Movies/scenes that men are allowed to cry at

>On the day of my judgment, when I stand before God, and He asks me why did I kill one of his true miracles, what am I gonna say? That it was my job? My job?

>You tell God the Father it was a kindness you done. I know you hurtin' and worryin', I can feel it on you, but you oughta quit on it now. Because I want it over and done. I do. I'm tired, boss. Tired of bein' on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. Tired of not ever having me a buddy to be with, or tell me where we's coming from or going to, or why. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world everyday. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head all the time. Can you understand?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i-0NN6_Dymo
youtube.com/watch?v=8Af372EQLck
youtube.com/watch?v=FQpu9RcCm5k
youtube.com/watch?v=CzOH54GemVo
youtube.com/watch?v=_-SS1QleuAs
youtube.com/watch?v=SjwVrEMjyxY
youtube.com/watch?v=d3U_U_T5CRU
youtube.com/watch?v=S3ubag7dtn4
youtube.com/watch?v=d0Mtlklmna0
youtube.com/watch?v=do1smOv8rf4
youtube.com/watch?v=wK7GSARUs_Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shawshank Redemption

>tfw when Andy meets Red at Zihuatanejo

>le magical negro

Definitely a happy moment, unlike

>tfw Brooks Hadlin's last letter

youtube.com/watch?v=i-0NN6_Dymo

Fuck off Spike

To hell with the rest of the movie, this scene was still perfect.

>Farewell Master Burglar. Go back to your books and your armchair. Plant your trees, watch them grow. If more people valued home above gold, the world would be a merrier place

katniss winning the hungry games

>tfw when he feeds the birds looking for Jake every day, but he never comes

i just wanna die

Gordie
>Why did he have to die, Chris? Why did Denny have to die? Why?
Chris
>I don't know.
Gordie
>It should have been me.
Chris
>Don't say that.
Gordie
>It should have been me.
Chris
>Don't say that, man.
Gordie
>I'm no good. My dad said it, I'm no good.
Chris
>He doesn't know you.
Gordie
>He hates me.
Chris
>He doesn't hate you.
Gordie
>He hates me.
Chris
>No, he just doesn't know you.
Gordie
>He hates me. My dad hates me. He hates me oh oh God.

Always tears. That scene, the "Milk Money" scene, and when Gordie and Christ part ways after their long weekend.

I never had any more friends later on in life like I did when I was 12. Jesus, does anyone?

Nope.

Yes i go outside

Shit scene, shit movie. Why wouldn't you pick Boromir's death?

Because it's been posted a thousand million times.

LotR should be banned from these thread for being Easy Mode.

WELL memed, m'friend!

>I never had any more friends later on in life like I did when I was 12. Jesus, does anyone?

No, because we're all logical and smart now. Kids don't need reasons to be friends, they just are and are glad to have them.

>pic related, and relevant to the thread

I'm not even a fag and Sigourney Weaver had me crying for 30 minutes straight.

a movie has never made me cry
what's some essential crykino?

nonononononononono dont make me remember

It's different for everyone, a lot of it is shaped by life experiences.

inb4 fiction
who cares

It was before Battlestar

That fucking ending with the thumbs up...

> tfw a character says something hateful to a friend or loved one, crushing them, and then they die before they get the chance to reconcile and know that the other person didn't mean it

always hits me hard

youtube.com/watch?v=8Af372EQLck

>He was a soldier of Rome... honer him.

>I know now why you cry. But it is something I can never do

This is why action movies today are shit. T2 had such amazing heart to it and managed to make us actually care about a robot.

>I will see you again.
>But not yet. Not yet.

Man this movie.

Are they not friends forever?

"Grave of the Fireflies" - 1988
"Stand By Me" - 1986 (mentioned already)
"Lord of the Rings" trilogy - 2000's (sort of mentioned already)
"My Dog Skip" - 2000
"Dear Zachary" 2008
"The Boy in the Striped Pajamas" - 2008
The opening sequence of "Up" - 2009
"Titanic" - 1997

Also, memes and "poo in the loo" aside, the ending of "Slumdog Millionaire" has my tear up most of the time. Not the Bollywood dance number, the kiss and when he kisses her scar, and the time rolls back, and it says "It is written" As a Christian, that has some heavy, heavy Christian overtones and I find it beautiful. Maybe not (probably not) everyone though.

Also, I always get teary-eyed at 2012's Les Miserables, but I know Sup Forums hates that movie for some reason.

you just had to remind me didnt you

WHO THE FUCK IS CUTTING ONIONS

When Liam breaks down at the end because he felt like he didnt do enough..

that shit got me. Well done Liam.

No. The dog goes on to live with a hunter, who tries to kill the fox. The fox almost kills the hunter in the process and so the dog hates the fox for it.

It ends with them moving on to new lives and leaving each other behind.

>As a Christian

lmao

the land before time always makes me tear up
also grave of the fireflies and barefoot gen, which are both animes about ww2

It's funny that people always take Grave of the Fireflies as an anti-war movie when the director has vehemently denied it ever since it came out.

