Insane pre-employment hoops

>apply for job
>lowly office position at a hospital
>no exp required, just high school diploma
>didn't even list pay - most likely $9 or 10 which is pretty much min wage in my city
>spend an entire hour on the application
>asks for resume but still had to type in everything manually
>three professional references
>111 question assessment
>one-hundred and eleven questions
>99% chance I won't get called back anyways

This madness has GOT to stop. No boomer would ever go through all of this for even a well-paying job.

bump. you know what time it is millenial friends

d-don't let me die

fuck that shit

I need to find a fucking job though

>three professional references

Lets say I have three people I think would be a reference, but it's been a long time since we spoke. Do you think I actually need to ask them? Do they ever actually check with your references? I don't want to bother them if I don't have to.

this shit triggers my social anxiety badly, even though I'm a competent person and might be highly qualified for any number of positions, I hate the process of having to prove myself to other people

It's not like my job is going to prove to people on a daily basis that I'm qualified, so it sucks that this is what determines if I get the job, regardless of how ACTUALLY qualified I am.

>Do they ever actually check with your references?
yes, its qualifications they don't check unless it's directly legally related like licenses etc

lost out on a job myself because the guy who said he'd give me a reference changed his mind when he got called. fucking cunt.

I know how you feel, it's stupid to contact people that you haven't spoken to in several years and probably don't remember who you are. I just used family and friends with a different last name. If it's a big company with a really bureaucratic hiring process, they probably will contact references. If the manager himself is doing all of the hiring, they may not.

>ost out on a job myself because the guy who said he'd give me a reference changed his mind when he got called

damn that fucking sucks, that's like my worst fear

the whole process just makes me feel awkard

This is why personality matters more than qualifications these days. Even in precious tech positions, a less-skilled Chad is preferred over the brainiac. Companies are becoming vocal about that too.

One thing that sucks is my last job which lasted two years I just worked with my boss. All contact with our customers was almost exclusively done by my boss and almost all of it was email-based.

So my reference is basically just my boss since none of these people will have remembered me.

So that means I have to scrounge through past employers, many of whom probably barely remember me.

>Even in precious tech positions, a less-skilled Chad is preferred over the brainiac.

this shit pisses me off

The hardest part about a job is getting it; it'll be most important for you to improve on the whole process of interview rather than the job itself.

This

I drove a garbage truck when I went to school. $28 an hour so I was stoked on it. I would empty every can in the city by the end of the week, there would be barely any garbage for me to take from cans because I was so on top of it.

The other driver came to work drunk several times, slept during his shifts, texted all day and never worked hard. But he was a funny and likable guy. Everyone liked him.

He got hired back and I didn't one summer back then. Pissed me the fuck off

The less skilled-Chad is malleable. The brainiac is stubborn.

>The hardest part about a job is getting it

fuuuuck why does this shit suck so much

>He got hired back and I didn't

the fuck is wrong with people

I wish our society was built on apprenticeships and craftsmanship being passed down generation to generation instead of the clusterfuck we have now.

I fake it and lie. It has worked for me so far...

I'm getting slightly more comfortable with lying and fabricating my resume. The resume for this particular job in the OP was drastically understated, so I have my real (plus a bit fluffed) resume and a high-school level tard resume. This would be my first time lying big time, so I wonder if this will finally work.

>2 years ago
>in high school
>take ROP class for pharmacy technician
>online tests
>google everything
>pass class
>become registered federal pharm tech
>decide to check out how hard it is to get a job
>go to Rayles pharmacy
>fill out application
>insta interview
>fat lady interviewer
>asks a bunch of questions I bs
>"describe a time when you completed something remarkable with a team"
>fuck
>think back to high school
>took an engineering intro class
>tell fat lady that me and a team developed a new type of bike
>asks what's special
>"it's foldable"
>she's amazed
>asks if we actually built it
>tell her yes
>she goes off
>comes back five minutes later
>"we would like to offer you a full time position, with benefits"
>"cool"

I still work here
Shit was easy

Pharm tech is one of the only skilled jobs that hire as much as walmart or mcd's. my cousin is a pharm tech and has never been out of work.

