Hey Sup Forums I've got a question to the males on this board

Hey Sup Forums I've got a question to the males on this board.

Do you cry? If so, how often.

Because a few days ago I had an emotional breakdown, and it was first time in about 4-5 years that I have cried, and I don't know if it is normal.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=fzQ6gRAEoy0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I only cry when something personal happens
Not when I'm hurt

Crying is okay for men, it releases much stress
We don't cry that often like women because women are more emotional based and we're not
But we do have feelings
It's totally okay and normal when men cry if something happens like death or failing in society which leads to depression

I cried when my grandfather passed away. The last time before that was when I was under a lot of stress and didn't get accepted for an apartment I applied for. It's pretty infrequent.

I'm a fairly emotional guy so I do actually cry some times over things that aren't real. I've picked up watching anime around two years ago and my preferances mainly go in the direction of very sad or beautiful concepts.

So yeah, every now and then I do find myself crying and I feel good about it. I'm not doing the vegan thing and go out telling people I'm a dude who does cry, but if it ever gets to the topic, I'm proud of having emotions.

I can't really talk about physical pain or losses (been a while with losses but I've cried about losing the two grand-grand parents I came to know still), but my lofestyle doesn't really net me any injuries or accidents to be honest. I'm not the fat fuck that wastes his days at home exclusively, but I'm rather safe than sorry.

Prolly should have mentioned, I'm 20

fag

Don't worry I'd say, seems normal.

Its good for the body to cry and laugh.
Never feel ashamed to cry.

I cried one time when I was like 15 for no reason.
>playing halo 2 with friend
>having fun and chilling
>get hit with sadness like a Mac truck
> go to bathroom to try and get control
>end up on bed bawling like a baby back bitch
>friend comes in room and tries to figure out what's wrong
> he ends up leaving
>never talk about it again when we hang out
Idk wtf that was about, I wasn't thinking of anything sad. It was like a dam broke and I was just along for the ride.

OP here,
Thanks for the responses, well as i read from your responses it's normal to cry after something bad happens.

Well my problem is, that I don't even cry then, it takes a while and a lot of stress, and than, every few years I have a breakdown.
The last time before a few days ago I cried, it was after a rough year where 2 familymembers died, but it took me 4 months to the breakdown.

Something similar is with anger, I normally don't get angry, until some day I'm boiling.

Now I'm thinking about talking to a psicologist about this.

It's cool to cry but try to not do it in front of God and everyone. You don't need that stigma hanging around you.

Puberty, hormones taking over.

I've had no such breakouts but looking back I was pissy all the time when I was tired (which was almost all the time), so my parents eventually ignored me when I got up to get breakfast, which has changed now that I'm older.

I've also generally taken offense by getting annoyed at stuff my mom does faster. She's still annoying as fuck at times but it's gotten better. I'm 20 and can't afford to move towards my apprenticeship until I've actually finished, rents just too expensive

Well it's not that I don't want to, it's just that I don't do it, I feel terrible and all, but real crying is very seldom. If i feel really terrible i sometimes start laughing really hard, but crying only on breakdowns

I am freshly graduated from high school, large set 6'3 240lb male. Sometimes I suffer from light depression (I say light because I feel like it can get worse) from various factors in real life such as certain interactions with certain individuals, or events happening like long term hospitalization of a close family member and even death.
I called out to God for the first time in probably 3 years while banging my head against my wall yelling in pain and tears. I think he mightve answered.

I guess that could be it. Never happened again. But I've had mood swings sometimes for no reason and be pissy like you said. Luckily that's stopped some years ago.

Also I cried at the end of The Sixth Sense and Interstellar. By no means am i a Trapfag or girly boy, I played football my whole life and enjoy cracking open a cold one with the Sup Forumsros as much as the next guy, but I have a certain soft spot in my feels.

I've come close to crying sometimes but the feeling goes away as quick as it came.

Talking to a psychologist could get you somewhere.

My attempt on advise would be finding release somewhere. I do actually never really get mad (got bullied at school a lot and tried to smack someone's face on two occasions though despite being basically a pacifist), but I do get some relieve in that regard when playing CoD specifically. It's fast paced and for a lot of people fairly easy to get mad for choking, there's probably other, similar activities who don't have a thing for that.

As for crying, I'm the anime guy from above. I suppose if you could find something that touches you without being super depressing or needing a person near you to die, you could perhaps translate from crying over something that you wanted to make you cry and just let out some of the other things as you go.

Since I know nothing about you all I can do is assume there could be parrallels between the two of us, so if you want to try/see my still foolproof method, I've recently found a short clip that's actually a music video with an anime-esque video to go with. The song isn't bad so I even downloaded it afterwards, but since I know what the pictures to go with it and the story are, I can still not listen to the song on the car because I start crying basically out of reflex (I was crying like a bitch the first time I saw it).

This is Shelter: m.youtube.com/watch?v=fzQ6gRAEoy0

Make sure to watch the whole thing if you give it a shot, the ending is what makes it so good. It's just 3 minutes anyway

You are now gay, you must lobotomize your right brain now or it will be permanent

-Worked for me

Im the same way. Its ok it happens to everyone. Everyone handles death and stress and all the other shit in their own way. Last time i cried was when my dad passed, i cried for a bit before going to console my mom because i thought i needed to be there for her, not her for me.

Interstellar was brutal. My Girl did it to me too, and I watched that in high school ssurrounded by classmates. Embarrassing.

Well it haven't worked for me, but might have been because I've never really got any emotional touch out of animes (it's just not my kind of media)

I've often tried to search for something to make me cry (everytime I feel terrible) but I've never found something that worked for me.
I guess one of my major problems is also that Laughing is my main coping mechanism, so I rather laugh when I feel terrible

PROBLEM‽
...AHAhahaha

once a week, sometimes more

It gets really akward when someone tells me something sad, when a friend of mine told me about someone he knows who gave birth to a cripple, and I had to start laughing

I can almost never cry when I feel like I actually need to, but sometimes I just randomly cry for seemingly no reason for 15 seconds and it stops. It's rare that I actually cry because of anything specific. I'm 25, male.