You feel like you're not yourself anymore, like you're in a limbo type of life...

You feel like you're not yourself anymore, like you're in a limbo type of life, asking yourself what you did wrong trough the day and blaming yourself for the tiniest shit, depression was like hell every day, I've had it for like 2 years and a half with excesive anxiety.

Sup Forums Have you ever been with depression?

Only when I'm in love

Sometimes during crashes but that's about it

It's called growing up

I feel you man. Struggled with depression my whole life, sometimes emotions and days are just a blur. Just keep on living user, because somebody cares about you, even if it isn't obvious.

Living your whole life with it must be fucking hard hard user, congrats on doing it.

I'm taking meds

How's that placebo effect working out for you

Used to be on meds, just turned the sadness to anger. Used to beat up my siblings daily. One of my biggest regrets. I now just try to help people with their shit in an armchair psychologist fashion.

What made you depressed in the first place user?

It's strange, but i realized they make you be a different person, i don't like that

Like you don't have inhibitions

I know what you mean. On meds I have no personality.

>Sup Forums Have you ever been with depression?

Fucked me completely. Posted about this in an earlier thread about lowest points in life. I was depressed on a pretty regular basis for about 20 years without ever doing anything about it; anxiety, suicidal ideation, all that shit. I fought through it and managed to finish a PhD, then started law school. By my 3rd year (2014) I just went off the rails; anxiety over the job search exacerbated a slow burning drinking problem (started drinking all the time just to calm down, without even realizing what I was doing), and since then shit has gone down fucking hill.

So, here's my current situation. I'm 35, am $175,000 in debt, have no job, no drivers license, had to move home with my parents, and while the depression's being managed by antidepressants (thank fucking god), the alcoholism now has a life of its own and 3 weeks ago I wound up passed out in a ditch in my neighborhood and spent the night in fucking jail.

So, my advice to anyone suffering depression: go get some fucking help.

Sincerely,

user, PhD JD

depressed and bumping

Jesus Christ

>$175,000 in debt
lmfao how does this even happen?

$30,000+ tuition and fees for each of 3 years of law school, plus living expenses, plus having to support my girlfriend (now ex) for a year.

Plus, you know, the drugs and alcohol and the fact that I mostly find money to be a nuisance and just piss it away. In any event, here we fucking are.

>You feel like you're not yourself anymore
I never dud. I have struggled in some degrees with my sense of self

Bump

how can you tell you have depression?

Have you gotten a dui yet? Shit sucks.

The main signs are feelings of sadness, lack of motivation, tiredness/lack of energy, reclusive behavior. The list goes on.

No, no dui. My license was suspended because of an epileptic seizure. But because in 2015 I was brought to the hospital drunk, they won't lift the suspension unless I can convince a doctor I'm not a drunk driving threat. Seeing as how I'm still passing out in ditches, it's not gonna happen any time soon.

Suicidal ideation was always my indicator, but all the stuff lists are on the menu as well. Anhedonia and apathy etc.

bump

Are there any more out there who have it or need to get diagnosed? What if they can't get the help they need due to difficulties?

>What if they can't get the help they need due to difficulties?

Speaking from my own experience, my suggestion is to try 3-4g of mushrooms. If you google it there's a lot of recent study data suggesting psychedelics can have a profound impact on certain varieties of mental illness, including depression. My buddy takes them (and weed) for his PTSD and heroin addiction.

It's not easy for everyone to have that kind of contact.