I went back to school for engineering specifically to get out of this employment hell hole

it's so bad out there it's almost not even worth living in the USA anymore

look at it from the company's pov nowadays jobs get thousands of applicants. They can pick the 1% of the 1%. they are paying these people 5 figure salarys of course they will pick the best.

How do i get a job as a garbage man? Do i need anything special to become one?

>be me, 30
>get fed up of last job 2 years ago
>quit
>rang younger brother on the Thursday
>gib job plox
>start the following Monday
>£145 a shift to drive a truck
>nepotism at its finest

>Want a summer job at NEXT stacking shelves
>Eight page application with CV
>process takes weeks
>have to come in for two interviews
>don't get it

The bureaucracy has to stop, and old people need to fuck off taking jobs that should be part-time for teenagers and early 20s. On the plus side, this just made me start selling shit over Amazon and the pay is OK, about 25 grand a year right now.

so when boss asks you do to 111 things you going to complain about that too or are you going to do what the job requires? This hiring process weeds out the losers.

ctrl v v
Vv
vvv
vvvv
v
v
Vv
v
v
vv
v
vv

Vvvvv

Try getting a state or federal job sometime. It seems fucking impossible. Response time can be months, pre-interview tests, background checks, numerous interviews, polygraphs, and other shit. It's the fucking worst.

Less skillful you are , more tedious the application process is.

If you know any higher ups, CFOs etc, check them out when they are searching for new jobs. The process is almost non existant and companies literally woo them.

If you have to do a 100 question survey you have already failed. tbqh. Even though you might not have a choice

to drive the trucks, just a cdl. you don't want that job dude. for what it is, the pay is not even close to worth it unless you're a driver or working union.

its not gonna stop man, you just gotta get better at getting people to like you. know when to be casual and when to be serious, say enough that you show you have personality but don't talk too much. and most important of all, learn how to deal with both genders accordingly. As a male I can say it is 100% easier to convince a female employer to hire me. At the same time if your employer is a male from a male dominated society, you will have better luck at getting to be buddy buddy with him. Western males are the hardest people to deal with when getting hired. You need to focus all of your attention on improving people skills and don't worry about the actual job, jobs are almost never as hard as they sound.

Yeah, I had a group interview for a job at American Eagle.

Had another one where I was interviewing at a different clothing store in the mall, I had to go through like 3 separate interviews. Shit is ridiculous.

This was like 6-7 years ago. Even my parents were like "Huh? You have to do all that for a job? When I was growing up you just walked in and they talked to you for a couple minutes then they hired you"

dude, apply at a call center, easiest fucking job there is and if you're even half way decent at doing your job, you'll climb the ranks to a salaried position within a year or two.

HR departments are filing cabinets for female gender diversity hires. They're the ones who turned hiring into a labyrinthine gauntlet of bullshit.

>group interview
I thought that was a tv trope. What was it like?

D-do do you have any j-j-j-jobs for Canadians? W-we really could use s-some because winter is comimg and its c-cold. We were g-goinna burn wood b-but the forest burnt down before winter.

Go get a job in a warehouse or a skilled trade or just hard labor. Use your physical superiority and hardiness to make the big bucks.

Fuck being trapped in an office full of gossiping cunts and bitch boys anyway.

>be me
>enlisted 10 years ago
>not bad testing for e7
>got associates
>retire in 10 more years

>quit my accounting cubicle prison box
>want to travel and drink and fuck like a degenerate like my highschool friends did
>find job at the nearest pub and start working after a 5 minute conversation with bar manager
>now doing 30 hours at $30 per hour a week
>get about $250 in tips every week (no tax on that)
So not only am I earning only $5 less an hour from my previous job, but now I have the freedom to take a break for a couple of months to do a bit of traveling.

I am so much happier nowadays.

My parents always make fun of me like im ditzy because I never know wages/hours at the jobs I apply too

They literally dont believe me when i tell them these things arnt listed

professional office work is prestigious for two reasons

1) it pays more than your bullshit job
2) you can do it will into middle age

good luck being 40 years old doing what you do now. you're toast

meanwhile the engineer is working well into his 50s, maybe even his 60s if he can stay sharp

shiiit a whole bike youre hired!

