Any1 listened to The Knife/Fever Ray?

I'm currently listening to Grimes Geidi Primes album since she's reccommended a lot over here, and the first band I thought of while listening to it was The Knife. Anyone gave it a shot, I feel like the two artist may have overlaps as far as the music itself is concerned, without including lyrics? What did you think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DoH6k6eIUS4
youtube.com/watch?v=JtH68PJIQLE
youtube.com/watch?v=pgfyDlaacz4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i dont think there's that many overlaps, where do you see them really?

Plenty of people like both Grimes and The Knife/Fever Ray. This is great synthpop.

I share the same story as you, sadly Grimes dissapointed me.

knife and grimes have nothing in common besides "synthpop"

knife are professionals. where as grimes is a amaetur using garageband presets

I love Fever Ray, I like The Knife (especially Silent Shout) and don't really care about Grimes.

Stop. Grimes is using Ableton Live + lot of hardware equipment + guitars + bass + drums + ukulele + violin these days. She's more advanced than The Knife.

Also professional or amateur says nothing about the quality of music. You could be a pro like Nickelback and release professional crap.

I feel like many (not all) Grimes fans are retarded. I met a girl who really loves her and she was mostly listen to mainstream rock/metal, buttrock and rap. She was also wearing a shirt with the word "hipster" on it kek.

she used garageband on geidi primes dumbass.

Op here, I didn't say it's same as The Knife dumbasses, I said it is the first thing it reminded me of personally, in my own limited knowledge of artist. Jfc. And btw what's wrong with liking both?

OP, you're on Sup Forums. You can't mention Grimes in a post without it going horribly

Lol thx I guess that makes sense in a way. Either way, ty for introducing me to this folks, I kinda like it.

You're just a shallow dumbass who judge people based on shallow things.

Are you stupid? You didn't refer to Geidi Primes, you said Grimes in general. And Grimes evolved since early 2010 when GP was released, dumbass. She released 3 more albums + 1 EP + lots of extra songs.

I like her music too bud. I hope you'll find some people in the real world to discuss it with rather than the sperglords on Sup Forums

There is nothing wrong if you like both but don't spend too much time on Sup Forums they're gonna kill you slowly kek. And don't be a retard in a "hipster" shirt. Just listen to whatever you like, many people in here deleted their older account on last.fm just to appear like a patrician when they listened to a lot of shit before they get on Sup Forums (probably still are and just pretend to have good taste in music).

I'm sorrry but wearing a t-shirt with "hipster" word on it while listening to the most normie bands ever is just pathetic. It's not about judging, but you're probably her so whatever,

Wut?

Fever Ray > The Knife >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a dog shit >>>>>> Nickelback > Grimes

Ty, I'm not planning on spending too much time here but who knows. As far as "hipster" shirts go, I wouldn't bet on finding one even if I wanted to, since I'm from Serbia, but I do hope I'll run into people who like the same music.
I'm just getting to know people on Sup Forums since I mostly orbited Sup Forums and video games (ye I know that doesn't sound good), sometimes Sup Forums and /lit/, but ye I'm not the most experienced about music, I just try to stay open about it. God bless

That's ok, I don't know shit about video games. I'm just mostly into music.

As far as the album goes, "Rose" seems to be the only master piece on it, rest is fine but for w/e reason I find it kinda lacking on something, like if there's a certain instrument or something missing, it basically only gives me a "feel" of some sort, but the tracks don't seem complete to me for some reason (maybe that was the intended feeling, I haven't looked up lyrics yet, maybe they're yet to grow on me).
Venus in fleurs is kinda ok too, though short, but I have yet to listen to the whole album lot closer (and lyrics too, I really put a lot of emphasis on that for w/e reason).

call me when grimes makes a good track like this
youtube.com/watch?v=DoH6k6eIUS4

That would need talent and she doesn't have any. All she has is three NEET on Sup Forums spamming threads about her all day everyday. Oh well

Ye Knife always get's me high every time I listen to them. Bad desire, baby I'm on fire...Always have a problem finding stuff as good as theirs later on.

You're trying way too hard. You're still a pleb with that shitty ranking.

She already did: youtube.com/watch?v=JtH68PJIQLE

Full of Fire? More like full of shit. Silent Shout was so much better than that Shaking the Habitual meme album/

t. numale who thinks he's patrician

>she doesn't have any
Proof or GTFO

here's the (you) you tried so hard to get, grats user!

lurk more, you're embarassing yourself

Ye heard that track just before checking out the first album, it's pretty great.

>numale
>expecting to be taken seriously
Take your dumb buzzwords and shove them where the sun doesn't shine (on you), plebster.

No, you

(you)

you have no idea what grimes is
youtube.com/watch?v=pgfyDlaacz4

Tons of people don't like actual good music, you're just one of them. There's no shame in that :)

"like "like" "like" "Like"
thats all she says

Wouldn't say they're all that similar myself, but I like them both (Grimes a good deal more though.) To be fair my order of discovery of these artists was Fever Ray >> Grimes >> The Knife, and I can't help but feel like The Knife is just a watered down commercial friendly precursor to FR.
Wish there were more Fever Ray albums desu.

>using the meme term 'buttrock' unironically
>expecting to be taken seriously

>using the meme term "meme term" unironically

What's your phone number?

>thinks he likes actual good music
>shitposts about how "grimey" is goat
Oh the irony

Troll logic.

Like, vocal fry, like, like, vocal fry, like, like, vocal fry, vocal fry, like, push buttens, like, like, vocal fry

is this Sup Forums?

Grimes is actually amazing. You're a mere pleb: I have no expectations from you to even understand one of her songs. Stay pleb.

Are you okay? Do you need a moment to yourself, user?

just repeating grimes :)

Does that mean 'yes'?