He fell for the computer "science" meme!

>He fell for the computer "science" meme!

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/cscareerquestions/comments/4im3pd/i_cant_take_the_constant_rejection_and/
reddit.com/r/cscareerquestions/comments/4i6dq4/fired_after_5_months/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>meme

which part? the part where I make more money than you? or the part where I have more flexible hours than you? or the part where I have a job that is in demand?

Yeah, sure those things are real pajeet. Now go back to your shitty apartment with your 6 kids.

computer science is for nerds

real men are unemployed

the part where you will be replaced by some poo in loo willing to work much less than you, you won't make more money than me when you're unemployed.

>implying CS grads get employed

spoken like someone who has never worked with indian devs before. You offshore the grunt work, and real men do the heavy lifting.

No successful software is made with purely offshore developers

you ain't joking, went to a majors meeting and 80% of the room is god damn indians

CS is pussy mathematics and computer engineering is for people who pussied out of electrical engineering but still wanted to feel superior to the pajeets in CS

>going to community colleges for real degrees

nice try, tyrone

True, I saw a lot of people drop out and do CS.

Boots on the ground with loads of security clearance. No Pajeet here.

The inner core of whites is shrinking every year, and MS and Google are headed by pajeets now.

Can you literally not see more than 1 year down the road?

I mean, I know that *I* will have a job for the next several years.

I have to wonder what company you work for if you are worried about pajeets stealing your job...

true, i did CS because i knew i wouldn't cut it as a math or physics major. can't complain though, still making bank.

>system.out.print"java rocks";

>25
>comp sci
>75k year

Not a bad meme

Google Paris is pretty chill tho

Friend just graduated Uni of Illinois in CS. Within a month of graduating he get an offer from Microsoft, which he turned down for an offer for even more money. Nigga is going to be a millionaire by this time next year.

What's the issue?

Tech bubble is probably about to pop soon or whatever.

they chuggin on ghost cock?

literally every person I know who majored in CS is now gainfully employed. Many of them were offered six-figure salaries right out of college. Many others chose to start their own software companies, knowing that they can always get a comfy high-salary job at Amazon/Google/Microsoft later if it doesn't pan out.

is correct, outsourcing programming is disastrous and everyone knows it. The reality is that even many self-professed "programmers" are incapable of writing Fizzbuzz in a coding interview. You need only a bare minimum of talent in order to secure a fat paycheck.

CS will only become more important as our industries become more automated. I recommend that any high-schooler strongly consider studying it. Even the haters in this thread can admit that CS is one of the most sensible things to major in.

Thread kinda makes me sad.

>26 years old
>growing up in 90s
>watch the world transform with computers and the Internet
>think it's cool as fuck and want to build/fix computers when I get older
>years go by
>be just old enough to see that kind of work dry up or become monopolies in any given town
>no hope in the corporate world thanks to cheap pajeets

At least with my computer hobby that helped me get into the door of trucking corporate, good guys around here but they know shit about computers. I'm not the IT but usually people come to me first and ask before bugging them and now I'm getting experience with logistics and stuff.

Literally every other post on Sup Forums is talking about going into CS.

The field is going to be saturated as fuck.

WTF is this?

nice meme

Shit, I have to choose my major in a year. I was going to do CS, but apparently, that field is being taken over by Indians. What major would you guys recommend?

>implying 90% of CS grads are brogrammers who "wanna be the ideas guy" and make video games!

CS is a great field but unless you dig into the study and live it somewhat, you already failed

Occupational therapy master race
>Good pay (~$80,000)
>90% female, bitches all over you in college
>Similar career and job prospects as physical therapy, but don't need a doctorate (Yet, that will change in a few years)

Why aren't you one yet, Sup Forums?

As someone who recently graduated, I wouldn't worry about it.

The first class over basic data structures (which typically involve pointers) weed out the vast majority, and any meek followers will eventually be weeded out by later courses (program translation, operating systems, formal algorithms etc)

>tfw took computer classes in highschool instead of something useful like fabrication or carpentry
>could've had a good paying blue collar job right out of highschool instead of IT shit poo in loos will do for pennies

Graduated from top 10 undergrad with degree in math + CS.

160k / year starting.

Work on cool problems using math and masturbate 2 anime.

Cleary you should get a degree in economics since you have such amazing foresight

>going to University to get a job
>poorfags actually do this

You have too many idiots going into IT and can't do the job that just end up in some 40k/yr helpdesk slot. If you apply yourself and can google shit then you're probably better than 50% the feild

reddit.com/r/cscareerquestions/comments/4im3pd/i_cant_take_the_constant_rejection_and/

Lol

>posting here instead of r9k

are you lost?

reddit.com/r/cscareerquestions/comments/4i6dq4/fired_after_5_months/

Stupid codemonkey

You sound like a university career "counselor" trying to scam us out of our shekels. Fuck off.

>grandpa asks me how i'm gonna compete with the chinks and indians
>tell him I don't know

r-racist ass grandpa doesn't know shit about m-my generation, right boys?

seems pretty boring, i'm on the computer too much as it is

To be fair those are some bullshit questions. No one's gonna know all that retarded Java shit even if they use it.