You have to ask them in the interview. Nobody really advertises wages and remittance unless it's a high-value/specialized position.

If you ask confidently then it's also a bonus for you in the interview.

t. shift manager

Is this the new Boomer hate thread?

I've never had a job. How am I supposed to get one if I don't have any references or experience?

Thats why you need connections. I don't know anyone that got a job out of high school or college without someone putting in a good word for them except for some bottom of the barrel shit.

I just gave up.

I can't drive and could never afford all the rigmarole to get a license let alone a car and petrol. Public transport here is horrendous.

Most jobs I applied for in the last year were an hour or longer on a bus. So I made that (usually getting the early bus because times are unreliable meaning a half hour wait at destination) went through a crazy interview where the interviewer kept asking me what I think of his company, why I will be an asset, why I want to work there, followed by me having to assemble a bunch of blocks with the other interviewees and talk to each other and do team building exercises. All in it took about 2 hours then I got a taxi back because I was exhausted mentally. This was for a minimum wage temp checkout operator position for 4 weeks while some guy was on holiday, and I never heard back from them.

I had to do one once. It was for a fucking mexican food chain. Can't remember which one. Me and 2 other people. The lady would just ask us questions and we would each answer in turn. I don't even get the point. I think they just wanted to get 3 interviews done at once.

Similar, I'm a office cuck looking to go into bartending or even serving food. I hear it's a good industry to meet qt girls too.

All my cuck experience is being in an office, how hard would it be to start out just working evenings/weekends?

Have to agree with DLC of Britain here

$250 in tips a week in an Aussie pub? Just from people ordering $9 pints and basically saying 'keep the change'?

4 grand a month for working in a warehouse? Yeah right. Maybe as a manager.

Physical labor is a bad long term career choice. You body won't be able to take it forever. By the time you hit your 40s you are toast.

>professional office work is prestigious for two reasons
It's not though, those people hate their jobs even more I find. The average office worker isn't paid well either. It's all about finding bigger and better opportunities in any field though.

I make almost $30 an hour exercising all day long and have been for almost ten years since just a few years after highschool. I could be a manager in a few years if I push that avenue when the body starts feeling more stress.

The degree meme is such shit though, don't deny it.

250 a week?

In the US you would make that much in a single night at most bars, at least.

America has a very, very generous tipping culture.

>4 grand a month for working in a warehouse? Yeah right. Maybe as a manager.

Bro that's one of my checks for 2 weeks. Granted I'm working 65-70 hours a week.

So I hear.

For non-technical work, the only requirement should be I like the guy and the deal should be sealed with a handshake. We live in the soulless technologically obsessed age though. Beep... beep... must become android... beep... boop... driverless cars are good... thought and personality bad.. beep... boop... norms must be followed... beep boop. Ignore previous attempts at opinion.

$250 in tips in one night for one person? Bullshit. Also remember Australia doesn't have the tipping culture America does.

>Mcdonalds national hiring day
>Show up clean shaven, new hair cut, collar shirt... professional looking
>Look around and see niggers and gagsters trying to apply
>igotdis.jpeg
>getting interviewed by the manager
>everything goes well
>next day calls back for a second interview (real one)
>asks for 2 reference letters
>2
>reference
>letters

Mcdonalds must be really upping their game

>No prior job experience
>try to get reference from teacher
>finally get the damn references
>never get called back

mfw I didn't get the job
mfw got rejected from McDicks

I don't get where people live that they can make that kind of money even at those hours just working in a warehouse. Thats like 30 bucks an hour. Every warehouse job I've seen where I live doesn't get above 15 unless you are management.

My ex worked at a bar in a major city. On the weekends she would come home with 200 bucks in tips. It's bananas.

I'd say just work at a doctor's office, but who wants to hire a male secretary.

I think it'd be pretty tough, since that would be the loudest crowd, no?

I never worked in a bar. Like you, I only ever do office jobs. Even though I get a lot more money, I was always a bit envious of social jobs like being a bartender. You should get out there and do it, because I think it helps you to better navigate the world.

