Everybody knows this is a fun movie, but is it an actually good movie? Despite its simplicity...

Everybody knows this is a fun movie, but is it an actually good movie? Despite its simplicity, can it be called an actually well-made movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8FFQ_g8OoQM
youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0Xfqkgw
youtube.com/watch?v=8Z9Ismh1elM
youtu.be/ZApkHORprqo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No

I always thought it was bad on purpose.

I just watched it recently for the first time and I think I would have appreciated it more if I saw it around it's time.

Some of the dialogue was super gay, especially when arnold is fighting mac from predator, what that chick says was ridiculous.

Of course it's a good movie. Arnold has never made a bad film. Ever. Not one.

Commando is a tongue in cheek jab at Rambo, Arnold straight up admitted it

Quintessential dumb fun action movie.

>I lied

One of the greatest movie of my childhood.
Adulthood? Not so much.

Fuck YOU asshole.

>no Hercules in new york

>Bennett's shirt is macrame faggot shit and not chain mail

I liked Escape Plan more than Maggie. Maggie was a bit too slow and they telegraphed the ending from a mile away. Escape Plan is worth watching just for the scene where Arnold instigates a prison riot (while being subtitled, no less).

Terminator 3 pure piece of shit
Escape was Awesome

>That run of God tier films

How can anyone else compete?

Absolute Schwarzenkino.

I never got the end. That little girl has never met the woman, and she runs up to give her a hug. How does she even know who she is?

Arnold really is a god

Fuck off what's wrong with Junior

Lad

You also have to give James Cameron, John McTiernan and John Milius some credit for those.

Arnold probably explained the whole situation to his daughter on the way back to the plane.

That's a great piece of dialogue

Yeah true

Arnold knew how to pick em though

>IT'S GOT NOWHEAH TO COME OUUUT
>I WANT MAH LARRY
>I'M ALL WOMAN

Junior is actually pretty funny in its own "How the fuck did this get made" kind of way, but it ranks pretty low on the list of Schwarzkino.

Wrong.

Was Arnold the original Quipkino king?

Maybe in the time after no chance Arnold says, this is the nice lady that helped me get here to save you and will be getting us home.

Not exactly Inception over here.

Commando is a flawless masterpiece

anyone who hates it just needs to let off some steam Bennet

That's Groucho Marx.

>"I wanna dance with you 'til the cows come home! On second thought, I'd rather dance with the cows 'til YOU came home!"

Full length "COMMANDO: THE MUSICAL" when?

youtu.be/8FFQ_g8OoQM

I don't actually remember it t.b.h I just remember liking it when I was a kid kek

It's interesting though because there are SO many dumb, bad, but fun 80s action movies, but Commando is one of those that definitely stands heads above a lot of the others. I guess it is proficient in what it delivers, as retarded as it is, and Schwarzenegger has the presence and charisma to carry it.

Remember when I promised to kill you last?

Arnie had pretty amazing range

>Action
>Comedy
>Drama
>Epics

>when he rips the telephone booth out of the foundation

>I eat green berets for breakfast

Absolute Kino!

>Commando is a bad movie
Get the fuck out of here, one of the greatest films of all time.

GOAT

youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0Xfqkgw

It's really not. The action is great and the ending is actually pretty clever. At least a 5.

>The Terminator is a good movie

I love this meme.

Better than Terminator 2.

Michael Biehn > Edward Furlong.

Arnolds best scene

youtube.com/watch?v=8Z9Ismh1elM

When he snaps that nigger's neck on the plane

>can I have a blanket and a pillow please?

Absolutely fucking flat-out hilarious.

youtu.be/ZApkHORprqo

I certainly wouldn't call it a bad movie, it's exciting when it tries to be exciting and it's funny when it tries to be funny
It's a great campy action movie

>Please don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

>Sue me dick head

I'm surprised the SJWs haven't had the Girl George line censored out.

If Boy George was cool with it, the SJWs have no ground to stand on.

This, even Junior is underrated comedy-kino Tbh

It's a good B-movie

>Gee you made a movie mistake, you forgot to reload the damn gun

Anyone who dislikes Last Action Hero has no soul

It's definitely the least compelling of all of Arnie's good films

Terminator, Total Recall, and Predator are obviously all around action masterpieces, from script to direction to effects.
Conan is one of the only great fantasy movies
The Running Man is ok but has a really fun premise
His comedies have their appeal
True Lies has something going for it

Commando is just sort of plain.

