List films

that people dont understand, but are too afraid to say it because they feel embarassed that they didnt get a "masterpiece". but when you ask them what they liked about it they cant explain it, thus revealing their own pretentiousness and fake enthusiasm

i start:

OK, what are you starting us off with?

>it's another "plen with a low film iq gets mad his mind wasn't blown when he watched a beloved classic" thread

user, just because something is a classic doesn't mean you have to have a life altering experience when you watch it. Just calm down and watch more films.

>just because something is a classic doesn't mean you have to have a life altering experience when you watch it.
That's what it should mean though. There are so many shit classics when it comes to film.

This movie has the best "sex" scene ever.

not gonna lie, i masturbated to the part where she described her encounter with those boys at the beach

the meaning and symbolism of this movie is one of most recycled things in all film. it's easy as fuck to understand.

>people dont understand
>people
>them

So, you?

explain that movie to me, champ

oh hi, subs reader

>shit classics

This oxymoron is generated by the fact that you are unwilling to entertain the idea of taste.

The paradox you should be concentrating on if you want to get over this hump in your film watching development is, to put it crudely, is the back and forth of objectivity and subjectivity.

There are films I didn't enjoy on first viewing, and came back to and learned to love. The opposite has also occurred.

This alone is proof enough that you figure it out as you go along.

This thread is just a lazy reaction to a sense of conflict in your experience of preference. You don't know how to feel, so you lash out.

You should have made a thread in which you outline your thoughts on some classic film that you take issue with being labelled a classic, and provide an organised argument for your feelings on it. This should have been done with enough of an open mind that you would be willing to take something from people who disagree with you, confident in the knowledge that other worthwhile individuals who enjoy the film in question will be willing to entertain your objections, and possibly be swayed by some of your reasoning.

THAT pose

lol

Where do you think you are?

this is the second time i've written about this on Sup Forums today

why are y'all so afraid of not understanding movies? the whole point of art is to make you think and to evoke emotions. when a movie gives you easily-digestible themes/morals it takes away your ability to project yourself onto the characters/story.

your lord and saviour

I enjoyed Persona. I thought it was really entertaining.

becouse this site is full of insecure fat social outcasts

Oh shit. Thought you said "who" not "where". Never mind.

I'm on Sup Forums, full of casual hope.

So is it okay to like a film and connect to it even if you truly don't understand the film at the same time?

ok course, you always understand it at some level even if on a low one, that's why some "harder" films should be watched again later on so you understand other aspects of the piece

Fight Club
Inception
Batman vs Superman

of course*
i'm slightly drunk

Came here to post this.