One key to success is to always envision yourself succeeding. See yourself doing what you seek to do, and make that a part of the process of actually doing it.

>1776

GOD BLESS THE USA

> wants an office position
> doesnt want to do tonnes of pointless paperwork

Its not for you

Bullshit? Not even close. Both my sisters are bartenders and thats an average night for an 8 hour shift.

I think the difference is, you get paid an actual decent hourly wage. In the US tip jobs get paid like ass, but the tips make up the difference and then some.

My sisters make 60-70 grand a year off 4 nights a week.

> accept a first job in a company lost I the middle of countryside took me 1 year to find it
> only thing in my life is job no more friends because I moved in cow owned land
> few years later the company I'm working for is laying people offs because of economical reasons
> the idea of looking for a new job already makes me sick
> want to leave the country but parents are old
> because of the way French system works if you leave it's final
> not part of the shitskin free welfare club
> not part of the Jewish free gold club
> hate my current job anyway

I'm fucking miserable

why would anyone do that? thats fucking spiteful

I live about an hour south of Seattle. Sure there are loads of warehouses that start at 10-12$/h but these places expect to attract retards, fresh out of highschool kids, felons, etc. Once you gain skills and get strong and fit enough there are higher level places of employment that expect far more from their employees and pay better as well. I can name 10+ warehouses that start around 18$/h here.

I spent 2 years hemorraging my savings looking for a new job until I found my current one. Its honestly made me go into near panic attacks at even the prospect of finding work. I'm just way too shitty with people to convince them I'm their guy before they hire me. I've got a laundry list of references of people saying im a great employee and shit but I've never figured out how to get that across in an interview.

>hotel has opening for banquet captain
>12mo+ experience listen
>only have 4mo experience as a server/expo
>bullshit my resume slightly
>get an interview
>friendly older asian guy
>lots of responsibilities, paperwork, signing paystubs, meeting clients, shit
>"we're interviewing others at the moment"
>get email next day asking about 2nd interview
>go in, get shown around, meet some staff
>"ok now to meet our HR manager"
>oh fuck
>go into the nightclub
>dim office, big guy with slicked back hair and rings pores over my resume and asks me about myself
>nearly freeze but manage to keep talking, am able to answer everything
>hour later, we shake hands and part ways
>asian guy goes to talk with him
>seems like an hour later
>"we have an issue..."
>oh fuck no
>"you need to shave"
>realize I have some stubble
>laugh it off
>hired
Still fucking hell, I have some really good experience and am usually pretty relaxed around people, but that felt a little grilling

Call them and ask if they have read your application yet.

The funny thing is that as more people go to college the labour/trade jobs actually start paying more because no one is willing to do them.

When the boss can only manage to hire fucking spastics they look after you pretty well.

Eh, thats Seattle. One of the highest average wages in the US. Wouldn't find anything like that around here.

I'd say a bartender in Australia probably gets $25 to $30 per hour with minimal tips. What do bartenders get roughly per hour in the U.S?

I've never known this to actually work. Does it? I've tried it all my life and I don't think anyone has thought I was anything but annoying.

Chin up. National hiring day is literally "day of most competition / not necessarily much need for new hires." Think about it.

GOD BLESS THE USA

Exercise. When all else fails, become a physical specimen.

Congratulations, northerly ally.

No, you ask where in the decision-making process your application is; not "Have you read my application yet?" Lololol

>the labour/trade jobs actually start paying more because no one is willing to do them
Is it just me or does a hi-vis vest + work hoodie + tough workpants + boots look like a more respectable outfit than a suit? It just seems more hardworking

Probably like 5-10 bucks in wage. Then another 30 or so in tips.

Obviously it depends highly on where you work, but pay is usually minimum wage or lower.

>not being a chad so the hr cunts get wet and hire you instantaneously
>tfw 6'2" and /fit/ and personable, handsome and a becky with the good hair
Its like you're not even trying

>references

And this is why I'll never get a job. The only kind of work I've ever done was self-employed/contract work. The "use a friend/family member" method failed miserably when they actually got calls and didn't pick up.

