Can anyone stop him?

Can anyone stop him?

The offseason.

A decent team

wtf i hate tom brady now

>Friendly reminder that he was betrayed by his own receivers because they're actually Patriots fans and they didn't want him to beat Brady again

Odexit when?

A good Conference

No

The chiefs can beat the Patriots. I know a lot of people like to clown on the chiefs and Alex Smith, but they've got a team that could win the Super Bowl.

Also Matt Ryan and the falcons could definitely beat the patriots in the super bowl.

I think it would end up the same as it did last season, or just like the Texans last night

Chiefs staying in the game for the first half, then falling away in the 3rd and 4th when the Pats get rolling

Also very possible. I think if the chiefs can jump on them early, capitalize on any opportunity's, and not make many mistakes themselves they can win. The problem the Texans had last night was the defense kept hand the offense the game but too many dropped passes and mistakes kept them from staying in the game.

This is my first season watching the NFL so I don't know, but he has lost in the playoffs 9 or 10 times before right? What kind of conclusions can one draw about the teams that have beat him in the playoffs before? Genuinely curious

Elite defenses and/or Eli Manning

>That stupid fucking face he makes when he throws an INT

Like it's someone else's fault

Defenses are usually shit-hot. Brady rarely messes up, and those two picks last night are definitely not Brady's fault.

Consistently excellent defense

the cowboys will thoroughly embarrass the patriots in the super bowl.

assuming the patriots don't shit their pants against the chiefs, of course.

Goddamnit! He's such an asshole.

Does any remaining teams have the defence to pull it off, chiefs is the best bet from what I understand?

-Top tier defenses either in Points Per Game allowed or Yards allowed
-Top tier pass rushes. The best way to stop Brady is to get past his blockers and come at him play after play after play. You need to knock him on his ass whenever possible to make him nervous during future plays.
-A QB with a strong arm who isn't afraid to chuck it down field.
-It helps if the Patriots make turnovers which they rarely do, but happens from time to time.
-A smart head coach like Tom Coughlin

I've been following the Patriots with my dad since I was a child. I vaguely remember the pre-Bledsoe years but everything from 1994 on is pretty clear. In the Brady and Belicheck era the only teams that have consistently given the Patriots trouble are the ones I just described. Some examples of this:

-The Tom Coughlin Giants
-The Ravens at the height of their strength with Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, etc
-The Denver Broncos on years when they have great defenses (extra difficult if the game is at Mile High)
-The Colts teams that put decent defenses around Manning, especially the years where they had elite level pass rushers like Dwight Freeny
-The Pete Carroll Seahawks
-The early Rex Ryan Jets when they still had talent from the Parcells/Mangini years on the roster
-The Miami Dolphins during years with strong defenses and a willingness to run unorthodox offensive plays (i.e. Wildcat formation)

I've followed the Pats religiously all my adult life. I've seen the patterns that give them trouble.

Chiefs have the best remaining defense for sure. If the Pats do make it past them, they're probably winning the Super Bowl.

All they'd need to do keep pace with the Falcons/Cowboys scoring.

Chiefs could give them trouble, but to win against the Patriots you have to be willing to take risks and shots downfield. Unfortunately the Chiefs are ultra-conservative on offense.
The Packers, at least statistically, have a surprisingly good pass rush (they were 6th in sacks this year). That could be a function of playing in the terrible NFC North though, against three teams with no offensive lines.

That's really it.

thanks for the great post

No problem Swede-bro. Hope you're enjoying your first season of watching football! This year has been a weird one, but the rest of the playoffs should be spectacular.

good post

As the guy who made this post, let me add this too. I don't think anyone left is stopping the Patriots this year. People don't understand just how good this Pats defense is. 13 of Houston's 16 total points last night came off of turnovers deep in the Patriots own zone. The Texans managed only one TD and kicked 3 field goals. New England completely shut down Houston's best weapon in Lamar Miller and were able to keep Hopkins under 70 yards.

The only elite defense still playing is KC and even if they beat Pittsburgh (which they probably will) they have to play NE in Foxboro with NE getting an extra day of rest.

I think it says more about Texans Offense than Pats D, a more decent QB e less dropped passes and things could really turn out bad for Patriots.

Also, do not sleep on Steelers Defense, specialy looking into the last games.

wtf i love tom brady now

naaah

People have been saying that for 17 games now about the Pats defense. At some point everyone needs to accept this is one of the best defensive units New England has ever put on the field. They make good offenses look mediocre, and mediocre offenses look terrible.

Atlanta might give them trouble because Ryan goes to so many different guys, but I can promise Belichick will find a way to freeze out Julio Jones and the Falcons defense isn't doing anything to stop Brady.

Pats defense has been doing it to every team though

too bad he plays on the only one

>it's a lump team success on the best known player episode
what is this, apehoop
he was objectively outplayed by brock freakin osweiler

time to go to rehab bro

no he wasn't.. brock had a pretty bad game (aka average for him), brady had an ok game.

'no'

The only being capable of stopping him is the God Emperor but they are allies, so no, nothing will stop the madman

Nope

jacked

naaaaaaaah

no

Delete this

The disparity between the atl and ne defenses is enormous while the disparity between the two teams on offense is moderate to small.

get building Pablo