Name a more based critic

Name a more based critic.

le contrarian gay nigger man

From Ebert's review of Predator, June 12 1987:
>...the action moves so quickly that we overlook questions such as (1) Why would an alien species go to all the effort to send a creature to Earth, just so that it could swing from trees and skin American soldiers? Or, (2) Why would a creature so technologically advanced need to bother with hand-to-hand combat, when it could just zap Arnold with a ray gun?

>based
>Predator was too complex for him
>mfw
Dropped like his jaw into the biological waste bin

he really was the best desu
except for when he posted retard-tier reviews like this one and the one for The Thing, for example.

nobody's perfect desu

Both him and Siskel hated anything violent. This includes all horror.

found out today he gave 1 star to House of Cards (1993). fuck that no jaw faggot

but it is not possible to be THAT imperfect unless there is something seriously wrong with you

He was shit.

How about you think for your own self?

critics are all parasites

Me, then again i am because im clever.
Ehm isnt that the purpose?
Being based?

Bullshit. He thoroughly enjoyed and pioneered early horror films such as Last House on the Left, and Bonnie and Clyde- and was even respectful towards Texas Chainsaw Massacre. He just didn't like film like Friday the 13th, when they were pointlessly violent.

>He just didn't like film like Friday the 13th
Understandable, considering how absolutely shit they all are. (Highest rated one is at 50% on RT.)

This. Ebert didn't find pleasure in artless empty provocation because he wasn't an edgy teenager.

Childhood is when you idolize Roger Ebert.

Adulthood is when you realize that Armond White makes more sense.

Roland Barthes

Pat Stoner

Chicago pleb.

New York gay nigga is patrician class.

>Roger Ebert is the sole male to be interviewed by Arquette. He expresses his belief that studio executives greenlight projects based on the tastes of adolescent boys and young men, who tend to favor light comedies, laced with bathroom humor, and action films. Neither of these genres offers substantial roles for women, especially older women.

>"The function of the murders is to make visible the frenzy of the territorial male when his will is frustrated. The movie gives shape and form to road rage, golf course rage, family abuse and some of the scarier behavior patterns of sports fans."

He was nu-male before nu-males were a thing.

You are aware that Halloween and thus entire slasher film genre only exist because of him?

Are you retarded? Or just butt hurt cause he didn't like some trashy action or horror movie.

I'm not gonna list all the graphic and violent movies he likes just scroll through his great movies some time, you'll be shocked.

Has this guy ever not gone completely against public opinion? Has there ever been a time where a film was near-universally praised, and he praised it to?

I've never heard his actual voice

Yeah, he literally gave Halloween (1978) a perfect 4 stars.

Siskel

The Lego Movie and Kubo

lol at Ebert's Taste of Cherry review

also who are the freaks who edit ebert's opinions into every single movie's wiki or anything remotely related to film

This. Reminder that Armond has literally never been wrong.

>Armond White
>king of Sup Forums

oh okay, I guess no can be a complete contrarian asshole.

Suicide Squad was fucking garbage. Rightfully hating it is not the equivalent to hating Snyderkino like BvS and MoS.

But Snyder was the executive producer for Suicide Squad. Wouldn't that make it Snyderkino?