Why do people think Dookie is better?

Why do people think Dookie is better?

most people miss the point of AI
it's not a political album
it deconstructs the punk subculture and makes fun of their own fanbase (and themselves in the dookie era) for being stupid, self-destructive delinquents

this.

people think just because there's two political songs on there that it's a totally political fuck-bush album.

itt: Normie Music Discussion Faggot Edition

>muh authenticity

Dookie had better production and less filler/shitty songs. all in all American Idiot is the superior album, although none of this matters since Green Day hasn't made anything better than slightly above average music

NMDFE get the fuck off my board

The lyrics resonated with me when I was an angsty teen. The album has way less impact on me mow that Im an adult. But I still come back to it sometimes.

literally every riff on this fucking album is a slightly varied version of the riff on the title track. no variation, shitty pseudo-punk

>Criticizing simple instrumentation on a punk album

Because Dookie is actually fun.

American Idiot is admittedly much more ambitious, but does anyone want ambition from a band whose name is literally a reference to spending an entire day smoking weed and wanking?

A little bit of fun is about all you can hope for from a band like Green Day, and Dookie has a lot more of it than AI.

Kerplunk

This

Dookie is still better musically though

I like Nimrod best, makes for fun driving music and nostalgic times of teen rebellion.

Hating on George Bush is so 12 years ago.

forgot shenanigans

Defend time of your life

so Dookie is the best and Kerplunk is the worst?

Dookie is definetelly more fun, but American Idiot is much more ambitions, you really feel like you are taken on a journey with it. Very positive message which does not approve of self destruction or lazy teens.
I don't know which I prefer, they are very different animals, all of them are for different moods, but frankly, I think I like American Idiot better.

I think American Idiot is Green Day at heir best, especially vocals have gotten much better since Dookie.

I thought Revolution Radio was pretty damn good.