Mental illness thread.. not trap. Actual mental illness. I know most of you faggots are crazy...

Mental illness thread.. not trap. Actual mental illness. I know most of you faggots are crazy. So share diagnosis and treatment and whatever.

Borderline and currently unmedicated..

go to an actual professional instead of Sup Forums?

I go to professionals. I just want to see what other people deal with

Depression and anxiety disorder here.

The meds really help with the anxiety but the depression still makes it really hard to do anything sometimes.

I've found cymbalta to really help with my depression. You should ask about it if you haven't tried it before. Whatcha taking for anxiety? With my bpd they won't prescribe me any benzos for more than a month at a time and it's rough.

I've taken cymbalta for a while it did help but it also makes me a bit aggressive.

Atm I take escitalopram and effectin.

They do decently but I have some things to deal with that make it really hard to get better.

Schizoaffective Disorder, got the strongest pills on the market and I can barely think. At least I don't have insomnia anymore.

Loud and clear. Yeah I've noticed some random outbursts of aggressive from seemingly nowhere since I started it.. idk I look at it as I'd rather be a little quick to anger from time to time than depressed all the time.

What do you take for schitzoaffective? They had me on Seroquel for a little bit but it made me a bit groggy the day after. Now I just get the refills to sleep lol. Them anti psychotics are great for sleep

I am also borderline, 150mg venlafaxine

How is it the mentally-ill fuck wants help/to share his condition with others, but trap-loving liberal shitbirds think they're fine?

Fuck this world.

How's it working for you? I don't think I've actually tried that one..

What? Typically when I see "mental illness thread" on b it's just nothing but trap pics... I wanted conversation, not to jerk it..

I'm a diagnosed sociopath due a series of fires I started at age 8 as an act of protest.

I wanted an individual room in the orphanage I was living, they denied it arguing that those are reserved for the oldest or more problematic residents... and decided to be problematic. Locked the door and started a fire with me and my roomate inside (he was sleeping). I locked to door so the fire got the chance to get big enough as need to call the firemen. Eventually the firemen came, broke the door, extinguish the fire, and I got into disciplinary treatment (school-isolation room where the only thing you can do is homework). One week later, the room was fixed... I was assigned to that room... and also my roomate.

The very same day I did the same. Locked the door, started a fire, etc... just to show how determined I was to get my individual room. 1 week of disciplinary treatment and psychologist later I had my very own room. I won.

Bought a lock soon after (also against the rules).

What's being in an orphanage like? Also. Didn't have to take any fire starter classes? Those are awful lol

Zolafren (olanzapine) is what they gave to me, it's the strongest one in my country

You guys are puss shit. Grab your balls, man up and take depression on yourself. Don't use drugs.
"I'm sad doc, will you give me a pill?"

I forgot to tag you, here

I don't have depression but I don't think it works like that

Oooooo tough edgy guy. Wow through your anonymous post you sure showed me I'm a quivering pussy.

I don't know if things are still like this today (i'm 42), and my experience is based in Spain sytem.

It's more or less like a college major, you got your room (normally shared), there is a dinneroom, a kitchen (were you're not allowed), etc. You go to school... to a normal school.

The singular is the residents. Once somebody is 3 year old, you fall in the category "not for adoption". Often they're children from disfunctional families that lost the "patria postestad", or child born sick that nobody wants (down syndrome) or children from immigrants that died.

Robbery is the first language in those places, other problematic behaviours are a constant too. But the main problem (for me) where the robberies.

Autism and transgendrism here.
fml.

Sadly it's how a lot of people think it works... "Got a case of the blues. Cheer up!" Golly! I'm cured! Appreciate you knowing better.

Borderline can't be fixed with medication. Anyone in the medical community is in denial if they think it can. The best thing you can do is try different things to remember to be good to people, do anything to have calmness in your life and it will make your interactions with others more pleasant. Medication will make things worse for BP, you're right to stay away from them.

Idk if you've seen many movies with orphanages in them. But would you say they're any good at accurately depicting them?

Yeah. I've been told time and time again to go to a DBT group (dialectical behavioral therapy).. I just don't think I'd do well in a group setting.. but that being said I've been to close minded to give it a try

I'm french and it's look like the disease of "escargots". Good luck my friends, it's very hard to survive.

I can't tell if you're being serious. My little sister has both of those things but people tend to just joke so it's hard to tell through text

Chronic depression adhd anxiety learning disabilities. Thankfully all but the learning disabilitie is controlable and that just requires hammering a lesson over and over

Am serious. Officially diagnosed with both.

