Be me

>be me
>be 29, have stable job, bring in most of the bread for GF and I who live together.
>life is good, for me.
>GF graduated university 2 years ago, works full time but shit job.
>she's applied to over 120 jobs in less than 2 years with only THREE interviews, and a few call backs.
>she hates her job, works overtime to compete with me for some dumb reason. o well.

It's taken a toll on her mental health, she hates her job, has tried several avenues to applying to jobs including mailing actually letters and resumes to company's, going in person asking for HR, call backs, job agencies, job fairs, you name it. She's a very professional person, hard worker, all that jazz.
Why the fuck can't she get a decent job!?
Need some tips or stories on how to get your foot in the door.
I'm a trades person, so all I do is just sit there and people call me, but it seems like the office life is full of people with sticks up their ass the whole time, especially management.

Didnt read you Shit, but i like your taste in Cars.

tell her to take off and live with you
start a family

We live together.
Shame, not really a jag fan.

then she doesnt need to work
if you dont need to work, then you should do what makes you happy or improves you as a person

I don't make enough for two people to live comfortably.
The issue is she wants to work, kick start some sort of career. But just can't get that initial push.

What's her degree in? Recruitment is all about past experience, she should try and get some experience in her chosen field, even if its just on a voluntary basis at first

Fuckin Christ, the best car ever!
Knock her up, too busy to be unhappy.

wha'd she major in

Geography and environmental studies, non science degree.
Typical, worked her ass off for good grades, honors, deans list, etc, etc.

She's volunteered before, applied to many jobs in that field. nothin.
live in canada btw.

Her resume probably sucks. Watch all of the resume-expert videos and articles you can find. Formatting and content-choice matter a lot.

If that doesn't work, she needs to add fabricated work experience related to whichever job she is applying for. Have her put your number down, and when you answer the phone, pretend to be her previous supervisor and tell them what they want to hear. I got zero interviews until I started faking references. Capitalism doesn't reward honesty, don't be a cuck

with that background, maybe land surveyor

>Geography and environmental studies
and what job is she applying for?

I switched from a wordy resume to a style that put things in boxes and was designed to be very brief.

I saw a marked improvement in the amount of interviews for jobs. I guess the less reading they have to do to see if you might be a good fit the better.

What happens when she gets hired and promptly fucks everything up?

Graduated geography and urban studies undergrad, then graduated master of environemtal studies, specializing in urban and regional regional planning. Also live in Canada (Ontario) and had no problem finding a job. What kind of jibs is she applying to?

>non-science
that's you're problem right there

t.leaf Environmental Science major
GIS is hiring like fuck, that's my plan when i graduate

She should be able to find a surveying job pretty easily.

Her brother is a geologist. He has brought this up to her before. But GIS does not appeal to her, I am now thinking she made the wrong choice in study because she does not like the math aspect of it.
Anything to be honest, even just office administration.

If she got honors and made the deans list she would be getting call backs for any graduate position she applied for.

>Why the fuck can't she get a decent job!?

She needs to be applying for 30/40 jobs a day. Even if it's the same job. You have to annoy Employers to the point of either, giving you a shot or telling you to fuck off, then you cross em off the mailing list.

120 jobs in two years is an abysmal effort.

Try harder.

then she studied the wrong shit, because that's what she studied for
what does she WANT to do

im an hvac tech, so I dont apply to be a welder, know what I mean?

Thats because you're an urban planner, it's an in demand position that requires you studied a certain undergrad, this girl studied a BA

This is what her attitude was in school. turned out it did not work out like that at all.
You bring up a good point. She has expressed she enjoys office life.
But analyzing data and then crunching numbers is not what she wants to do. She got into her field mainly because she wants to protect the environment, I guess she was misled into her education.

Has she tried blowing her boss? Might help.

how about environmental policy?
>office work
>no math
>in her field

Obviously you should only apply for jobs you know you can do. But the employers don't just want you to be able to do things, they also want lists of people you spent a few years jacking off who they can call and ask how the orgasms were. A system where we need to carry around a list of johns in order to survive is retarded and deserves to be cheated

she wants office life but she wants to protect the environment?
become a teacher
those guys can manipulate children into any green thinking

Corporate world ala The Office doesnt exist if that's what she's aiming for

How do you get your foot in the door for a position like that tho?

That's the biggest issue, she's quick to learn, hard working. But she just can't get her foot in the door.
She has thought of this, but that would mean going back to school.

i would imagine environmental policy is all federal jobs
maybe also try to work for an environmental lawyer with their own practice or something

she could become an environmental lawyer and make some serious bank but she needs a law degree etc

then go back to school
clearly what she is doing at the moment isnt working

I realize that, but I'm trying to convey the message that I know the field well enough to give you advice on what to apply for. She could go into environmental policy, municipal asset protection (and then focus on parks) she can go into parks planning (like urban planning but for parks), or she can just see what the Environmental Services branch has to offer from cities.

She can also go the education route, she can get her PMP (project management professional) and manage developments, she can go back to school to get her Master, which is typically only 2 years, or she can go into environmental law, which again is only 2 years.

Also, if she wants to protect the environment and "save the trees" so to say, I got new for you bud. She's not finding a job anytime soon. Her best bet if she wants that line of work is to work for an NGO or non-profit specializing in environmental protection, and after a few years experience, wedge your foot into the door of public environmental policy. I know someone who did that along the tangent of the whole bees going extinct phenomena. He worked for a non-profit for some time and got comfortable with the problem, and then got a job by demonstrating this knowledge and the importance of keeping pollinators alive. He now works for the city planning for the preservation of monarch butterflies by means of planning where the city can plant butterfly-friendly plants such as milkweeds. Hydro corridors, parks, greenroofs and conservation areas were his first focus. His job also involves promotion, education through public programming, and liaising with other departments to make sure his goals are met with changes. E.g., if a road is being developed (department would be capital planning and development/asset management) he would see if he can get milkweeds planted in there somehow, for example.