3 months with no videos or streams

>3 months with no videos or streams

How is everyone feeling about the latest incarnation of The Spoony Experiment? Be sure to keep the Patreon money flowing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6wnqMwHIzGc
youtube.com/watch?v=GJb7ed3ueLk
youtube.com/watch?v=JD4bvwEDnrs
twitter.com/oreoantwiler
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's at $1,570; $2,000 less than it was this time last year.

His patreon was at 5,000 at its max.

Patreon pays his mortgage. No idea why he isn't panicking and making videos.

I for one would love to see a barely alive, barely sane man dance for nickels on youtube.

I peaked in at one of his streams for morbid curiosity a year or two ago, thinking they could be like his Phantasmagoria LP, and they were just such total shit.

All he did was sit in complete silence and occasionally chastise the chat.

What a fucking shithead.

He's perpetually angry and on edge. He gets zero sleep. He hates doing streams and videos, but feels forced to so that he can say he's creating some kind of content. And he's indoors for weeks on end with only internet+nerd media to keep him occupied. That would drive anyone insane.

>he's indoors for weeks on end with only internet+nerd media to keep him occupied
Is that supposed to elicit sympathy on a board full of NEETs and other faggots who never leave the house?

Hell, if I had a 5000$ income keeping my horrific lifestyle funded, I'd at least stream a few hours every day.

Man, I discovered Spoony when he was actually making content and with Channel Awesome. I liked his stuff and a lot of his old reviews are worth watching.

Especially stuff like Counter Monkey where he'd re-tell old tales and give dnd advice.

He's also type II bipolar right?

Fuck, as much as anons make fun of them. Being a 'critic' or a 'reviewer' would actually be neat.

Though I'd totally pull a Linkara and just have a side-plot going on the entire time.

Just explaining. He's miserable and there's something VERY wrong with him. And his self-imposed isolation only makes it worse.

I just feel like spoony was left in the past. Everything about his videos aesthetic, down to the opening and the video quality, etc, screams "2005" like he's refused to grow.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if he was using the same camera and program from back then. He's been left behind among the YouTube generation

He should really just get out and find some sort of shitty 9 to 5 job. It's obvious being an internet personality isn't in him anymore. It's not healthy in the slightest what he's doing.

I'm pretty sure most of the people still giving him money either pity him or forgot they pledged in the first place

He basically stopped being a youtuber in 2011. After that his output took a nose dive. Now he's just coasting on past fame and mooching off fans.

He seems lazy, and insane, while also stuck in a bad place where he doesn't want to make vids, but doesn't want to do anything else, so he just pretends to be a Youtuber for money.

The fans are actually hurting him by enabling his behavior.

>Phantasmagoria was years ago
>The first Rebruary was years ago
>Gatekeeper
>Knightmare
>Pumpkin head

And of course
>YORS WORLD HES THE MAN

Why even live? Life fucking sucks now

>Everything about his videos aesthetic, down to the opening and the video quality, etc, screams "2005" like he's refused to grow.
I feel that. It's like... He hasn't made the effort, so why should people care..?

>>Phantasmagoria was years ago

8 years ago actually.

Fuck.

Why doesn't he just do casual movie reviews like he used to? People always loved that shit from him and it requires next to zero effort to do.

Was Phantasmagoria 10 years ago?

Jesus, man.

2010 E3 was supposed to be the beginning of new heights. But it's the peak. He never reached that since.

Something fucking weird happend to his brain. Take this vid from 2009. A normal short video update. Talks and actslike a normal upbeat person. Talking to his fans and giving them updates.

youtube.com/watch?v=6wnqMwHIzGc

You want something super crazy? "Noah's Breaking Down" was almost 5 years ago. 2011.

I used to keep his vlogs up on the background, but he even managed to fuck those up.

The Guy couldn't keep himself composed for half an hour to talk about how bad Twilight 3 sucked.

Later still, he went on an hour and a half rant about Spider-Man 2, which was longer than the actual movie.

He's just a fucking mess.

Was the breakdown when he was fired from CA? I was already done with the site at the time but goddamn he went off the deep end hitting on women through his dog's twitter.

He seemed fine when he was doing the Ultima reviews.

He stopped vlogging entirely because people said his Spiderman 2 review was too long. So he just stopped doing videos entirely.

It was a year or two after his girlfriend broke up with him, and he used to see the Twilight movies with her. So the movie made him mopey and think of her.

>last logon: 3 weeks ago

JUST

Christ.

Time really does fly. Remember Dr Insano?

The SWAT lets plays.

Hell even Microcosom. His fans actually tracked down a copy of an extremely rare game just for him to review it.