Ah okay sorry for not taking it at face value.. you know how people are. You go to any pride fests yet? Fun stuff. I got a rainbow flag cape and love it.

You in college?

I think that nowadays orphanages are near extinct in all the western countries? there must be some, ofc, but still...

Mainly, there are families that either want to earn points for a definitive adoption or just want money from the government that blindly adopt the kids. The families are the ones waiting for a kid, so it's a fast process.

This is due the "institutionalization" (I hope I translated that well) is considered a big problem for the education.

So you're basically in a family that didn't choose you. At this point you're not legally adopted though, this a longer process (years). You can't be adopted with a family that didn't go through this process (with you).

pyromaniac and masochist.does it count?

I have another from this set

BP is a social thing really, so no wonder you don't want to go to a social setting.
Ever think maybe it's just nature's way of telling you people are fucked and stay away from them? Like you might be fucked, but everyone else is fucked in a different way too. What kinds of things do you enjoy/are good at?

What does "rating" mean in this instance?

Yeah Borderline Personality Disorder isn't a social thing though, in terms of personality disorders.
Also, meds are not indicated for the treatment of BPD, but may be useful in comorbid depression as another user mentioned.

I hope you get help and medication soon user.
People with borderline personality disorder scare the everloving shit out of me, I've dated two people with this and it really sucked.

>BP is a social thing really
You know nothing.

I've been in a relationship with someone with bpd.. 2 people with bpd in a relationship is the most volatile thing I've ever seen. Yet I still think about her daily lol

I'd like to go to college for computer science or computer engineering. have loved computers since I was young. Currently my life is pretty stagnant. Avoiding people and just learning from my apartment. Working from home and keeping to myself

I've kind of decided on not getting romantically involved with someone with bpd after those two.
That shit was just too fucked.
How fucked did things get with you and your ex?

Well I'm right.
Prove I'm wrong.

Yeah. I mean I can fully understand how someone would think it is a "social thing".. I could see people thinking that about a lot of personality disorders. Also yeah medication doesn't help my bpd. But valium does make me be able to deal with anxiety and helps push me in the right direction. The anxiety being the cause of the anti social behavior of course

>Borderline and currently unmedicated

I have Borderline as well and epilepsy as a bonus. Apparently I have a low seizure threshold and the medication I take pushes me just over the edge. So I also have to take anti-epileptic drugs too.

I take:

>Venlafaxin
>Quetiapin
>Lamotrigin

Doing a lot better though

I mean sex was amazing. But it always had to involve some sort of bdsm. Usually cutting each other and licking the blood. We would constantly cheat on each other and lie about it. We got along perfectly as we have the exact same personality. But when one of us would get a fear of abandonment.. hell would break loose. We wouldn't hurt each other physically during arguments. We would more of try to force ourselves to abandon each other so we wouldn't be abandoned. Itd happy every few days and would last a few hours ending with everything going back to normal. Controlling each other and everything each other did

That's rough. Does epilepsy effect any aspects of your bpd aside from having to have a cocktail of meds I mean

That sounds super stressful, didn't you just exacerbate each others anxiety?

Schizoid memes here.
I've been on ~7 different meds. They dindu nuffin.

Oh yes. Constantly. Honestly I'm not someone who fully understands how my own condition works. But no matter what we would be inexplicably stuck together. It's an attraction I know we both still deal with and try to avoid contact if possible. We would constantly be paranoid and anxious about each other's actions. Constantly going on the other person's phone to try to catch them but we would both be cautious and hide anything. We were careless and hurt anyone that tried to help us and tell us we were bad for each other. Also thank you for asking me about this. Very nice to get it out there.

Social anxiety disorder, depression with psychotic features but I realized over the last few years I think I'm a legit Aspie/high functioning autism, never officially diagnosed with it though. Been on every medication under the sun, Benzos, Anti-depressants, Anti-psychotics, mainly Serqouel and Mirtazipine.

Yeah.. sadly most anti psychotics are designed to numb you... Someone needs to make better meds.

Well it is a thread meant for this, so I thought I'd ask pertinent questions.
It's also kind of me trying to figure out why my exes behaved like they did.

I only ever took one anti-psychotic. I don't recall it having lliterally /any/ effect, good or bad.

Yeah. I know the pain of being put on everything. Seemingly pointless and nothing working. And if something DOES work it's usually short lived and stops working within months. I'd pay a lot of money if someone made a benzo like med that didn't have the horrible side effects and tolerance growth.

