Xth for lags trading away their heart

>>using an outdated USL logo

Fought and Won

>Perf

forgot pic

>Sooner

>the shithole of Ohio

sorry, but literally who?

reminder that nobody will ever take soccer seriously in Australia in your lifetime or in your children's (kek) lifetime

wow, rude!

Honest question. How well would a combined Russo-American team do internationally?

>image.jpg
there's your (You)

Trump pls

>tfw closest fc is dallas

Not much better, we're arguably the better national team and MLS will surpass the Russian league in 5 years

I am looking for cities in the United States, where soccer is the most popular sport, and where Major League Soccer (MLS) is the dominant and most popular professional sports league.

Would you help me?

heno jets
helllo u STINKY JETS
go be irrelevant ugly

Look for the states with the most mexicans

>Would you help me

Quit shitting up the thread, friendo.

What will 2017 bring, user?

The death of the NASL, Atlanta United making the playoffs, Another Sounders championship, and Anchorage being awarded an expansion franchise

>Anchorage
>Population 30,000

I'd love that too but let's be real here.

>perf

More of the gold stuff

>you can call me sawker

>beer

YES

>tfw no qtpi Alex gf

>the state of Nicaragua

Who was >our team again? I think it was Panama?

Today's schedule if anyone cares. Panama time is the same as EST

Fuck me, I forgot to attach an image

>back home everyone knew my name, not here in america
>but now they cheer it

>my name? you can call me sawker

>At last, I finally have become Heineken Presents Sawker

Fuck off with your autism, Fernando.

>im an american now (in the most stereotypical speedy gonzalez accent after having spoken good english the first 29 seconds of the commercial)

>NASL
>USL

Why don't you faggots discuss the superior NPSL?

Is this the one with or without Canadian teams?

>lower league shill is back
prepare for full blown autism

what the fuck is Liverpool doing in the middle of Texass

NPSL is how the sport will grow in the US you dumbfucks

They're tied to the most elite youth clubs around the country and continue to develop the players into their early 20s developing a strong lifelong passion for the beautiful game

>Mfw without the NPSL we're just going to be left with Football and Mixed Martial Arts

Why the fuck do you guys divided leagues like NFL?

what

MLS, NASL, NPSL...

Because MLS is owned and ran by NFL guys.

So it's decided which teams from which leagues will play the continental championship?

>how it's

fix

they are coming anons, they've prepared to jump from the dying NASL and become a true MLS with a new owner and rebranding, are you ready?

I doubt this if the 28 team cap is set in stone

you ask this question in every single thread on Sup Forums, even threads unrelated to the sport

MLS is D1 and is the only league that sends teams to play in CCL.

USL wants to be MLS' minor league, NASL was ran by shitheads and that league will probably fold, and everything else below that is semi-pro

Wait I forgot that if you win the Open Cup you get a CCL spot, but no lower league team since the 90s has won that.

Its a pretty rigid system, its why most purists and foreigners hate it.

Seems too overlycomplicated.

Why not adopt the worldwide system?

>inb4 cuz 'murica

Murica is the only excuse I got. After the first NASL collapsed, our entire league system has been chaotic. We didn't have a first division until 1996, and our lower leagues kept folding until very recently.

USSF/MLS decided on a closed system for stability(and money) reasons.

MLS won't stop until they have at least 30 teams, bank on it

who designed this crest, it's awful
go back to being the RailHawks

So basically lack of interest from the teams?

Murica too big. East coast teams are already at a very real disadvantage playing on the west coast and vice versa because of jetlag, so they try and minimize transamerican travel.

MLS wont stop until it goes under. Team "registration fees" are the only way the league stays solvent, it sure isnt because of their ticket sales or tv coverage.

Lack of interest from the media and fans more like

you're probably right, I think the 28 number was shite the minute it left their mouths

I think it'll take a lot getting used to but if the NASL really does collapse and fold the only team with the old name will be the Carolina RailHawks NPSL across town. Plus I kind of like these colors over the orange and blue

That said, why do so many of the original MLS teams (NE, SEA, POR) have unique names like Revolution/Sounders/Timbers, but newer teams like ATL/D.C. are just "Football Club" or "United"?

Its all about money and stability. If Shitcago actually got relegated they would probably fold. Lower leagues don't make money, and neither do about half of the MLS teams.

Anyways, we might see some limited pro/rel if USL and NASL actually merge, but thats about it.

the old names are holdovers from the zany 90s where people could unironically think "mutiny" and "wizards" were good things to call a soccer team

since mls almost folded in the early 00s and then began to expand again later in the decade, the fashion was less for "soccer, the hip new american thing" and more like "football, the sophisticates sport like they have in europe". so everything is named euroboo style now instead of being named like a reject nhl franchise. its retarded but what can you do

don't let mls owners fool you, most of them are barely spending any money on their teams, the league handles most of the player expenses outside of DPs, Garber has just perfected the false scarcity tactic in making it seem like MLS teams are worse off than they are as to keep player wages and expenses down

they know they can sit tight and let their franchise value steadily grow because domestic soccer is pretty much on an irreversible path now

We're too big as well and yet we have no problems.

