Explain this shit

Explain this shit.

Character study of a man's unconscious struggle with guilt and sexual inadequacy.

The final scene is him being executed via electric chair for the murder of his wife

Fuckin sucked ass, dude.

niggas in paris

A working youth on the cusp of real adulthood meets a beautiful older woman, the girlfriend of a dangerous criminal. She wants out of her current life, and manipulates the youth into doing her dirty work for her, killing the men who have abused her. He realizes that he will be caught and that the woman never loved him; the first hour of the film is a tainted wish-fulfillment fantasy, in which his romantic rivals are killed with his being responsible, he achieves a higher level of material success, and he can both possess the woman of his dreams and have an indirect revenge on her for manipulating him and destroying his life.

A cheat

heh watching this horse shit stoned at 15. what a fun time.

TRY TALKING TO MY FATHER LIKE THAT AGAIN AND SEE WHAT FUCKING HAPPENS.

no

sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax sax

Fred is the id, Pete is the ego, and Mystery Man is the superego.

I could write an entire thesis on this movie but rewatch it through the lense of the above statement and you'll learn Lynch's true intentions behind making it.

>"fuck, people think i'm deep becouse of Eraserhead and they hated Dune, i must keep doind complicated shit or else the pseudo-cults will dislike me!"
nah but really, this

>your parents will never name you Balthazar

Balthazar Getty

Actor

Paul Balthazar Getty (born January 22, 1975) is an American actor, member of the band Ringside, the producer-half of rap duo The Wow, and a member of the Getty family. He is known for having played the roles of... wikipedia.org

Born: January 22, 1975 (age 41), Los Angeles, California, USA
Nationality: American
Height: 6' 0" (1.83m)
Net worth: $200 million

DUDE WHAT

No

>first half: kino
>second half: flick

what the fuck was his problem?

he was a chad

He understands that he's tormented by the shadow side of his personality and just thinks it's amusing.

Mental fugue.

It's Memento before Memento existed, mixed with a healthy helping of alternate realities being destroyed by inner guilt.

Just wait til you watch Mullholland Dr, though.

>early on in the film Fred had mentioned that he does not possess a video camera because he prefers his memories in the way "[he] remembers them"
>This of course adds credence to the theory that Pete's narrative was simply Fred coping with having murdered his wife by imagining a scenario in which he wasn't entirely evil.
>Also, the Mystery Man's mention of the method of execution in the East I believe ties in with Fred's electrocution. Perhaps the entire time he spent locked up in prison he reflected on his life (e.g. his wife's murder) out on the "Lost Highway", and when the camera cuts to him for the last time, that's when he's electrocuted
>Also, notice how the titular "Lost Highway" never appears until Fred is locked away and begins fully losing it. This is because it is a conceptual "memory lane" for Fred in a way; a way for him to relieve the events preceding his imprisonment in the form of Pete.

>The highway in my opinion symbolizes the limbo between insanity and death. The Mystery Man's cabin is the gateway between reality and the dreamworld Fred had concocted for himself as a form of escapism. The Mystery Man, being an extension of Fred's ego resides within the cabin, while the characters of Fred and Pete intersect at it like a crossroad of sorts. Fred sort of snaps back to real life in a way once "Pete" arrives at this place. The concept of "Pete" dissolves, and is at this point irrelevant once Fred peers into the cabin encountering "himself" (a.k.a the Mystery Man), which awakens him to reality. The answer to the Mystery Man's question 'Who are you?" is "I am Fred, not Pete" pretty much. But remember, Fred is also the Mystery Man. Notice how him and Fred are "friends" of sorts in the sequence where Laurant is killed- Fred has embraced this monstrous side of himself and no longer feels intimidated by it like he had earlier on in the story. He no longer needs the escapism of Pete- he knows he truly is a monster. With that, he relives his murder of Laurant the way it actually happened, and embraces his death.
>tl;dr Pete is a very much non-existent character created by Fred to cope with his evil, murderous side. He imagines being this character while out on the "Lost Highway"- eventually culminating in the realization he's living a delusion. His final pitstop is at the Mystery Man's residence, where he is no longer ashamed of himself, and fully embraces himself as a murderer.

*Pete is the id, Fred is the ego

not bad

> and a member of the Getty family.

J Paul Getty was an oil baron in the 50s, worth billions