Is he finished?

Is he finished?

more than likely

How much does he get guaranteed? $37 million? I think that cutting him is worth it.

More probable than not

>I think that cutting him is worth it.

Maybe, if the Texans had options, but I don't think they have much cap room as it is and cutting him before his contract is up would just leave a bunch of dead money.

Hes gonna stay QB and just get a new receiver.

Clipboard holder, not much else.

Who he will proceed to miss and send it into the hands of a defender.

Had he performed abominably against the Raiders and cost them the game last week, maybe. Considering that he still has two years on his contract, that the Texans have little cap space to work with (I think, I'm not sure, I'd have to check), and that the options at QB on their team and in FA are limited, I think they don't have much of a choice but to keep him.

They might pull some stupid shit like having a "competition" for the starting job in OTAs or training camp, but he'll more than likely be back.

The only prayer the Texans have of having an offense at all next year (I know, it's fucking pathetic) is to hope beyond hope that Rick Smith somehow pulls a rabbit out of his ass and strikes gold in a later round on some darkhorse QB prospect. Knowing Smith, though, the chances of that happening are slim to none.

I'm just tired of the Texans putting such a shitty offense out there every week when the defense plays their hearts out and gives the offense multiple opportunities to get back into the game. Case-in-point, the Texans defense managed to snag multiple interceptions from Brady, but the most the Texans offense could manage from those turnovers was a field goal or two. If I were a player on that defense, I would be screaming in Osweiler's face or threatening to gather the boys on defense to gangbang him in the ass after the game if he didn't put the ball in the fucking endzone after all the turnovers the defense gave him.

I can't believe Hopkins hasn't exploded at Os on the sideline yet for how poorly he throws the ball to him. So many of Brock's interceptions have come on shit/forced throws to Hopkins.

HOnestly the Texans should consider trading him to the 49ers with a draft pick just to get him off the team and save some cap.

I think a 5th rounder would probably get it done.

Why hasn't Rick Smith been fired yet? He's been the GM since like 2006 during which time he's basically never managed to get a long term QB starter.

He's done a good job with the rest of the team but at this point Rick Smith created a 9-7 type team that will never go further because it will never get a good QB with him as the GM.

Took them to the playoffs
Outplayed the other QB
Can't ask for much else. Except for receivers that don't drop 60 yard bombs that land right in their lap and tip balls they have no hope of catching right to defenders

From what I hear, Rick Smith is chummy with the owner, McNair. It's probably that, plus McNair is too loyal/nice for his own damn good. On a level of having empathy for fellow human beings, I'm glad he survived his bout with cancer (which he kept pretty quiet since I didn't hear a peep about it until they announced him cancer-free). On a level of NFL franchise ownership, I think McNair is too soft. He doesn't know how to make tough decisions at the right times, thus he puts the team in a rut where it can't exceed a certain ceiling.

The one chance he had to truly start all over was after 2013. He pretty much kicked everyone to the curb except Smith. He was quoted as saying, "we want to kick 2013 the hell out the door," or something along those lines at a press conference introducing Bill O'Brien. That was extremely ironic considering Rick Smith, one of the largest factors in the Texans lack of success, still had a job.

yes. hopefully he's finished tying the knot in the noose as well.

hopefully he bought a house with that 72 mil that had a tall enough roof and banisters so that his feet won't hit the ground.

Cruel, cruel.

Take your chances. Any unknown option is better than Osweiler at this point. Do you think he's going to magically get good? There are about 26 QBs on other teams you would rather have right now. It can't possibly get worse, take the risk!

Okay, but why cut him? Unless it saves you a bunch I'd keep him and make him at least show up for his paycheck

Do the Texans need Romo?

>If I were a player on that defense, I would be screaming in Osweiler's face

What's the point? The guy simply cannot play, all the yelling the world won't fix that. They should be yelling at Rick Smith or Bob McNair for signing him in the first place

WHY? So you can have a lockerroom cancer around upset that he lost his job? So his replacement has to look over at him and think about how much more he's getting paid?
It serves no purpose other than pride to keep him around.

>What's the point? The guy simply cannot play, all the yelling the world won't fix that.

Of course not. The point is that I want to see, or at least hear about, someone from the defense getting on Brock's case. It would just feel good to know that they're fed up with his bullshit and the bullshit on offense in general. Maybe some locker room strife between offense and defense would wake McNair out of his post-cancer stupor to realize how huge of a mistake was made signing Osweiler. Then maybe he can reflect on other things that are wrong with the organization, like how piss-poor Rick Smith is at drafting. Smith seems to be coasting off of 2011, JJ Watt, and now maybe Clowney.