But lack of interest explains a lot.

I see. I hope it grows and you ppl from north grow some balls and start playing with conmebol.

correct me if I'm wrong but almost the entire population of Brazil lives in one time zone, right? so even though the country is big you dont get the knock on physiological effects of circadian dysrhythmia from flying through most of it

Also, I basically only know about Brazilian domestic football at all from Tim Vickery so again I could be completely wrong but didn't Brazil use to have regional league competitions before the modern league?

True, but teams outside of it still pays with everyone.

Honestly i have no idea.

This is, for whatever reason, a very American sentiment

When Vladivostok was in the Russian Premier League, they played the same schedule as everyone else despite being what, 5 time zones away from the rest of the teams in the league?
Most of the rest of the world just tells teams to suck it up in the face of natural disadvantages

Obsession with equality/a level playing field. same reason they have player drafts

I'm hyped desu

>Soon

>No one has used this picture as OP
We have let ourselves down /mls/

lit

nice

>Still thinking the next two expansions will be anyone but Sacramento and Cincinnati

sac I'm good with, cincinnati i couldn't care less for. guess it makes sense to keep things even.

>MLS wont stop until it goes under. Team "registration fees" are the only way the league stays solvent, it sure isnt because of their ticket sales or tv coverage.

False. This was the old NASL's business model in the 1970s/1980s, every time they ran out of money they'd just charge another $150 million for an expansion team, run the league for a few more years, then repeat. This resulted in too many teams and a collapsing league, hence the death of the NASL in the mid 80s despite record popularity for the NY Cosmos, the only team anyone gave a shit about.

The current business model is more sensible, expansion slowly, nurturing the teams they already have. Fans DO come out to games, and markets are selected based on that (in nearly every case, expansion MLS cities have already proven they can support a NASL or USL team). Meanwhile it's the NHL that has to expand to remain relevant. Soccer is sticking around, haters, let's go to a match and get drunk.

>soon

so between the loons and the nigs, who will be /ourguys/?

loons are obviously the good guys

There are four timezones in Brazil. The majority of population, the capital and majority of big cities are in GMT -3. Some relevant part of population is in GMT -4. The other two, GMT -5 (state of Acre) and GMT -2 (oceanic islands) have low relevance, except when Acre team play in national tournaments.

Also there's summer time in Brazil, but only adopted by states from Center-West, Southeast and South.

Who do you reckon will be LAFC's Designated players?

I'm willing to bet Ibrahimovic will be one

Which team has the best memes? I wanna start following the sport

I guess Seattle, with the whole FIGHT AND WIN thing

The Sounders and NYCFC

>Soon

>unite and conquer
gross

we should guess how many losses this franchise is going to have. at least you'll have the fire a couple times.

>Meanwhile it's the NHL that has to expand to remain relevant
Only part of your post that's untrue
Their owners are just greedy as fuck

I fucking hate buttman

The Jewest

I'd give that to whoever the NBA commissioner is, but yeah buttman is cancer, almost makes me like Garber.

Rate my bold, early, and likely inaccurate predictions

LDWL LLLD LDWD DDLDW WWLW LWDWD LLLLD LW

33 games
9 wins
10 wins
14 losses
If my quick math is right that's 37 points, which would miss a playoff spot

Garber is still the best commish in American sports.
The others are just that bad.

Much like said, I'm pretty sure they're only expanding to test the waters of a pro team in Las Vegas. It's kind of been a taboo thing for a while, what with 1/3 of the population working late nights, 1/3 working early mornings, and 1/3 working regular shifts. But if Vegas succeeds, I bet a lot of other pro sports will look to expand there.

>Cincinnati
>only played one season
>plays in a college football stadium
>no plans for a new stadium
>no academy
>no training facility
why the fuck would they get in over Tampa

Taken from MLS Wikipedia;

>Major League Soccer considers several criteria when determining where to award expansion franchises:

>1. owners that are committed to MLS and have the financial wherewithal to invest in a team,
>2. a stadium or approved plans for a stadium (preferably a soccer-specific stadium) that allows the team to control revenue streams such as parking and concessions,
>3. the size of the market of the metropolitan area, and
>4. an established local fan base.

1. If they are considered in the MLS talks, and Garber has flown in to talk to them, I'm fairly confident they can find an investor (if they need to) and fill the financial obligation
2. They're likely putting a plan together now to find funding for a soccer-specific stadium
3. They have a population of 300k, which is admittedly small, but considering they have a team in Salt Lake City (under 200k), I imagine they aren't too strict about this kind of thing
4. They average about 20k attendance, which is bigger than some MLS teams

>Try Again Tampa FC
No thanks.
Cincinnati has pulled consistent attendance with almost 10k season tickets for next year. I'm pretty sure their ownership group is investigating a stadium, too.

Papa Carl Lindner Moneybags owns the team and is invested in financing Cincinnati to the top.