Sad movie though still.

fuck you guys for making me watch The Road. I wanted to cry instead I felt like shit for hours

youtube.com/watch?v=FQpu9RcCm5k

>Main theme rises
>"Where are you going?"
>"I'm going on an adventure!"

Still gets me. The rest is kind of unfortunate though.

leviathan
jagten
de usynlige

The ending of Spring gets to me.

Castaway is the only movie to ever make me cry.

>Wilson!

green mile is fantastic all around the botched execution scene is also very effective

EoE, especially when this pops up

>Everything is clearer now
Life is just a dream you know
That's never ending
I'm ascending

There's something special about a movie that makes you cry about a volley ball floating away

I teared up too

Surprisingly good.

It's a nice delusion and all, to believe that we will see our departed loved ones. The likeliness of such a scenario is infinitesimally small. All that seemingly awaits us all , is oblivion, nothingness.

And no one cares. It's that belief that makes the scene all the more powerful. And yes you can appreciate it without believing it before you go full ham on this.

I actually watched that for the first time a few hours ago after suddenly getting interested in it, was surprised by how condensed it was, overall.

Really was just a man trying to keep his kid going.

>And no one cares

That is why you'll never truly be an intellectual. Making statements like this.

The Fly 2 dog scene

Hope (2013)

Same here.

Boromir's death is definitely easy mode, the first time I ever cried during a movie was when Frodo sends Sam away in RotK though.

Sean Astin was far better than almost anyone in that movie

>It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.

Agreed. Watching the Appendices and learning that he took it upon himself to look after the younger actors who played the other hobbits made it even better

youtube.com/watch?v=CzOH54GemVo

what movies?

Propaganda:the animated film

but yeah, soul crushing

>If I’d a known this was gonna be the last time me and Bubba was gonna talk, I’d a thought of something better to say.

>Bubba was my best good friend. And even I know that ain’t something you can find just around the corner. Bubba was gonna be a shrimpin’ boat captain, but instead he died right there by that river in Vietnam.

Propaganda for what?

Looking at the family pic.

How come he don't want me, man?

Lester was kind of an asshole though.

Who would want a nigger son like Will? Carlton is a good son, not Will.

youtube.com/watch?v=_-SS1QleuAs

Man fuck this scene.

You're an idiot.

Green Mile is one of my top five favourite films, but I need this in a really good photoshop of the film's cover now. This made me laugh hard for some fucked up reason.

It's weird huh? Like that pit in your stomach as a damn volleyball is floating away. Tom Hanks is based

youtube.com/watch?v=SjwVrEMjyxY

Heroic sacrifice is my fucking trigger. I cannot deal with it properly.

>I knew, somehow, that I had to stay alive. Somehow. I had to keep breathing. Even though there was no reason to hope. And all my logic said that I would never see this place again. So that's what I did. I stayed alive. I kept breathing. And one day my logic was proven all wrong because the tide came in, and gave me a sail. And now, here I am. I'm back. In Memphis, talking to you. I have ice in my glass... And I've lost her all over again. I'm so sad that I don't have Kelly. But I'm so grateful that she was with me on that island. And I know what I have to do now. I gotta keep breathing. Because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?

Because Sam is the best character in the books and the casting in LotR is literally P E R F E C T.

Faramir is the second-best character tho.

Les Mis is entirely and solely carried by Huge Jacked Man giving 120%.

I still have no idea why Hathaway got more recognition than him, but being the humble man he is, he never complained about it.

>watch the film
>feel like shit and get teary-eyed
>read the book
>heavily consider suicide

The Road is way too depressing for my tastes to actually make me feel bad. Its just constantly dreary and hopeless that when the bad shit happens, you're just like whatever.

Lester lost his way. You wouldn't understand unless you've also lost yours.

the Fountain by Darren Aronofsky, great movie with a tasteful love story and structure.

>that part in the end when he fully embraces death.
> that part where he finally reaches the tree of life but gets consumed inside out by flowers

That movie is a piece of shit.

I get choked up at the end of radio when they show the real dude. I'm sure lots of you love making hurr durr tard jokes, but he's so happy and content. The scene of his mom dying and him freaking out completely broken is Cuba goodings best work followed by snow dogs

I cry like a fucking bitch when Aragorn tells the hobbits that they bow to no one, and then everyone, including him, bows to the 4 hobbits.

youtube.com/watch?v=d3U_U_T5CRU

>Are you still upset that Adrian left you?
>She didn't leave me Paulie she DIED!

This scene

Brokeback Mountain and Gran Torino made me sad desu

SUUUPERRRRMANNNN

The Plague Dogs

One's a jew one isn't.

youtube.com/watch?v=S3ubag7dtn4

the prisoner whishes to say a word....

fredooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!

every fucking time, every fucking time

youtube.com/watch?v=d0Mtlklmna0

yeah, that shit made me feel too.

I know it's the hunger games, but this still made me feel.

youtube.com/watch?v=do1smOv8rf4

Once more into the Fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and Die on this day
Live and die on this day

youtube.com/watch?v=wK7GSARUs_Q

Still fucking gets me

Women will never understand this movie