youtube.com/watch?v=Ypvg1WC-m-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=pcamjcoRmrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cfQsLCEQ-zE
youtube.com/watch?v=xLsuam9o9BA
youtube.com/watch?v=tDuEWw648jo
youtube.com/watch?v=QyPR77rg1to
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You wouldn't

Undertale doesn't really work as anything but a video game unless you completely gut everything that makes it work.

Just watch Stranger Things, it's basically Undertale as a tv show, fanbase included

VIDEO GAME KINO

K
I
N
O

>real life people that I share a planet with think Undertale's story was good

give the goat mom bigger tits

Hello tumblr!

Film the intro and then lose interest and ask for a refund.

What games would you consider good?

>tips fedora

>I can't explain why my game/story is good the post

Get the fuck out

Explain why its bad

Why would I waste my time?

>wheredoyouthinkyouare.jpg

>choices are mostly irreverent aka "hurr do you wanna save or kill this lady we've established for 2 minutes? wew deep choice"
>cliche child falls or goes into a magical world plot
>cliche child befriends the people of the magical world and they unite in friendship
>cliche friendship saves the day trope
>supposed sympathetic villain is done terribly
>most of the characters have the depth of the puddle
>literally nothing is surprising during the entire game

Literally kill yourself if you think this garbage is good

fuck off, only children still play games so go talk about it on a childish board

all human cast,weird believers vs non believers plot,Flowey is played by William Dafoe,and Toriel is played by Christina Hendricks

>choices are mostly irreverent aka "hurr do you wanna save or kill this lady we've established for 2 minutes? wew deep choice"
Except every single kill (especially the main characters) changes not only the ending, but also the dialog throughout the game. To say that the choices are meaningless is objectivally false.
>cliche child falls or goes into a magical world plot
There is nothing wrong with this
>cliche child befriends the people of the magical world and they unite in friendship
>cliche friendship saves the day trope
Just becuase something is a "cliche", doesn't mean its poorly written or bad. Especially when its put on a narrative twist like it is in Undertale. Nothing screams "I have seen this before"
>supposed sympathetic villain is done terribly
I don't know if you are talking about Asgore or Flowey but I am going to assume Flowey. In that case, Flowey is not supposed to be sympathetic. He is supposed to be the most morally difficult character in the game to chose if he lives or dies. In fact, you assuming he is supposed to be sympathetic only proves how well he is written considering about half the players would see him as sympathetic, and half would just want him dead. That is the intention from the start
>most of the characters have the depth of the puddle
I can agree that the game should have been longer, and the characters should have gotten more deapth, but each one gets at least enough to be relatable and entertaining to interact with. Especially on the 2nd and 3rd playthrough
>literally nothing is surprising during the entire game
While I can't prove that you are lying, to say that "nothing is surprising" is subjective. You are the only person I have ever seen to claim that things like the flowey boss and the asgore button destruction are unsurprising. They are 100 percent unpredictable.

I wouldn't.

Interactivity is key to Undertale and the medium in general - I wouldn't.

This.

an ugly woman shitting for two hours

>>only children still play games
>backgammon is literally 5000 years old

you are an idiot if you don't think games or structured/meaningful play is one of the most important things in our culture

youtube.com/watch?v=gvZV_rJQFeI

Good soundtrack desu

The way it reprises its songs is fantastic.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ypvg1WC-m-Y
to
youtube.com/watch?v=pcamjcoRmrQ

Honestly, if anything good can be said about Undertale, the guy doing the music did a spot-on job.

>the number of times Flowey's theme gets used throughout the game
>The Angry Dummy's theme is a variation on Napstablook's

He meant Asgore, I think

The guy doing the music is the guy who made the whole game.

Thats kinda amazing

>
>>choices are mostly irreverent aka "hurr do you wanna save or kill this lady we've established for 2 minutes? wew deep choice"
>Except every single kill (especially the main characters) changes not only the ending, but also the dialog throughout the game. To say that the choices are meaningless is objectivally false.
>>cliche child falls or goes into a magical world plot
>There is nothing wrong with this
>>cliche child befriends the people of the magical world and they unite in friendship
>>cliche friendship saves the day trope
>Just becuase something is a "cliche", doesn't mean its poorly written or bad. Especially when its put on a narrative twist like it is in Undertale. Nothing screams "I have seen this before"
>>supposed sympathetic villain is done terribly
>I don't know if you are talking about Asgore or Flowey but I am going to assume Flowey. In that case, Flowey is not supposed to be sympathetic. He is supposed to be the most morally difficult character in the game to chose if he lives or dies. In fact, you assuming he is supposed to be sympathetic only proves how well he is written considering about half the players would see him as sympathetic, and half would just want him dead. That is the intention from the start
>>most of the characters have the depth of the puddle
>I can agree that the game should have been longer, and the characters should have gotten more deapth, but each one gets at least enough to be relatable and entertaining to interact with. Especially on the 2nd and 3rd playthrough
>>literally nothing is surprising during the entire game
>While I can't prove that you are lying, to say that "nothing is surprising" is subjective. You are the only person I have ever seen to claim that things like the flowey boss
I agree with you user

this, it wouldn't even work on a console let alone a fucking different medium

>The monsters aren't really the le bad guys guise
>"We've me the enemy and it's us."
>Make peace with your enemies, rather than war

It's already been done in films and books to death and also video games long before Undertale and better.

youtube.com/watch?v=cfQsLCEQ-zE

I think it could work as an anime

the pacifist route was way too easy, you get constantly rewarded and hailed as an amazing person for simply not being an asshole, there are no tough choices that actually challenge you to stay as a pacifist because combat is so boring and dull, the only reason why you would ever kill anyone is by accident from the poorly designed first boss fight that just suddenly gives you a massive critical hit that kills her instantly (even though it is established early on that you can spare monsters by weakening them and the game gives you no hints or indications that said critical hit is even possible as a game mechanic)

the "power of friendship" ending was dumb and cliche, especially since you only hung out with most of those people once and you never even met the antagonist except through some vague backstory

That's subjective nitpicking, not an explanation of why it's bad

>better

*rolls eyes*

Are you retarded?

The challenge from the pacifist route comes from surviving boss attacks considering your health is so low, and you may not figure out how to spare them right away.

>all this talk about music and none of these get mentioned

youtube.com/watch?v=xLsuam9o9BA

youtube.com/watch?v=tDuEWw648jo

youtube.com/watch?v=QyPR77rg1to

Keep rolling them pleb