"computer science" is a fucking joke, it churns out morons who can't even code. I'm taking supplementary classes at my local college, and there is only me and another guy that can even do the homework assignments.

almost no one out of college knows anything about coding. If you want to make money, you dive into a language and then learn all you can about applying it to databases and servers. JQ, Angular JS, to name two.

you can always find a job doing this.

I fell for the meme and am happily employed and relatively successful. But those people who thought it was a get rich quick scheme (i.e. the "I have an epic killer app idea!" guys), they fell for the meme quite hard.

Make sure you tell everyone about your salary so they saturate the field you dumbfuck

Same but did a variation, Econ + Math major, CS minor w/ almost enough courses for a major.

I work in the family business, and day-trade on the side. Expecting to grow revenue from 920K to ~1.4M this year and reinvest most of the profits to expand rapidly.

> tfw studying IT and you have no idea if you'll get a job at the end thanks to the current situation regarding pajeets and chaos

CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP

>actually using a meme framework like angular

have fun working with other aspies whose git contributions are wordpress sites and vaporware

yes go-guy for a stem degree. stay away from trade schools and entrepreneurship. Your degree will guarantee you a 100k job when you're finished. I swear hehehe.

>the one aussie who can't even shitpost good

leaf in disguise?

It's stupid but usually you need to do a year in callcenter helpdesk or some shitty job to get a 1-2 years experience. Most people I know had to do something similar of a shit IT job just to break the ice and get into IT.

we are all hurting brother

we are all lost

we all deal with our suffering in our own way, shitposting, drinking, drugs

but we are all hurting

>databases and servers. JQ, Angular JS
>code monkey work

RAKESH
A
K
E
S
H

MY SON

*who can't even shitpost well

Good is for nouns. Well is for verbs.

Guys what should i specialize in? Maybe networks? I hear being a network engineer is easy as fuck

thanks for the grammar fix, pete. We will automate your job last.

If you know how to code you don't need a degree.

Graduated from Princeton in '11. Took 8 months to land my first job even with strong connections from both my father and those I met while networking. I have another 2 cousins who graduated with CS degrees recently from Brown and RIT. Only one is employed full time.

The people that spew horseshit about CS being a thriving field are full of shit. But it's also nearly as bad as many believe. There are jobs, and there are some great jobs. But if you want to land them, you'll need to know your shit through and through. And it doesn't hurt if your dad is golf buddies with the CEO.

>being this butthurt about having a shitty job
>being this butthurt because no one cares about some shitty redneck job that you have
>being this butthurt because when your internet goes down the best you can do is "try again tomorrow"
>being this butthurt because you were a piece of shit in highschool and you can't stand that the golden days are over

>mfw im at the bar with your girl because you decided to stay home and save money
>mfw i dont feel like going into work today so i "work" from home
>mfw you can talk all the shit you want because i'll always have a better job than you
>mfw the blue collar economy sucks and i still got two raises this year

the jobs that poo in loos have are basic tier shit. they do menial tasks because they are a dime a dozen. all of you faggots that can't get jobs because "f-fuggin pajeets" probably either:

1. have really stupid worthless certs
2. didn't try hard enough
3. are applying to shit tier jobs that anyone can do if they read a fucking book

this is the only slightly correct thing you have said. a degree doesn't mean shit if you have no skill.

"cool you got a degree at (insert name) school? okay great we need you to start handling a huge project right away"

"b-but im retarded"

"BUT user YOU SAID YOU HAVE A DEGREE!"

this conversation never happens. a degree is something that anyone can get with a C. people only care if you have proof that you can do something.

You could probably get a decent job like us normal people for 40-60k a year but seeing how you're some aristocratic faggot you're probably trying to land some 200k position right out of college

goin for dat Applied Math BS because I'm a real nigga

are you worried about having to compete with people that browse Sup Forums on a regular basis?

>I don't think anyone on my floor would be able to tell you what a CountDownLatch or ThreadGroup is off the top of their head, and there are a few senior Java devs with 15+ years of experience.

>Java devs
all my lels

STEM had been promototed for years already, then during the recession it was pushed even more.

Now elementary and middle schools are adding it to their curriculum

I really don't understand this. I went to a polytechnic school and just about everyone in my friend group had a job with a big-name company lined up before the february senior year.
Maybe I just had smart friends, who knows. But my impression of it was that as long as you're not a complete mouthbreather, you can get a CS job without too much trouble.
Actually, the hardest part seemed to be getting an interview in the first place. So it really helps to get a referral or something equivalent.

btw, I am comfortably employed now and don't advertise myself on linkedin or any other such website, but I still get headhunting emails from time to time, asking me to apply to google or amazon.
Being a good programmer these days is like being an attractive woman.

If you take the hard classes and do side projects you will have job offers before you graduate.

If you try to skate through so you can "make mad cash bro" you're going to be working in starbucks.

Generic web dev and apps are going to crash hard in the next year or so, but specializations will still be great: network programming, machine learning, graphics, embedded, etc.

Clouding, Netowrking, Security will be the best specialization to get imo