What do you think about psychedelic rock?

Its only a think for stoners or can you listen to the most songs of pf without weed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RHFj06trI14
youtube.com/watch?v=zdPCt5ZEf40
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good psychedelic rock doesn't need any drugs, just like any other form of music that's not shit.

yeee I think so too but have i ever listen to bands such pink floyd or doors on drugs? Sometimes I think this kind of music make more sense with drugs.

you *... damn high af sorry bro

is this the cringe thread?

No, that is your warped perception.

Music doesn't have to "make sense", but if it doesn't make sense normally, it certainly won't make sense if you alter your consciousness. You might feel that you understand it differently on drugs, that's understandable.

Nothing in Pink Floyd is even remotely complex lyrically, and the only lyrics of theirs that don't "make sense" are the nonsense lyrics in Piper written by an actual madman tripping balls on LSD every day

I personally don't enjoy """drug""" music when stoned

With weed I like to listen to slow and minimalist music

Psychedelic music is too busy and confusing for my stoned brain

I still like psychedelic music quite a bit, despite my desire to quit drugs. Well, given my previous experience, I tend to want to get high every time I throw an 'immersive sound world' kind of album on. It's unfortunate, because it's great music, but I'm stuck listening to 80s pop to avoid being moved too deeply.

What's some essential wild psychedelic rock? My favourite psychedelic rock album so far is The Crazy World of Arthur Brown

I haven't done a drug in a long fucking time and I love a lot of psych rock.

You'd dig on Hawkwind. Check out the first five albums. But don't try to pigeonhole yourself into what you think you'll like based on things you already listen to. Just google "psych rock essentials" or "obscure psych rock" and take a gander. Acid Mothers Temple doesn't get NEARLY as much love as they should. Can't believe they still tour at their ages.

youtube.com/watch?v=RHFj06trI14

Mmm i don´t mean the sence at this way like a book or a news make sence. I mean the feeling you get if you listen to songs with a lyrics that can make sence in many ways. Hope you understood what I mean. Its difficult for me to describe but when I listen clean to some songs I don´t think about the songs like I do it on drugs.

The Brian Jonestown Massacre

Yeea I know what you mean. But its not a problem if you listen to some albums only if you get stoned. A few days ago i listend the first time "The dark side of the moon" without dope and it was a very different experiance and i ask myself thinks like "You know this album really for more than a decade?"

Psych is great and there are a bunch of great psych bands out there making music right now. I don't smoke or do any other drugs and I love psych.

Not even smoke some pot from time to time?

You know Sleep - Dopesmokers? Its a very nice "album", its actually a extremly long song, but i can´t even imagine that people listen to this without weed use.

Nah. Music alone gets me off well enough y'know?

Well I'm no expert but psychedelic is more than just stereotypes.

Personally I'm a huge fan of what Gong and Ozric Tentacles do (the two aren't related though)

thats very cool and thats a think I not hear very often. For me are some albums not imaginable without a joint.

Maybe like once a year, my gf doesn't really like it and most of my friends don't smoke often. Nothing against it, just don't really get the opportunity.

Also this faggot is not me

I feel you man. Check this shit:

youtube.com/watch?v=zdPCt5ZEf40

I'm the guy who linked Acid Mothers Temple.

I'll retract the faggot

Really? When I'm stoned, layered music is so satisfying because you just get engulfed by it. It swivels around inside your head and just unravels, it's great.

this

I believe certain albums are especially made to be more enjoyable while high

But if it's sounds like crap when you're straight, it will most likely sound like shit while high

>wasting your weed on pink floyd
lmao

whats so funny about that? Better you smoke some nice stuff while listen to an internatinal top artists like pink floyd as you waste your kraut on top 40. "music" shit..

I wish I could say the same. Its so hard to get away.

This.

He has a point, guys.
First: if you love a band while not on drugs, prepare to love them all over again while on them.

Second: if you know the people that made certain songs/albums/releases were on drugs while making it, or we're known to do them in the past, taking drugs and listening to it brings you closer to a mindstate that they have been in before....if you know what it feels like to do acid, you may aim to create music that feels like that. Or whatever. If you smoke pot regularly, you may be quite mellow and 'spacey', and create something in the vein of "Us and Them".

If it's good music, it's good on and off drugs.
If it's bad music, you *may* find a way to enjoy it (comedically or not) while on drugs, which may make you appreciate something about it, but not *like* the bad music.

Although I believe good music doesn't need any drugs to be good, I think a lot of good music can be better appreciated or appreciated in a different way whilst under the influence of different drugs.
I know I've listened to countless songs and albums that I never really grasped until I listened and thought about them while either high or tripping and started to find really cool things to appreciate about them. Even if those things may or may not have been intended by the artist/s, they definitely allow me to love music in a different and special way.

Pink Floyd may not be the most complex and "best" music to listen to whilst baked but damn does it sound warm and nice.