>What is HR
>What is women who shouldn't have jobs doing something to justify their roles
Sack all HR and abolish their entire SJW feminist do-nothing industry

Worked for me I think.
Yeah, say that. That sounds better.

If you show interest for the job, they will put you higher up. Ask any boss.

I wouldn't go that far
Where are you? I bet I could find similar work to what I'm doing for $15-20/h just about anywhere in the country. If I really couldn't then I'd leave

thats just you syrupfaggot, no self respecting proper woman will overlook a decently dressed office worker for a fucking blue collar, bulging disc at 30 years old worker.

Are all HR people in Australia women too?

I literally don't understand how they get hired, what they do that justifies their salary, or anything else. Its ridiculous from top to bottom.

Leaving costs money.

And I said I could get around 15 here. Its the 30+ that I wouldn't never even get a chance at unless I got promoted to management.

I am the worst fucking person ever at interviews. Landed my last job on 30 hours no sleep, jacked 2 red Bulls right before interview. Came off energetic and positive as fuck. Acted confident like I knew my shit, hot slut manager even mentioned teeehehehehe fort Myers is where I used to party a lot, thought wtf that was odd. I got the job. 1 month I lasted before quitting. Had to ask lots of questions, had no confidence at all, could tell they knew they fucked up hiring me. Moral of the story is go to your interview sleep deprived and jacked up on red bull and get that fucking job.

>On the weekends she would come home with 200 bucks in tips.
You didn't kiss her on the lips after that did you?
I mean, phew. 200 bucks, must've been hard on her knees.

You're absolutely correct.

Let me tell everyone here a story of a dying company from someone very close to me.

>Be white, aging male who saves millions of $$$s for companies you work for with your skill set
>Collect comparatively small salary, given experience, but significantly more than 24 YOs that can't do what you do
>Work for smallish business
>Business takes huge cuts - about a quarter of company value lost. Anemic budgets.
>New HR director is hired. Lower-middle-age woman.
>Woman tells you about any new hires you make after the freeze is lifted: "I want you to look for people who have the energy to party and socialize after work. That is what I like."
>tfw she's fucking kids who want promotions

Well I'm only at $24/h after several years of employment, it's the unlimited overtime that many warehouses offer where you make the cash.

Since when is asking questions a bad thing?

I would prefer someone that asks questions to those that just do a shitty job because they don't know what they are doing and are unwilling to ask anything at all.

>10 years, only gotten 1 sitdown interview, only applied to about a dozen positions.

>unemployed, never employed

I guarantee you if you apply to 5000 jobs you will get about 50 sit down interviews and by the 49th one you will have gotten over your nerves.

Being rejected is painful, but you can get over it.

(I couldn't, hence my life spiraling the drain).

>Apply for a job shuffling paper in an office
>Job application expects you to be Thomas Edison reincarnated

This is why you need to network. Most jobs hire people through people they already know. The application process is just a facade. That's why they make it deliberately complex.

>fell for the STEM meme
>every job wants someone with a commerce degree

I should have known all those fucking indians at uni were onto something studying business.

At least rope is cheap.

See, you got lucky

Bartender at a shit beer bar in a bowling alley/arcade/karaoke/pool hall, make minimum (10/hr), plus tip.

However most nights net me only like 85-120 in tips, our company doesn't do credit card tips for some reason...

When the manager and everyone else are lazy as fuck and do bare minimal, then it's a bad thing. The place was a fucking joke anyway.

Its cyclic. Everyone said GO STEM so everyone did, and now its overloaded. Especially when you factor in so many companies importing workers wherever possible. Now trade jobs are the hot shit.

In 20-30 years it'll go the other way. Not that that will save you from hanging yourself.

>turn up for interview
>group interview

Tipping is very rare in Australia, it's just like said. Just spare change really. Not fussed, considering our minimum wage is significant.

If you don't mind dealing drunks and pushy women, it's fine. Just gotta have a thick ski, but having the ability to throw back the banter helps as well. If you can out bullshit your customers, the easier it is.

And yes, I've brought home more than my fair share of women home for a good dicking after work. Not exactly waifu material, but still, pussy is pussy to me.

Just shows you aren't a complete pussy really.

Thanks for the encouragement and wisdom senpai