Modern Comedy Films

Let's have a discussion and hear some opinions, Sup Forums.

What are some of your favorite comedy films from 2000 or after? Is Apatow over? Is Tyler Perry worthwhile? Will Woody Allen ever be funny again?

Who are your favorite current comedy stars? How do we feel about Kevin Hart or Adam Sandler vehicles? Tina Fey? Seth Rogen? Melissa McCarthy? Who are some up-and-comers?

Looking outside the mainstream, what are some more obscure gems others may have missed? Who are some comedy auteurs to watch?

Super Troopers is the GOAT post-2000 comedy

Bump.

Fav.

Best comedy film in the last 5 years

>Melissa McCarthy
I really liked her Spy movie desu. It is such a shame she had to do that Ghostbusters which was a massive joke but Spy was actually really decent and her and Statham together on screen had such good chemistry.

I wish Feig would drop his Heat sequel and make a Spy 2

I really liked

>Burn After Reading
>Tropic Thunder
>Dodgeball
>The Benchwarmers
>School of Rock
>Clerks II

Nothing else quite seems to reach that tier for me.

Tropic Thunder

>Tropic Thunder
Postal (2007) is like the only other movie that comes really close to that type of comedy

>>Burn After Reading
>>Tropic Thunder
>>Dodgeball
>>School of Rock

Monica.

I'd also add Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Team America's a guilty pleasure, too. It's not a movie that benefits from frequent rewatching, but it sticks in the mind pleasingly, and the music's damn good too.

not funny if you are close to 30 and still a virgin

One more lil bump before bed.

You're already dead.
This is hell.

Songs From The Second Floor (2000)
Cosmos (2015) [not specifically a comedy, but hilarious]

>Songs From The Second Floor
I too like my comedies Intelligent, Nihilistic and with a Wicked sense of humour.

>Check Rush Hour
>98
well shit, 2 years off. well RH2 and RH3 are still funny as fuck

>memes inform my taste

Thread/

I've seen the movie. It's kind of goofy but not really something I can laugh at and enjoy. Scandinavian movies look very crisp and clean but not in a good way. Everything looks like the inside of a hospital.

The style of humor isn't to your taste, that's fine. The monochromatic sterile atmosphere is part of the humor, and the aesthetic of that particular director. You clearly haven't really considered Scandinavian film if you don't realize that the face of it, Bergman, directly contradicts you.

Borat