Kubo and the Two Strings

This movie was amazing, why isnt there a thread about this movie? Am I the only one who paid to see and support good work? Who else saw it? Thoughs and reactions thread

It is without a doubt the most visually stunning movie I've seen in years. The guitar gimmick was cool. It felts like it was designed for adults but catered to kids which threw me fairly often.

>Am I the only one who paid to see and support good work
in the future Mr Shill just post the movie poster with "Thoughts?" in the comment box.

there was a big thread a few days ago that i missed. got to it while it was going down.

great movie, though! some of the most visually interesting stuff i've seen in theaters all year.

Gonna go see it again on Tuesday. Fantastic movie for sure. Loved the behind the scenes timelapse at the end.

>paid to see and support good work
>cartoon
this is why Hollywood wont spit out good movies
Thanks user

Visually, it was pretty great. The story was pretty milquetoast though. Very predictable as well. When Kubo Tries to talk to the spirit of his father he thought was dead and he doesn't appear I was like Oh so his dad isn't dead. The story also didn't really have a sense of scale, it just kind of goes from location to location without much of an explanation. Not the studio's best work in my opinion.

The story itself was rather basic, but it's reminiscent of how you physically tell a story to an audience which is what Kubo did every day until his big journey

I did like how every detail in the story was connected somehow. the ending nearly made me cry when Kubo's grandfather ends up a confused old man who hopes he's a good person

That mingled with the fact that his big journey was the only time he ever really bonded with both his parents before they get taken away and reconciles their deaths by knowing his life on earth is what will make the story of his mother and father live on

and the convergence of the spirits against the moon king. Made me think of my dead relatives

>Rooney Mara

If i wanted to watch autism on screen I'd watch MDE

This movie is trash.

I want to see what happens when it opens in China.

I saw it Thursday, the night before it's release.
>Am I the only one who paid to see and support good work?
I snuck into it after paying to see Suicide Squad, but my mom bought three pairs of Nikes a few days before so I don't feel bad.

what an intelligent and well thought out opinion, you should be proud of it

That was great, I could tell a lot of people in the the theater didn't realize it was stop motion until then

I'm surprised that they had the balls to kill off his parents, twice. Twice and a half if you count poor Origami Hanzo.

It's fantastic

I know that MDE is autistic, but what the fuck does Rooney Mara have to do with MDE?

>Beetle getting stabbed out of fucking nowhere

I saw it yesterday in a near empty theatre. It's probably the best movie I've seen so far this year and it makes me mad how little people are talking about it. I've literally seen no trailers or anything about it on TV.

Maybe I can't count, I count 2 for mom and 1.5 for dad am I wrong

Cartoon are just a medium. You can choose to support good cartoons so in the future they will not be only for children entertainment or stoned comedy.

It's live action though

>Loved the behind the scenes timelapse at the end.
that was so cool

>Only 17 million made
>Sausage party made 80 million already
>if the movie was nominated for an oscar it is destined to lose to Finding Dory

I meant twice as in the two of them together combined.

no press because Laika hasn't had that great of a track record.

Coraline was great
Paranorman was alright
Boxtrolls was terrible.

Parasnorman was fucking amazing, my friend.

boxtrolls was average but forgettable, it did have an amazing villain though

paranorman had a fucking amazing ending but the beginning was pretty bleh.

Had the most interesting start a movie has had for awhile

Shame they swindled his paper powers
The deadly mosquito part seems pointless afterwords due to him never fucking up/using it after making the boat

I was in the theater with a bunch of kids (whom were thankfully quiet). Kids don't understand it. Why does it feel like Americans will never take animation seriously?

It has a bleh first 10-15 minutes but it gets better as it goes.

everyone clap for this guy

DAMN DUDE ABSOLUTE OWNAGE COMMENT BTFO SO WITTY

Ending felt a bit rushed

>Stop Motion animation.

eurghh, its 2016. this looks jumpy as hell.

thats not even Kubo's fault. the dan academy doesnt even watch every movie they're given. they just give Best Animated to Disney every year because its a safe bet and they're all anti-art morons.

>deadly mosquito part
I have no recollection of this