The oldest country in the world is fucking San Marino, by far. What the fuck. Italy should just conquer it...

The oldest country in the world is fucking San Marino, by far. What the fuck. Italy should just conquer it, so that it can't have that title.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Marino

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_date_of_transition_to_republican_system_of_government
bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-39592010
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lmao

jealous that the first "democracy" is san marino?

I'm sure Ethiopia, China and Iran must count somehow.

It's continual, not conquered any. Each end of a dynasty in China is considered a conquered country.

Assuming ethiopia, and Iran are same way. If not then Mali should be there too

actually we are the first real democracy

Japan has been ruled by the same dynasty for millenia, unless the Kamakura, Ashikaga and Tokugawa shogunates are considered different countries, Japan is also older than SM.

b8

Not by a long shot. All Americans weren't allowed to vote until the 1960s. Even Lebanon is an older full democracy than the USA.

France, Greece, Switzerland etc. granted suffrage to all men way before the US did.

yeah, but we forced them into a new constitution as well as occupied them. the list is also time spent not being occupied,

>Switzerland
>men
>conveniently didn't mention women

You aren't a real democracy even today

HAHAHAHA

how come? we have no corruption

San Marino is basically like that little brother who everyone likes, so he doesn't get beat up

>democracy
>candidate with the lesser votes is president

B8

i mean democracy in a sense the best country in the world

no

Except it was occupied by allies in WWII

t history pro

seeHillary is the rightful president

Yes. Fuck off Europoor

i learn something everyday

>i mean democracy in a sense the best country in the world
That's not what democracy means, son

>democracy in a sense the best country in the world
best country in the world has constant shootouts and race issues, imagine that

hihihihihi

Here's your deserved (You).

>i mean democracy in a sense the best country in the world
>Let's just change the meaning of the worlds so that I'm right.

I'll just leave this here.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_date_of_transition_to_republican_system_of_government

Kek. You are not the best country in the world. Far from it.

o i am laggin

>common law fucking shits
San Marino apologists get Also this
Maybe it doesn't count because the government was never legitimized by an outside source?

San Marinoans are the most powerful race on earth

Even Napoleon looked at it and said basically "tiny old Republic, so kawai~" and suggested to annex a small coastal line to it
San Marino refused

>all those people responding to this painfully obvious b8
jesus christ

corrupt

have to go back

corrupt

cucked by muslims

broke, corrupt

corrupt

rich due to the jews' gold, not because of the technology and progress like us

>t. Cucked by jew, niggers and mexicans

violent, unsafe, full of shooters and fats

Reminder that even young people from San Marino living in Italy will still say something like "I'm returning to the Republic" to say they're going back home despite Italy having been a Republic for 70 years

>Amerifats
>Amerishoots
>Americlaps
>Amerisharts
>Ameridumb
>Amerijews
>Amerigay
>Americups
>Amerieggs
>Americunts
>Amerilards

You got BTFO son lmoa

all 3 of them?

Isn't San Marino the first country to democratically elect a Communist Party to power?

But Japan shared many cultures across the island

What about China?

It has changed government and dynasties a lot of times, but it has been largely unconquered and has maintained some kind of united a culture and ethnicity continuously for millennia, even before the notions of nation states even existed.

I'm half Italian half san marinense.

AMA

What do Italians and San Marinese think of each other?

Ad Hominem

Britain???????

>but it has been largely unconquered
Explain the Qing.
>united a culture and ethnicity continuously for millennia
More like it absorbed and assimilated surrounding peoples, during the times ti wasn't fragmented into many states.

nothing really

I live close enough to San Marino to have visited there several times because of their lower taxes on many goods

Is there a class difference between Italians and San Marinese? I hear it was technically considered a developing country until 2012.

*San Marino was technically considered a developing country until 2012.

>allowed to vote until the 1960s
Women's suffrage was well before 1960 so what are you talking about?

wew lad

NIGGAS

The point of the electoral college is to ensure large population centers don't continually hijack the goverent and more rural areas are terminally ignored. It also has the added benefit of candidates not having to visit everywhere and adds some strategy to the election.

Why are you defending such a broken system?
It's not a democracy.

I'm not the troll but it's pretty amusing. Anything related to the U.S. can be made into easy bait that works.

How cultural different are the two countries?

They could vote it's just in the South the whites tried to make sure they didn't. That's not a reflection of the federal government though.

>ensures that the population doesn't hijack the government
>Ensures votes for some parts of the country are unimportant
Can't make this shit up

Because it has a purpose if I pointed out. The greater NYC, LA, San Francisco, etc. Areas would continually control the executive branch. Direct democracy is risky because of the fact that your average citizen is a fucking moron regardless if education. I'm glad their impact is minimized.

bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-39592010

Doesn't your government have a system where the party with the most votes can still get fucked because no one would create a coalition government with them and it's almost impossible for the entire nation to have voted for the controlling government?

A party can only rule alone when the majority of the people elect them, if this doesn't happen a coalition from two or more parties is formed to present the interest of similar voter groups to make politics in the interest of the majority of the people.

How is that an issue? At that point majority of people didn't vote for that partyand if it doesn't want to seek consensus with other parties, it may be justly let in opposition. Usually other parties don't want that, though, because in the next election it mught get even mire votes.

Fag. Greek democracy didn't let women or slaves vote, and for good raisin

I thought this thread was supposed to be about San Marino, not gerrymandering