Are there any good female directors?

Are there any good female directors?

>female
>good

Literally the only good movie directed solely by a woman is Near Dark, and that's just because Bigelow was effective at mimicking male directors and had a good script to work with

I don't care what Sup Forums says, I have enjoyed almost all of sophia coppala's fims.

Peggy marshall is good.

Theres more?
I thought the lineage ended with Nic Cage's son

Also, as a female, why dont they make films about women's issues/life problems?
Something a la Thelma and Louise but more serious? Id like to see something like that

I hated all of the ones I watched but I can see the appeal

Wachowski sisters

Sophie Coppola

And whoever is the woman that directed Wayne's world

Sophia Coppola has no feet.

I liked LiT the rest were meh. Then again I'm 98% sure her father wrote it since he actually did a Suntory Whisky commercial

I loved Lords of Dogtown, but that was probably because Stacey Peralta was the writer.

I was surprised that she was the director for Twilight aswell. But now that I noticed it I can see the parallels.

Lexi Alexander
Kathryn Bigelow

Did you all like Virgin Suicides?
I liked the story, but was underwhelmed by it

In all seriousness who is the female patrician version of Sofia. I mean there has to be someone out there right?

there is now

Portman is that you?

I'm going to use this film as a test to see if I can suspend my anti-zionism for the sake of cinema.

what? that doesn't make any sense! how could i be here posting on Sup Forums when I'm doing promotions for my movies?!

Claire Denis

Jane Campion
Andrea Arnold

Agnes Varda
Chantelle Akerman
Sophia Coppola

You are alright Hershlag tripfag.

Also Rebecca Zlotowski. Planetarium seems like its going to be good and a other film I watch of her's was decent.

The woman who directed American Psycho has some other good films under her belt.

yeah, she's really cool! and a great visionary.