Such a shame.

I was in highschool when I first watched in 09. Now I'm in full time work with a flat and a kid on the way.

I do hope he gets better, I just can't see it.

>I do hope he gets better, I just can't see it.

There's zero indication he will change though. April is a weirdo herself, and just enables his behavior. Only someone like a relative could intervene. for us, we just watch the train wreck.

Bloody depressing....

>Only someone like a relative could intervene
Does he still live with Miles?

Surely Miles had to have called him out at least once.

>And he's indoors for weeks on end with only internet+nerd media to keep him occupied. That would drive anyone insane.

I need to get a Patreon.

He lives with April near Chicago.

You need to build a loyal fanbase first. THEN you can get the patreon monies.

Literally the only Spoony content I've seen. I played a lot of the Ultima games too, can anyone recommend other videos to watch?

You know though, i'd be ok with his not doing reviews if he just recorded a vlog, laying out his health situation and where he stands with regard to the future of TSE.

If he said 'hey listen, i need to take a hiatus to get my health in order. To my existing patreons, i appreciate the support, if you feel like continuing to contribute, thank you, if not, i understand. This is not the end, its just goodbye for now'

That would appease a lot of the fans who are left out in the cold.

You like lets plays? watch the phantasmagoria 2 playthough.

Yeah but he needs the money though. He has no other source of revenue. He has a mortgage to pay. So he's not going to do that. He's going to continue pretending to be working on videos and then never releasing anything.

I think it started when he won that stupid internet award. It really went to his head for some reason.

Not even those shitty wrestling videos? He's probably face down in a pile of puke after yet another blackout

bill corbett shitting on him on twitter probably hurt lol

Goddamn, this is a new low for Spoony. When are his retarded fans going to finally stop donating to his patreon?

Since he joined twitter: 2719 days have passed, with everyday having 24 hours, you get 65256 hours since he joined Twitter.

According to his Twitter page he has made over 73700 tweets. So in average he tweets 1,13 tweets per hour.

Not only did he not get off Twitter like he promised his average improved by 10%! Fantastic job!

What pisses me off the most is that he claims that he is working very hard, over time 7 days a week to make content. Where is the results?

He said he was going to stop posting on twitter but instead he increased his twitter activity.

He is an asshole through and through.

That is fucking insane.

youtube.com/watch?v=GJb7ed3ueLk

Have a classic.

Wait, Rebruary is over? He only released one vid..

Will keemstar make a video about it?

The power of autism, how awkward.

Man, I was at E3 2010 and I saw him there. I almost went up to him and said hi but he was such a miserable sack of shit. He looked pissed off the few times I walked past him so I thought fuck it. He's also a lot fatter in real life than he seems on camera, same as Joe.

His Spider-Man 2 review was miserable, and that's what he didn't understand. He only took on board that people thought he was too negative and the video was too long, so he made a video mocking everyone, then wound up his movie reviews. The problem was it was just 2 hours of nitpicking endlessly - not in a fun way, but in a depressing, unfunny way, where he was constantly interrupting April, going off on his own tangents. It was terrible viewing. But he never understood that.

Dr. Insano is partly responsible for the hole he's in now. Some TV network offered him an opportunity to do a pilot or pitch for a show, and he pitched a science-education show with Insano. It was so bad it ruined any chances for a future career entertaining anywhere other than his site.

I'm pretty sure he's just straight up lying to people these days to keep the autism bucks flowing. He's latest excuse is that he's been assembling a CPAP machine to help him sleep, but after complaining about getting one for weeks, he forgot about it and went back to tweeting about Trump and comics. When a fan brought it up, he suddenly remembered he was supposed to have night terrors and just said the machine didn't work or some shit.

He'll ride this train as long as he can with as little effort as possible. Stick a fork in Spoony, he's done.

you have to add the tweets he made in his dog's twitter as well

literally gold

cpap machines are prebuilt when you get them, all you have to do is plug in the air hose to the machine and your mask, it takes less than 2 seconds

Phantasmagoria 2 LP
SWAT 4 LP
Any of his old NES game revies

His excuse of "Oh my god, my health is so bad, you guys, I can't work" might have some weight if he didn't tweet around the fucking clock about comic book scans, Trump, and wrestling. He bitches about how sick he is and/or how he's been working so long and hard that he's physically falling apart, but his twitter activity says otherwise. Hell, even when he comes up with a somewhat good one-off joke, he'll then sit there for hours hammering that joke into the ground with different permutations.

Final Fantasy VIII was classic. It's what got me watching his videos back in the day.

DON'T. TELL ME. HOW. TO PLAY. THE GAME.

