Good japanese cinematography

posted this last night i'll try again, i've been in the mood for a certain kind of film and i just can't seem to find it. i'm going to tokyo in december (i'm not particularly inclined towards the culture or anime, just have a friend who is there so i have a place to live and the flights are cheap), so i've been learning a little of the language and getting excited about roaming around different parts of the city at night, hoping it's going to have a similar vibe to hong kong. kind of want a film like pic related, nighttime, moody, neon, comfy. most of the contemporary japanese films that i've seen always feel very plastic, set pieces are zany instead of dirty, lots of films seemed to be shot in lower-def digital starting in the 2000s, just not the right vibe.

not Sup Forums but something that looks like this
[YouTube] Shin Megami Tensei IV OST - Tokyo - (unembed)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/97GwbI27w10
youtube.com/watch?v=lzKY4mHRaRA
youtube.com/watch?v=tKDno2wyqls
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fallen angels has the most perfect visuals of any movie ever tbqh.

try sonatine my friend, it's nowhere near as aesthetic as fallen angels but it's kind of pretty and it's comfy.

kitano bout to drop the dopest shit ever.
speaking of, battle royale on repeat should be all you ever need

i am japanese
we do not want white man in the country
please do not come
you look as the white of egg but yellow yolk is taste better
you make japan bad place with much tourists
please do not come
i am sorry but i must be truth and not lies as you are told in west of japan

BEST BREACH!

Would be believable if you wrote it correctly

>implying japanese people post here

Chungking Express? Any wong kar wai movie

There's plenty of Japs who post on Sup Forums

i doubt any Japanese director will ever top Kurosawa's blocking.

i meant to ask more if there are any new wavy kind of films that came out of japan that aren't just crazy stupid bullshit, i think the closest to the mood that i'm looking for is all about lily chou chou

i know cinegrids can be misleading but fuck that looks like

word

can you get me a copy of this movie?

bump 4 potential

>cinematography
>no webms
>on a board with no sound webms
heh

can mpv make webms quickly? i'll make a few

OP, I love that sort of neon drenched cinematography. I'm not familiar with Japanese cinema as much as I would like but I'd recommend Gaspar Noe's Enter the Void as having the aesthetic you're looking for.

OP, also, check out this doc on DP Christopher Doyle. youtu.be/97GwbI27w10

i've seen it but yeah that's sort of the thing i'm thinking of, i find a lot of facets of it annoying (the sister in particular ruins a lot of scenes for me) but i wish there were more films that use that kind of floaty camerawork, in particular i've never been able to shake the morgue scene towards the end where the camera is floating around the room and the intensity of the fisheye is changing, it's not a terribly complicated idea but i've never seen anything in another film like it

to be honest it's hard to make webms because kickass was such a reliable way of getting br rips, now if i wanted to it would take a lot of waiting around

motherfucking pleb just use a torrent with a built in search engine or down load BitChe, is that fucking easy, if you have trouble finfing films in -current year- you are retarded senpai, sorry but it's true

I love the photography in that Doyle doc because it's color saturated which is something missing from a lot of the washed out shit photography I see in a lot in low budget movies. The eye is the primary recipient of stimulation and people don't realize that if your movie looks ugly as shit it loses peoples interest.

it would hurt my autism if i don't say it, Fallen Angels is a HK film, a big part of it and Chungking Express is that they are in the busy HK neon lit crampled city

youtube.com/watch?v=lzKY4mHRaRA

op's novel makes it sound like he's been to Hong Kong and wants to know if Tokyo is like that

not OP but finding torrent files isn't hard it's the process of getting some asshole to seed them past 70%, feels like it did a decade ago where seeders for niche stuff were few and far between and you actually had to leave your computer on waiting for them to get back online

There are some Kino(actual company not the meme) blu rays floating around in the US, about $40 a pop though

>ITT anons who think China, Hong Kong, and Japan are the same place

> not the meme
fuck never got it before

youtube.com/watch?v=tKDno2wyqls

i got you bro.