Tell me about food, Sup Forums. Anything. Facts, random things you'd want to do with it, stories, disgusting pictures

Tell me about food, Sup Forums. Anything. Facts, random things you'd want to do with it, stories, disgusting pictures.

Other urls found in this thread:

honeypedia.info/why-does-honey-crystallize
youtube.com/watch?v=g-uLTTT3BPc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lychee#Poisoning
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A steak must always be allowed a minimum of five minutes of rest to reabsorb the juices

that's all I know

Today a eat an apple

You have to cook your food longer if you found it in the trash.

>reabsorb the juices

it's to allow it to finish cooking

here's some facts:
>if you cry while cutting an onion it's cause the knife you are using isn't sharp enough
>searing a steak to "lock in juices" is bullshit
>don't cut your steak to determine done-ness, either use the palm method or a meat thermometer
>brine your porkchops for at least an hour before grilling to make them infinitely better

>if you cry while cutting an onion it's cause the knife you are using isn't sharp enough
damn

I've shoved all sorts of food up my ass so I could eat it later. Bananas, hot dogs, almonds, you name it.

did it taste better?

It tasted like shit

thanks

thank 4 info

>no shit?

got some more

>when cooking a steak on cast iron or regular frying pan, use an oil with high smoke point (canola is fine) and get it really hot. high to medium high. season steak with salt and fresh pepper and put it on (season steak prior and let it reach room temp) and do not fucking flip or move the steak around til you see it start to brown and curl a bit, this is how you form a crust which is signature of a well cooked steak
>marinate cheap cuts of meat, not expensive cuts
>always render the fat on the back (if cooking with striploin etc)

mostly steak tips but that's the most common meat so whatever

>don't cut your steak to determine done-ness
fuck you are stupid that is the only way of seeing the inside how well it is done, wtf do you use? echolocation? x-ray?
also when you cut an onion it releases some moisture that is in it and in affects the air and making your eyes water, fucking dumbass, the knife can be dull as your wit and it will still make you cry

kek

Always dip your pizza in milk

you are an idiot. i literally explained how to determine done-ness.

also when you use a sharp knife you don't crush the tissue and release the chemical that irritates your eyes

fuckwit

thanks for sharing this tip

Found the mentally handicapped.

Experience for me, I've cooked probably tens of thousands of steaks. I usually don't even bother to poke them, I just know by the length of time they've been on, the heat of the cooking surface, the quality of the steak, etc.

This has been my lunch for more than 2 years. I'm addicted to eating this, I find it delish as fuck.

First, I eat little more than peanuts (yes, I count them).
And now, thats not a not, just like a couple handfulls.

Anyways, then I mix the following:
- very ripe banana (being very ripe is key for flavor/texture)
- cup of oats
- about 1+ tablespoon of honey
- raisins or sliced papaya
- some almond milk to moisten and mix everything up

>YUM AF
try it

yeah same for me. don't bother with the finger method unless i'm cooking steak for someone who likes it medium which is almost never.

just put it on and i can usually tell when it's the rarity i like (pretty fucking rare)

For future reference, OP.

Honey is the only food that never goes bad.

Archeologists have found jars of honey in Egypt that are over 2000 years old that is still safe to eat.

Raw is delicious.
I wouldn't even eat a well done steak.
Or maybe with a ton of sauce.

You must have low ass quality steaks if you won't eat them blue or rare.

obvious troll

rustle all you want, you're incorrect

This butcher I know in Ontario, Canada, has the best steaks ever. Right now I'm in Alberta, and the steaks are still pretty top notch. Those Ontario steaks can be eaten blue rare though, I sometimes don't bother cooking them, I just put a little bit of salt on teeny bits and eat it like that.

too bad commercial honey is not honey but sugar syrup

every brand is

LOL like they had the technology to make honey 2000 years ago

Niggah, it's Bees.

yeah, but who trained them etc? do you think egyptians had the technology beekeepers have today? fucking moron. go back to school

Where in Ontario? I live in Ottawa

yeah same cooked about 20k steaks

Popcorn as well as pizza are tasty

don't fall for this self-advertising

I like you. Your alright

>every brand is
>maybe in usa
because in EU we have these things called regulations

>he believes what the gouvernment tell him

The guy literally just explained what to do

Motherfucking bananas are berries

only if it's cold, also pepper on apples is pretty nice.