Spoony needs to get off twitter. It's completely killing his productivity. Editing eats up time but he has all of the time in the world

>He's also a lot fatter in real life than he seems on camera, same as Joe.

How is that even possible ?

Angry Joe really did so much better than Spoony. He even surpassed everyone in Channel Awesome. He even has more subs than AVGN.

Almost two years since he made this video

youtube.com/watch?v=JD4bvwEDnrs

Joe is a hack, but he has a solid work ethic, and knows what his fans want.

>He even has more subs than AVGN.

down to 1500 dollars

jesus

That shitting himself expression when he realises he now has to actually work to meet the reward tiers. He knows he fucked up.

Also it's 2016:

>No DVD
>No movie
>No pre-production on a movie.
>No backer rewards like commentaries or signed photos
>No top tier backer rewards like CAH games, aside from one played one time

God damn it Spoony.

did he make any progress on it? I'm at 4:00 and he's already panicking

he did literally nothing he mentioned in that video

not even the "get off twitter" thing

He never even started writing it.

He should've followed the Zoe Quinn guide to Patreonbucks.

lol @ these patreon updates. this is totally a scam.

to be fair, Sup Forums started warning people about him 5 years ago

All he had to do was make 1 review a month and his fans would have been happy while raking in the shekels.

Patreon rewards are a big vague. He could claim that since his patreon rewards are nowhere near 5,000 dollars, he has no obligation to work on a "movie". He could argue that he only has an obligation to do that when his patreon is that high.

That being said, I don't think he gives out ANY rewards. At all.

That's $1500 too much. Those faggots need to look at where their money's going.

Spoony's site went to shit when he disabled the comments on videos.

(but I guess he was forced to since he started producing less videos and the fans were getting more critical in the comment section)

Someone should send him this thread

He needs an intervention

too late for that

twitter.com/oreoantwiler

This. Dude, knows his market and keeps a decent schedule.

Sometimes I just think he's a lazy spaz, but things like that REALLY make me question his sanity. He's so god damn weird.

I don't know whether to be appalled that he's still made posts on it all the way to this year, or commend him for only doing it every now and then, as opposed to before.
What is he going to do when Oreo dies?

I can already see the hour long documentary covering April's Murder.

Even if you don't like Frustrated Fernando he at least justifies the money he makes by actually making shit

Spoony basically gets paid to tweet

Oreo's not that old is she, but then I probably stopped watching spoony almost 5 years ago.

Making an Autist

If April leaves him he will be emotionally DESTROYED.

Back when I still checked Twitter I remember following Spoony and ten quickly unfollowing him a few days later

Fucker tweets WAAAAAY too much, and also tweets about fucking wrestling all the damn time

>tfw you finally make more than Spoony in a month

That would definitely make him go on a rampage.

Honestly, Scarlet leaving him is what probably destroyed him.

I don't think April will leave until the very end of his profitability, because, unlike Scarlet, she's just as insane as Spoony.

She could really do better, frankly

I mean she's not that much a catch but holy shit girl, have some self-respect

I've always found him genuinely unlikable, even when I used to watch some of the people from Channel Awesome he stood out as one of the least appealing to follow

>but holy shit girl, have some self-respect

That's the thing. She seems to have none, and lets people walk all over her.

Again, insane

Seriously why of all places did he move to Chicago. I am a suburbanite, found work there but he works from his computer. It seems so stupid for him to move to Illinois particularly because he has no facilitation with Douge anymore. It's over priced, the city itself is a major shit hole, and the burbs suck, Go move to a country town with decent internet and pay next to nothing on property taxes.

I think April lives there, and they bought a house. Or put a mortgage on one at least.

But yes, they're internet people so they could make their content anywhere. They should choose the cheapest places to live. Canada would be great. Get Patreon in USD, live in Canada for a 25% free extra money. Or even Poland or something.

>Canada
>Cheap

Where, the Yukon?

>that tweet
legit cuckoo

Reminder that April revealed Noah used his retirement savings to pay for the down payment. Patreon pays for the monthly mortgage. If he misses out on these he will be financially ruined.

The Patreon money would be in USD and the CAD is worth less. And yes, major cities like Toronto are over priced, but so are American cities. A small town are reasonably priced. I live in Southern Ontario in 300 rent for the ground floor of a house.

I was hooked after his The Thing game review and I went through all his content so fast, was just a lot of comfy viewing.

Inspired me to start my YouTube channel that I've had decent success on too.

Sad that he's gone to shit, should have just avoided women

RIP

Good lord, she needs a therapist.

>I live in Southern Ontario
I live in Metro-Detroit. I hate you guys

He's not going to make it, bros.