According to the experts i've been diagnosed with Autism, Bipolar and borderline personality disorder.

I am a mess I suppose.
Just off Olanzapine, that drug is terrible.
Going to a psyh next week in hope to get someting better.

Man Suicide is just consistent thoughts.

Honestly if you tell someone who doesn't know they have BPD the almost always childhood of someone with BPD. They'll be amazed that you know their childhood so well. It's not ALWAYS the background of someone with bpd. But a lot of the time it's on the dot. I thought that instead of a background for a diagnosis they were telling me just about my childhood and upbringing (only posting a picture because my app is saying I'm trying to upload a file and maybe actually doing it will fix this)

It's not worth it.. been in and out of hospitals for attempts and whatnot. I've finally actually accepted the saying "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem" I believe that it DOES get better. Personally it hasn't yet. But I can have some hope that it does. Hang in there man. You're not alone.

Yeah it's what my exes told me about their childhoods that is part of how I recognize other people with bpd. There are certain ways they behave and react to the world that tips me off as well.
I can usually hang out with them just fine, but I never get to the point of flirting with them.

>Does epilepsy effect any aspects of your bpd aside from having to have a cocktail of meds I mean

No.

Probably for the best. Its a lot of work to be with someone with bpd as you probably know. And yeah it's really easy to identify them. You can almost always be certain there was neglect or abuse in their childhood. As well as probably 1 parent or less. Usually we become sexually active very young (I was 10-11) and had a lot of sexual partners. Those are the huge red flags you can see right away. I haven't been able to find any study or actual facts surrounding it but from my experience people I know with bpd usually get sexually aroused by almost any fetish. It's pretty bad. I wish I could find some documentation on it. Currently I feel like it might just be the few people and I that I know with bpd that have that problem.

Aspergers, adhd, depression and dyslexia.
Socially retarded can't have a worthwhile conversation with anyone and I am unable to be in public or be around people in general because of panic attacks.

schizophfrom or whatever.

I feel you man. Again. I swear by valium for being amazing for helping with socializing. Sadly. Bad medication for long term use. Might be a stupid question but how does dyslexia "work" for you? Like how do you see letters and numbers and anything else that it affects

Yeah, being with someone with bpd was just too emotionally exhaustive to me, that combined with my stress induced social anxiety just isn't a good mix.
I usually spot them within the first 10 minutes of meeting them, if they're dating one of my friends I make sure to keep an eye on how they're doing, just in case things go tits up.

It's not an if really it's more of a when lol. But that's nice of you to keep an eye out for friends. I hope they know about their condition. I wouldn't want to have to force someone to deal with my shit unless they know what they're in for.

Bipolar type II
Mostly manic episodes 24/7
Occasional crippling depression, thoughts of suicide.

Tried taking Wellbutrin in the army and it made me a zombie. Stopped taking it.

Now I just "man up" and deal with it.

I'm not a victim, I don't need sympathy, and I sure as fuck won't use it as a crutch not to manage my responsibilities.

Respect that. But I hope you don't think that medication is for the weak. It's here to help. Don't get me wrong. People use and abuse meds because they're lazy and want everything easy all the time. Sadly it makes things harder for people who really need the help.

Well I know how lonely it can feel to be in a relationship with someone who has bpd, so I make sure to be near if they reach that point, so they'll realize they aren't alone.
If either my friend or the person they are dating doesn't mention the bpd and I notice my friend acting confused about what is going on, I try to gently introduce the idea to them.

If im being honest I dont know much about dyslexia I was diagnosed with it a long time ago and havent cared to know what it does in detail.
But I have a hard time mixing up certain letters when writing or reading.
I often forget the meaning of very common words that will make an sentence completly fucked. So you just have to reread everything and its a slow process.

so we are tumblr now? Wow feels an awful lot like summer

Tumblr tells people to just go with their mental shit and not looking for help.
People here are talking about dealing with their shit.
If the thread doesn't interest you that's fine, but if you want tumblr shit, go to a trap thread and argue with people about whether the feminine penis is gay or not.

Major depression being self treated by lsd microdosing. Been doing it since February and it's truly been a lifesaver. 0 depression since I've started and my life has gotten way better without it holding me back.

