How do you feel about Fleet Foxes - Crack Up?

How do you feel about Fleet Foxes - Crack Up?
I haven't been on Sup Forums since a few months before it came out. I really like it so far.

Pure Comedy is better.

How can one opinion be so wrong?

care to elaborate?

Its good

Unironically the worst album I've listened to this year.

This

Maybe the worst of the decade

fpbp

also these

I like it.

It's great. Dense and beautiful. Just listened to it the other day while reading along with the lyrics and that only improved my opinion.

not good as their first

I liked it very much, it's so buttery and smooth i just love it

you are literally incorrect in this statement

sure it is
>75 minutes of the same song over and over again
don't get me wrong it has highlights, but crack up is way more consistent. there is no song on here anywhere near approaching how terrible a song like "ballad of the dying man" is

Ballad of the Dying Man is literally one of the best songs of 2017. Your opinions are worthless, retard.

>Eventually the dying man takes his final breath
>But first checks his news feed to see what he's 'bout to miss
soooo true! this is 2017 and this guy really captures what it means to live a modern life, such a genius!!

Yet again your opinions are worthless, retard.

>le smug and superior hipster man
>good
BUT HE IS SO LE SELF AWARE THO! HE READ INFINITE JEST, HE IS A BIG BRAINED MAN

fjm fans, ladies and gentlemen.

...says literally no FJM fan

you can keep making retarded posts if you want to

Yet again your opinions are worthless, retard.

fleet foxes fans, ladies and gentlemen.

It's a mastapiece

>FF fans offer a legitimate take on music with a clear point as to why one album appeals to them more than another
>FJM fans spout ad hominem repeatedly
good to know

In every single Fleet Foxes thread, a faggot child manifests and proceeds to shitposts it to death. There's some guy on here who seems to have put it upon himself to stop any discussion of FF to happen. Sad really

hey there's no need for that. yeah it's obnoxious and immature but as soon as we start posting just to attack them, we're no better.
anyways, what are people's top 3 from the album? I can't get enough of Kept Woman, Mearcstapa, or I should see Memphis

Pure Comedy is like a really bad Sun Kil Moon record but with even more smugness and even less talent

desu I still feel like I need to listen to it more, there's so much going on in every song that it's hard to take it all in even after 5+ listens

yeah I feel like I'm still absorbing it, on about 130 scrobbles of it (lmao) but still I feel unfamiliar to it compared to the others. So far though, Mearcstapa, Kept Woman, and Cassius stand out

I've listened to it 47 times (accordingly to my last.fm profile) and I can say it's a masterpiece that is slowly digested

I told my friend I like it but it didn't really make me feel much compared to their self-titled.

He said I was a fake hipster.

Honestly fuck Fleet Foxes fans, fuck indieheads in general.

generalisations like that really just make you look narrow-minded and dumb

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

I liked it, but I didn't think it was great. It felt empty even with the density of the orchestrations. It's not bad by any means, but I don't think it had very good ideas. I liked The Machine That Made Us more as a chamber folk album.

Well the thing is that I'm a music major and he's just some fuck who thinks he knows everything.

The fact is that Crack Up doesn't have a memorable melody. It's nice, powerful textures but there's no White Winter Hymnal or Blue Mountain Ridge, so Crack Up isn't very memorable for me.

If I want texture music, I'll listen to Tony Conrad or John Luther Adams.

To me it feels like one of those albums where they try so hard to be progressive and deep that they forget to make music that's enjoyable on a baser level.

That's a wonderful line though.

I could imagine a countless number of dying people in that same situation. It's pretty scary to think about.

dunkey?