boards on offsets, but they have really nice pickups and the switching is kind of cool. They give you a good bridge too (staytrem designed)

The MIM Jags/JMs are very good, I think they are better than the MIJ Jags/JMs, most of the ones available are the classic player ones though, which have a TOM bridge and the tremolo unit placed closer to the bridge which doesn't look as good. I think you get AVRI hardware on most MIM Jags/JMs, MIJ hardware is garbage.

I also don't think Fender offers any MIM Offsets anymore, they just ended availability like last week, they probably have some new MIM offsets coming up in 6 months or so so you'd have to buy used.

I had a Troy Van Lueewen JM which was MIM and it was pretty much perfect. I stupidly sold it.
I put this goofy relic jazzcaster together a while ago.

If you don't want to participate in Samuel being an asshole, /gg/ thread with a proper OP here:

i'm afraid having it even farer will take the mids and lows away (the density), the mic is a cheap 57 and im at a noisy room
more or less, i eqd it to more highs too.
reamp is what? the plugin?

Spamming is against the rules

Then why you made that OP, which actively encourages talking about me instead of talking about guitars?

I'm finally convinced roman

>implying he can read
Dude can't even bathe properly, cut him some slack

No one wants to talk about you

You literally made the entire theme of the OP about me

a guitarist of your race crazyaga.

youtube.com/watch?v=WwmAB8Wx6DY

why you dont just be like him?

Reamping is recording a clean di track then sending it back out to the amp so you can record the exact same take with different settings, amps, mic positions, etc.

Why the fuck are you so obsessed with jews?
I'm not even jewish, im an atheist. yet just hearing i'm from israel made you completely freak out

How do you figure?

Well that should make you happy, you love sucking your own sick, dontcha? That's why you're still in this thread and not you're own, isn't it?

>tfw the real froosh is probably watching all of this and laughing his ass off

I'm 27 but definitely filthy and garbage.

I legitimately dislike this, but people don't come to post in my thread.

I will post it again:

>what do you mean?

first, let me apolozie for my formatting. i'm running on very little sleep. here's a link.

radialeng.com/reamp-basics.php

most people buy reamp boxes to do this, but for a demo or something, it doesn't fucking matter. if you're getting weird noise and it bothers you too much, buy a reamp box. doesn't make a difference most of the time, though.

record your di tracks. get them as tight sounding as you can. do not skip this step. this is the most important step. shit playing = shit recording. i assume you're using a usb interface. whatever it is, send your raw di tracks from your interface to your amp. do NOT fuck with your levels in your daw mixer. leave that shit at 0. if you don't know what i'm talking about or get lost, read up on it. look it up on youtube, google, bing, whatever fucking search engine you use. for the love of god, i can't explain everything to you.

anyway, next you need to get a good tone before you set up your mics. please get a good tone first. nothing pisses me the fuck off more than people recording shitty tones and then trying to fix them in post. it only ends in sadness and shame. after you get a good tone, start setting up your mics. are you recording a cab or a combo amp? i hate to tell you this, but it should only take ten minutes to find a good tone. if it takes longer, you fucked up and you will not be happy with anything. you will end up recording a shitty tone and trying to fix it in post. don't do this. please don't do this. it also helps to have a slave for this process, hehe.

stick your ear up to the speaker while your di track is blasting through your amp. listen for a thump. a loud thump. this is where your slave comes in handy because you sure as fuck don't want to ruin your hearing during this process. that thump is the sweet spot. in other words, this is the area where your mic will be.

if you know fuck all about mic placement, this is where you experiment and learn.

>tfw I hated him back when he first started here but now I get it
Kinda miss him now

I hope John has better things to desu

whats the difference between a strat and a jazzmaster or jaguar? they all have single coils but the difference is the controls. shouldn't the jazzmaster be more versatile?

I'm dying

When you can hear a guitarists fingers sliding on acoustic strings, is that just part of acoustics or poor technique?

No you don't, you love the attention, you get off on it, and I enjoy making fun of you, you buffoon

>acoustic

I like positive attention, not negative attention

I bet he plays jazz

to simplify things, just go with what sounds best to you as far as tone goes because that shit is highly subjective. there are universally bad tones, though, and i'm sure you're intelligent enough to know what one sounds like. all you gotta do is press record once you have your mics set up. did i mention that you should be isolated from your amp setup? and use a good pair of headphones or monitors. this should be obvious. i'm sure i left some important things out, but whatever. i'm going to bed. i'll repost this in the /prod/ thread if you don't see it here.

MODS=GODS

Technically it's poor technique but it could also be that some people have harder skin. I only play on elixirs and when I switch over to someone elses guitar with regular strings I get so many squeaks, it's kind of embarrassing desu.

Well tough break there friend, maybe if you turned off your trip and made quality posts you'd get those positive (you) replies you desperately need to function

i think you have certain pickups that clean those type of sounds

froosh was like the mob, kept all of the shitlords out via shitting on them 24/7 and wrote huge ass posts to answer questions but you just had to have his money when he came by, otherwise it was way better than letting these fudge packers run free and fuck everything up. this place was squeaky clean with him.

if froosh was still around, this tripfag would have been ass blasted and gone within 3 days. remember when that random ass owl trip came and left within like 2 fucking days because froosh didn't like him gloating about his touring bullshit in every post? wrote this huge bitchfest post about how stupid /gg/ was after nobody gave a shit that he was a "touring guitarist" or whatever, and said froosh was an asshole, it was fucking hilarious.

desu i just want to check new posts and see that fucking k-line with a timestamp so i know he's watching over us and gets these fuckers out, fuck.