That's very nice of you. Need more people like you lol. The rapid mood swings are an absolute friendship ruiner too. I've had friends that I'd hang out with and I'd be especially "bad" that day and they'd see me go from a euphoric almost high state to angry to depressed to happy to sad to stupid and ready to make mistakes all within a couple hours and it'd scare em off. I don't blame them in the slightest though. It's hard to keep up with that and alter plans and everything with someone like that.

this is such a meme
but I'm glad to hear it works for you

The board name is random, not random except the things you dislike. Hide them if they bother you.

Mental health is just another fashion statement nowadays.

95% of those who broadcast it publicly don't have it.

Schizoaffective, GAD and ADHD here. Mainly see and hear things others don't, mania, depression, random panic attacks over nothing and forgetting pretty much everything.

Currently on no medication as the side effects are too much.

Also, some bitch my girlfriend knows always goes on about her "bipolar" on social media, we were out one night in front of 6 or so of her friends and I asked how long she'd been on medication for, she replied "Oh like 3 or so years".

"What's the medication called"?

She didn't know, because she's not got fucking Bipolar the cunt, takes it all off of her social media.

Rant complete.

Tumblr is for women, children, and faggots.

I have just one sympton of OCD: compulsive hand washing. Nothing else related to that, but I was them roughly every 10/15 minutes, constantly. If I am in a place in which I can't wash them I bring tons of hand sanitizer and I constatly use it.

Very interested for more information. Dosage amounts aswell as how you function with day to day tasks. Working/driving/keeping your cool so people don't know your tripping. I love LSD as much as the next guy but I'd like some info

I've got a friend with bipolar disorder who functions kind of like that, but we somehow make it work, he accepts me for my way of being and I accept his.
But he is rather good at verbalizing what is happening in him instead of just going with it, so we can kind of reason our way out things as they happen, with very few misunderstandings between us.

Yeah I agree.. I keep my borderline and other problems mainly to myself and close family and friends. I don't broadcast at all. Hell in the OP I only said BPD because when you start listing things people tend to say "this person is just showing their "accolades" of probably fake conditions" it's shitty but media has turned mental health into an accessory. It's awful. Hell even I assume people are faking when they post shit on facebook

Honestly I don't know what I have, maybe caused by lack of a father and being bullied. Anyway.

-keep 99% of my thoughts/emotions to myself
-quick tempered
-super unorganized (wont study for anything, no matter how much I want to succeed)
-pretty forgetful
-self conscious (walking alone makes me feel weird) (reason I'm a virgin, girls have asked me to hang out and I avoid them)
-really good social skills in conversation but very shy
-overly active sex drive
-decently intelligent (understand things within seconds while it takes other people a longer time)

Yeah it's always nice when someone is able to explain what's going on. It's not always easy for sure but it's helpful for people to understand. Years of therapy makes you pretty good at talking about your feelings. Who would've guessed lol

>Borderline Personality Disorder
>Major Depressive Disorder
>Persistent Depressive Disorder
>Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

I'm on an anti depressant, and i see a psychologist for two hours every other week.

It helps but doesn't do as much as I'd like it to

Well it was certainly what enabled me to be more honest.
Cognitive behavioral therapy and mindfulness meditation got me to a point, where I just openly share how I feel and people just relate to me easier.

Honestly you might find some info looking into bpd. My dickhead of a dad not being in my life is one of my problems. I'm not saying it's necessarily what you have but if you look at the background and info on what someone with bpd looks and acts like. You might notice that you fit the bill

Severe Depression
Mania
Psychotic Tendencies
took medication for a long time but they didn't help. Started smoking marijuana to help with depression. Haven't needed the bullshit medication the doctors prescribed to me. Every once in awhile i get waves of depression but they don't last long.

Indeed, all the "mental health awareness" is pissing me off too.

All these people saying how proud they are to be dealing with it are fakers, if you have it the least you want to do is share it with everyone.

The only time sharing it actually helps like you say is letting close friends and family know about warning signs.

PTSD from bad car crash, taking prozac and i go see a shrink every 2 weeks.

>life sucks man

Depression, PTSD.

schizoaffective (the depressiv kind)

But when in mania mode its hard...

No medication anymore to much side effects (risperdal, invega,...)

People with bpd are amazing people to have to confide in about things. They're very emotionally invested in the friends they keep. Personally if I can help a friend figure out something going on in their life I love to help.

Post it then

Yeah. Sadly it probably started with good intention but has become a situation where people with the real problems can't get help.

I have BPD, and i've always been great at giving advice.

Yeah I can see how that would work. I just tend not to because I've already been burned twice.
I can talk about it and give advice, but I don't really make a habit of getting emotionally vulnerable around people with bpd.