Sup Forums tell me why it wouldnt be possible to create a huge fuck off forest of redwoods in Aus victoria with 2...

Sup Forums tell me why it wouldnt be possible to create a huge fuck off forest of redwoods in Aus victoria with 2 million dollars at my disposal

Other urls found in this thread:

visitgreatoceanroad.org.au/towns-and-villages/beech-forest/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You could do it but I wouldn't use Redwoods because they're not native.

Local insect and animal life would destroy them all.

what if i fenced the area off from animals and used insecticides?

visitgreatoceanroad.org.au/towns-and-villages/beech-forest/ We do have californian redwoods in vic and im kinda close to this place

You think so? They're massive, and grow to be pretty thick.
I'd recommend just fencing them off for the first several years, until they can stand on their own.
Unless you have enough income to pay your land tax(es) each year, I'd suggest you set aside enough money to cover them until the trees can be harvested for lumber.
Going off of this, how much land do you want to grow this forest on?

well you see my plan is to win the lottery then grow a lot of trees with the money and live in a cool tree house so i wasnt exactly thinking numbers since if i win the lottery i wont need to sell them

Yeah, I have big, lottery-oriented dreams too. Good on you for planning. BTW, what's the jackpot for the game you're playing?
Regardless, if you want your own forest with a treehouse, you'll need your own land. To sustain that, you'll need to consistently pay land tax(es). Either that, or you can rent/lease a parcel of suitable land from someone, with these specific plans approved by the owner(s), and offer redwood lumber for compensation.

Well my plan for winning the lottery isnt going so well because i havent bought a ticket yet but i will eventually im sure

Do you have enough money to purchase at least one ticket? Are geography, age or scheduling limiting you from doing so?
Hell, I got a redrawing Powerball ticket a couple of weeks ago while I've been unemployed. You probably don't need to limit yourself from playing, just from going broke trying to win.

AUS is too damm hot (and probably dry) for redwoods, Redwood (Sequoia sempervirens), also called coast redwood and California redwood, is native to the central and northern California coast, a region of moderate to heavy winter rain and summer fog so vital to this tree. It is one of three important North American trees of the family Taxodiaceae. Close relatives are the giant sequoia (Sequoiadendron giganteum) of the Sierra Nevada in California.

Temperatures rarely drop below -9° C (15° F) or rise above 38° C (100° F)

I suggest you look into the geography of Victoria, Australia. There are a bunch of mountains near the southeast coast that could possibly be hospitable for redwoods.
Also,

NorCal fag here. This poster is correct. Tasmania might be better suited.

Temperate rain forest. Fog. Redwoods in Silicon Valley can survive 100 degrees F but need water.

Go for it. Become famous. Save some Earth.

what a fucking thread lol

and Giant Sequoias too.
but it'll take 50 years before they are settled.
and they could live for 2000+ years.
would be a fucking awesome Hobbit forest for the Ents to gather in

Yeah, lived in NorCal for 30+ Years, used to go camping in the Redwoods at least once a year, also the Sequoias below Yosemite. I wonder why redwoods never propagated to Oregon, Washington, etc... Wet, cold, foggy???

But the other thing that are good about redwoods is that they are naturally resistant to termites and rot

and besides that,
in California we stupidly imported the
eucalyptus trees from australia back in the 1920's.

fuck those trees in southern california.

they are firetraps and dangerous!!!!

the bark peels off of them naturally, causing the driest tinder imagineable at the base of the tree.
then, if a eucalyptus tree catches fire, it has oils inside that make those trees burn like a fucking roman candle, they crackle and shoot out sparks as they burn, throwing hot wood fireballs out a great distance to the next flammable object.

fuck eucalyptus trees in southern california.
we imported them about 100 years ago before we new better, and now they are fucking fireball death traps

I think it's just lack of natural distribution. If there were redwood forests in Oregon and Washington, they either died or were all cut down by now.

say that to my face mate and not online

>tfw no one knows you're a koala bear on interwebs, no one

Qantas Airline
The Only Way to Fly...

if you have 2000 years to wait then sure