They are both hot trash

What music do you like?

Liquid Swords - 9.5/10
The Cold Vein - 9/10

This, but the other way around desu

the cold vein, of course

the cold vein, but they're both 10s

Cold Vein

cold vein but theyre both pretty gay and if you brought either up in a conversation with me then our friendship would be strenuous henceforth

rock

Liquid Swords, if only by a slim margin.

I do aswell, You should consider broadening your music tastes and quit the "Rock is the best, Hip Hop isn't even music" mindset.

Only built 4 cuban linx is the best Wu Tang record

I really can't comprehend why Sup Forums has such a hard on for Liquid Swords.
It's a great album for sure but in the grand scheme of things it's quite overrated.

When Wu-Tang hit the scene with Enter The Wu-Tang it was so decisively groundbreaking that for the next 5 years, everyone was swallowing whole the quasi-philosophical, eastern martial artistry

actually fuck putting effort into making a point that won't get across to you fuckers.

this user is right.

yes

liquid swords is pretty cringe

No. Supreme Clientele is best.

I wouldn't go that far

hmm...

I'll choose The Cold Vein because it's not enough discussed here unlike the shit that is Liquid Swords

Are you implying GZA was biting the Wu Tang aesthetic he helped to create?

word.

I was gonna say that it didn't live up to the expectations it had going for it at the time.
In fact I'd go so far as to say that there was only 2 of the 10 members that managed to put out an album worthy of it's praise when they got their solo contracts
Ghostface with Ironman
Raekwon with Only Built For Cuban Linx

I never liked Cold Vein. Maybe it had to do when it came out and how much I hated backpack rap. I should really give it another proper shot.

Give it another chance. You never know, it might click.

Here are some good tracks from the album

>Iron Galaxy
youtube.com/watch?v=FBJghl_wmto

>Raspberry Fields
youtube.com/watch?v=n4uPGCdUEsA

>a b-boy’s alpha
youtube.com/watch?v=BXWnKBkb70U

>Scream Phoenix
youtube.com/watch?v=m6ara80eZvs

If this counts then i'd argue it's the best wu tang album. Prince Paul and RZA really hit the instrumentals out of the park

Liquid Sword of course.

>it's quite overrated.
why do you think that?

>still sleeping on return to the 36 chambers: the dirty version

see To add to it, it was basically just missing bigger songs. It's overrated because Raekwon set the expectations too high for solo albums after

Not him, but for some reason it became the go-to album for pitchfork type hipsters to speak highly of to prove their cunning in hiphop, I've met a few of the types myself, it seems they've listened to nothing else Wu Tang other than C.R.E.A.M and Liquid Swords. That doesn't make it a bad album by any stretch of the imagination, but a lot of the fandom for the album seems artificial to me. I like laid back and technical rap so Liquid Swords really appeals to me, but it can get a bit samey and also seems to be what makes it a comfortable album for those people not into hip-hop, it's not very in-your-face. Meanwhile albums like only built, 36 chambers/return to the 36, ironman and 6 feet deep come with so many different styles, massive amounts of energy and generally more in-depth concepts.

So it deserves to be rated highly, however a lot of people that don't really belong also put it on a pedestal.

Dirty Version is an ODB album

You have to excuse me, I'm high as fuck and I'm only here to shitpost. Wu-Tang was my childhood.
It was nice having a decent discussion

Lol no problem. Thanks for the answer above, I was expecting to get memed on.
I really like Return to the 36 Chambers, though. I'd put it up there as one of the best Wu releases

>rza literally the only wu tang member involved in the project
kys

RZA is so wutang he might as well count as 5 members on his own. Also Killah Priest is on it

Liquid swords, no contest

Heres a poll
strawpoll.me/13326068
I prefer the cold vein, but I also have a soft spot for Abstract/Experimental Hip Hop.

Liquid Swords.

Ironman>>>>>>>Supreme Clientele

Never.

I listened to the cold vein for the first time about a year ago, didn't think it was anything special. On the contrast, I love Liquid Swords, and 36 chambers. I also like other East Coast rap from that era like Organized Konfusion.
But the cold vein just felt "so-so". I can't put my finger on it.

It's kinda a contest, C'mon man Iron Galaxy,,,,,

Seriously, vordul mega's delivery and flow on the second verse of iron galaxy are 10/10. I gotta say though the features on atom and ox out the cage are just so-so. I think the cold vein is a bit more niche where as liquid swords has way more pop appeal.

You get it