Predator is pure Arnoldkino

>Conan is one of the only great fantasy movies
kys retard

Other than LOTR what are the good traditional fantasy films? Not fantasy as a umbrella term but middle ages + magic stuff

Pure KINO

>when he lands in a swamp after falling out of a plane and gets up instantly

>that was a real fucknin jungle.

consider a re-watch from time to time gentlemen, you're never gonna see something like that ever again.

Look at Carl Weathers' pathetic and puny little girl biceps, how can blacks even compete?

It's enjoyable but no Showdown In Little Tokyo.

Was Maggie really that good? Haven't seen it

How can one man be so GOAT?

the 6th day should be higher for just being good scifi.

That also means Commando is a great movie, it started the action-comedy genre by itself

I totally forgot the deer scene, true comedy kino

You're a funny guy, OP. I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last.

One of them. All this quip stuff is straight up Bond

Commando is the dogs bollocks but for some reason the music in this film bothers me

>it started the action-comedy genre by itself
what the fuck am i reading

>tfw Brandon Lee compliments the size of your dick

>mfw some one says Arnold cant act

Is this is true pleb test?

Well can you name any other action comedies before it?

>Escape Plan
>You hit like a vegetarian

Should at least get a thumbs up, but I didn't like the Mudshit propaganda, but it's alright, Arnold and Sylvester is kino teamup

Action movies with quips and humor existed forever, see everything from Eroll Flynn and Douglas Fairbanks to Bond films. Even Buster Keaton if you want to twist it like that.

But it was never a clearly defined genre like Commando made it.

I have never ever seen Commando called an action-comedy innovator before, I really don't see where you're getting this. I wouldn't call it much of a comedy, just a silly movie

Isn't Jackie Chan the first modern action-comedy filmmaker?

>let off some steeem bennett
I think what he means is it's the first action comedy with cheesy one-liners. Ahnuld started that. Both Lethal Weapon and Die Hard franchises then used them too.

How do you define "well-made"?

Well-made in that it entertains you, is memorable, and its appeal doesn't diminish over time? Obviously, yes. It's one of the greatest movies ever.

Well-made from a technical prospective? Well, no, and that's part of what makes it entertaining. The clearly visible wire on Sully's leg when he's about to let him go; Sully's Porsche that just crashed that's suddenly perfect when Arnold drives away; the soldiers that are clearly dummies when that building blows up at the end; the clearly visible spring boards that launch guys in the air after Arnold throws grenades at them, etc. Visually, it's not that interesting apart from the intro.

It would be a total piece of shit without Arnold, although obviously that goes without saying for a lot of his movies.

He's the most improved actor ever. Compare Hercules in New York or that other film, where he goes 'NAAAAUUUUUGGGHHH THIS IS WHAT BODIES ARE SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE NYAAAAARGGHHHHHH!!!' before killing some poor woman in a fit of creatine rage, to Terminator 2, Total Recall, etc.

Pretty much any of the swashbuckling movies from the 40's and 50's feature the star cracking jokes while fighting bad guys.

This

Arnold made a lot of the films he was in

If I was gov i'd disappear you for asking these questions

True Lies sucked

why is Conan's soundtrack so fucking good?

>Tue lives sucked

Its time to leave user

Last Action Hero really was a misunderstood movie. It was meta before meta was a thing.

>final boss is a pudgy gay guy that looks like Freddie Mercury

Man, Commando was the greatest.

Because Basil Poledouris is based. Dude is responsible for some of the most iconic film scores this side of John Williams.

The best part is that he's calling Arnie old and out of shape while his fucking gut is hanging out and he's wearing chainmail.

The execution of Terminator was complete shit.

>Freddie Mercury
He looked like Danny McBride

most underrated movies?
i would say

>raw deal
>eraser
>escape plan

>Termunator 1-3 were all good quality
>The Conan films were overwrought and Destroyer was cringey
>Commando is a comfy b-movie with high production values
>Red Sonja and Red Heat were just turgid
>The Running Man had its moments. It actually aged well
>Predator wasn't much of a film just DUDE INVISIBLE AYY KILL ME GET TO CHOPPA LMAO
>His lightweight comedies are the worst in Normie entertainment, Twins, Junior, Kindergarten Cop, Jingle All da Way, Last Action Hero
>Total Recall was decent but not great
Everything in between is just ho-hum shit

Of course Commando isn't a well-made movie. Mark L. Lester directed it.

rewatch KG Cop and LAH hated them before i kinda of like them now

It's essentially a perfect movie

Eraser and 6th Day are generally underrated. Red Heat was pretty bad though.

The Running Man tells a better version of the Hunger Games story in 90 minutes as opposed to four full movies. It's a minor masterpiece.