Experience
>I've staked around 40,000 cucks

Are you seriously this retarded?

i'm not even the guy you're replying to but if the guy has been a line chef at a busy restaurant for a few years this isn't unfathomable...

it's true?
Watches at $ 0?

I was once the most popular kid in my french class because I made the class blueberry donuts once.

I imagine they're all over the place in the small towns that dot southern ontario. Alas, I don't know the specific name of the place.
Not advertising, but if people like good steaks, it's in the best interest of everybody to share the good locations to keep those places in business.

I'm most likely not going to go, it's just cool to find people on Sup Forums from my province... I already know where to get a good steak in my city

two ways to not cry while cutting onions are chewing gum & breathing through the mouth

ive seen almost if not more than 219,000 naked women on here.

what's your point?

KenM spotted!

you are an idiot.the only time in my life where i saw this 'sugar syrup' thing you described was in the army where they bought us the cheapest stuff available.there is no sugar syrup to be found in european supermarkets.And south european honey is top notch.

cutting the onion releases gas..... wear splash proof safety googles

Pineapple contains a protein called Bromlain that breaks down cells in your mouth.

Absolutely. I've cooked probably thousands of steaks. And I've never cooked professionally.

>steak
>most common meat

God it feels good to be an American.

Rare steaks are best steaks

>literally the fuck
>you can get honey in supermarkets that tell you the exact farm they have collected it from, real honey crystallizes after a while so you can see it from that too

Microplastics found in nature milk.
Some Studys says (wtf!) milk by breastfeeding by pregnancy will +> cancer.
(I dont believe in the cancer story, but the microplastics-thing is a fact, sadly)
Aah, fish, i heared, is the toxied food on earth - cause of heavymetals (not slayer) like lead.. ah and us-fags are the fattest fags in the world.

Soaking them in cold water prior

sausages are more common

Also, manning the fuck up works

Most supermarket honey is made in china.
It's not real honey.

Found op's mom

are you a professionnal honey maker or what

This guy gets it

maybe in the USA.Here in Greece most of it is native or European.i actually have beekeeper friends so i know what i consume.
The worst he told me is that some big scale producers boil the honey and water it down to sell bigger quantities and remove crystallization.

but thats evil

you are all eating pesticides, and you will die a painful and costly death

jacks on you i don't eat fruits

it is.if you know beekepers make sure to buy from them and not from major companies.it will be real honey,thicker and will crystallise in the winter as nature intended it to do.

i have visited couple beehive farms so kinda

that moment when in nordic countries they have just the stickers from what place they came from, and they have to be fully organic or that corp is going down for attempting to poison people

sounds fun

>crystallise
what do you mean by that

honeypedia.info/why-does-honey-crystallize

Getting all cloudy and a few crystals forming here and there I guess.
You've never seen actual honey?

>to crystallize
are you dumb?

it's all produce, not just fruit you fucking double nigger

no I'm vegan

>tfw americans have never seen natural non-gmo,non artificial food
>tfw no face

>it's all produce
what did you mean by that

Maybe in the USofA, the rest of the world will live forever when Aubrey de Grey creates his pill.

Like low tier bread?

double nigger means double the BBC you buttbamboozled little whiteboi cuck nugget :^)

Starfruit, also known as carambola, is toxic and can kill you if your kidneys don't work right.

Lychee can kill you as well.

I'd die for lychee.

As canned peas age they produce a natural anaesthetic called capsaicin.

Fresh peas do not as capsaicin is destroyed by oxygenation.

chicken skin is actually the healthiest part of the chicken.

there is nothing wrong with lychees you stupid fucking bastard nigger, go fuck your dying mom while i watch (yes, i will be masturbating) fucker!

woops, forgot image

Capsaicin is what makes peppers spicy, dummy.

>Tell me about food
youtube.com/watch?v=g-uLTTT3BPc

STFU you retarded cunt.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lychee#Poisoning

Sound like a fag lunch.
Eating the same lunch for two years = autism.
>Autistic faggot

It's also what numbs the nerves when you eat spicy things. It's an anaesthetic.

if you want a great pizza go to sarnia they have a great pizzeria i think it's called Giresi's Pizza Factory