I don't have access to an acoustic so I can't try, but can you palm mute between chords to eliminate most of the noise?

I still don't understand why crazyaga thinks this thread is about him. I only put feat crazyaga cause I assumed a 3rd of the posts would be him.

Any of you guys going to Dylan Carlson's yard sale?

literally who

I never thought about this, like mic and acoustic with a noise gate or something?

You could, but what you're supposed to do is lift your fingers off the strings every time you slide. I've been working on cleaning that part of my playing up.

Nah i like having a username.
Btw im not going to post in the coming hour because im watching a documentary about quantum physics.

The guy who gave Kirk Cobain his shotgun. A real legend.

Just saw he posted that. I think it sounds cool but all he's gonna have is weird art furniture, poetry books, and jean vests with patches and shit.

You are huge masochist, thats why you make those stupid threads(maybe because you are degenerate and homosexual desu). But eh who im to stop you

You're such an attention whore. Go away without notifying. We're not your mommy baka.

Is about how the hot young male student gets tutored by his old male professor about filling wormholes?

>posting you're about watch a doc about quantum physics
Is that supposed to make us think you're smart or something? That shit is a useless detail that no one gives a damn about

That and it's a cover story for him crying everytime he sees the op.

This could have been you Crazyaga, if only you had practiced harder

youtube.com/watch?v=HGnSsoVAOfI

some acoustic electrics have a noiseless pickup

Froosh would nuke the general if there were people he didn't like posting. he'd make it uninhabitable until they left. so many annoying trips that don't exist anymore thanks to him. if only he could come back and carpet bomb one more time to get this crazyaga faggot out for good. Froosh, Listen to my prayer and guide our general to peace.

Roman please save us.

jazzmaster pickups are a bit different than strat or jag pickups which are pretty similar

jazzmaster pickups sound rounder, fuller, slower attack to the note

jags and jazzmasters have more switching options than strats

jaguar have a 24" scale length, Jazzmasters and Strats are 25.5 so jags sound different than strats from this (less sustain, more plinky, more rubbery, less snap)

They are all easily identified as 'fenderish' sounding, but theres kind of subtle differences.

Offset tremolos are looser, more dreamy kind of sounding than strats, whose wobble is more direct.

Strats might have the most versatile sound palate tbqh

there is a pretty big difference between the 5 positions on the strat, at least more useable variation to me

rhythm circuits on offsets is kind of useless and then you have neck, neck/bridge, bridge pragmatically

I'll be honest, froosh put my sides in orbit so many times it's unreal.

didn't he say he was taking care of his grandmother I think he's gone

I honestly don't think that's really him

crazyaga isn't froosh dude. froosh has definitely not been around for a while with how this general has gone down the shitter

>offsets are kinda useless
Ftfy

>remember when that random ass owl trip came and left within like 2 fucking days because froosh didn't like him gloating about his touring bullshit in every post? wrote this huge bitchfest post about how stupid /gg/ was after nobody gave a shit that he was a "touring guitarist" or whatever, and said froosh was an asshole, it was fucking hilarious.
>tfw i remember this

this crazygaga dude remminds me to Lazare, but without honor...
what even happend with him?

meme

Roman is at his grandmas.

did that girl ever get back on youtube? i stopped following when /lit/ started stalking her mom.

who is this girl and why im not penetrating her right now

This current "roman" started making himself known after crazyaga's trip got banned late last year. Not a coincidence.

"No"

isn't roman the little kid that some 30 year old trip tried doxxing thinking it was froosh, posting like half nudes on guitar general thinking it was froosh lmao that was fucking nuts

That's the other "roman"

Yeah, /gg/ has a colorful history. This is why Froosh was necessary.

wtf did that really happen

Yeah that was so fucking weird. And someone started posting that old dude's picture claiming it was froosh's dad.

Yeah, it was some tan kid in abercrombie shorts shirtless in a bedroom. Like some 12 year old on Sup Forums posting the way that froosh did.

Yeah, Roman got doxed and he's been trying to destroy /gg/ ever since. That's all this has been about for the last three years.

Like some 12 year old would be on Sup Forums posting the way that froosh did*

yeah that cunt kept gloating how he got a sponsorship for bass strings from ernie ball, it was fucking stupid and hilarious when froosh literally made him cry after he was a douche to everyone.
kek it was ace i think. they got some random kids myspace profile that had pictures of half nude pictures of this like, 12 year old fucking kid and made this big copypaste image. it was weird as fuck
100% happened. it was fucking creepy. and they posted it so many times. that's where "roman" came from because that was this little kids name. the actual froosh in the few pictures that have existed looks nothing like this random ass kid. damn i'm remembering all of that shit now. kek

Did we ever figure out who froosh really was?

Fuck off Roman. We saw the update video you posted, it was always you.

the actual froosh froosh posted a video of himself not too long ago.

Link?

requesting video or calling bullshit

And it was the same fucking kid just a couple of years older. The pictures when he was young were taken from Roman's old myspace.

let me look through the archive. it was when he was talking about how goes on Sup Forums ctrl+fing his name.

It was on one of those sites where the link expires after a while , lost in the archive since it was either late 2015 or early 2016. The current "Roman" is just some fag pretending to be him though.