What are some good movies about being lost in the wild with few resources?

What are some good movies about being lost in the wild with few resources?

i almost died last weekend, had no food or water 30 miles from civilization, was rescued by helicopter 12 hours later

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Skx8lQt8Vj8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There's a movie starring Tom Hanks where he plays a castaway on an island. I can't remember the title.

>had no food or water 30 miles from civilization
why? Also 30 miles isn't that bad at all, its like a days walk

Problem Child 2: The Quest for Peace

i fucked up (didnt bring enough water for the 19 mile hike) and got injured, so stayed behind. i had a sleeping bag and a switchblade with me.

at 11 pm some large animal stumbled near me howling and yelping, sounded injured. he circled my encampment so was freaking me out

Hatchet
Read the book
Watch the movie
Read the sequels

link to news article pls user

Robinson crusoe
The grey
The shallows
The rabit proof fence

>was rescued by helicopter
tfw my tax dollars were paid to save OP's life.

>tfw didn't get a bill for it

ty user ill repay you with dank memes

it's Cast Away.

Into the wild has aspects of that in it

MOMMY

Letter Never Sent

White people are so fucking stupid sometimes. Why do you do this shit to yourselves?

but im asian

>tfw I was more interested in looking at the gun than the woman

The safety's on.

Fucking kek.

It also stars CIA as the volleyball

>crashed plan
>1 survivor

doesn't fit

same thing ;^)

It was a cargo plane, pilots died on inpact, hanks was the only other person on the plane.

Why are dumb niggers allowed to use the Internet?

127 hours kind of?

>12 hours
Don't you die after 3 hours without water? I'm calling bullshit.

well i had a water bottles worth of boiled stream water if that counts

what the fuck? it's like 3 days you retard

3 hrs without food and 4 hrs without water

you remind me of this stupid asian that managed to drown while kayaking in a lake this past year. he had a life jacket on as well.

how do you fuck up that bad when it's literally our biological advantage of a species that gave us brains to think shit through?

That one movie where liam neeson fights wolves

I can't even think "Jeremiah Johnson" without doing it in song. God I wish I'd seen it in the cinema.

>some large animal stumbled near me howling and yelping, sounded injured. he circled my encampment so was freaking me out
>he

OP confirmed newly turned skinwalker trying to learn of our ways. Don't tell him nothing!

Walkabout
The Way Back
The Edge... A bit. But it's really good so just watch it.

>Robinson crusoe
tfw there is no good Robinson crusoe movie

30 miles is not a day's walk unless you're an experienced hiker, especially over rough terrain.

I think most westerners can make about 8-12 miles in a day max, and the next day their legs would be on fire. Without water? Forget it.

It's kind of sad that Cast Away is the best Robinsonade movie, instead of any of the Crusoe movies.

It's even sadder that there isn't any good tv-show about it. Like, just have a number of people strand on an island and then show them surviving and slowly advancing, with injuries, famine, spoilt water supplies and ship-sightings being the over-arching plot troubles if you're afraid of one man not being able to carry it. Instead of that all we've got is a Xena-lite version of Robinson Crusoe, and a reality tv-show where everything comes down to making alliances and lying around on the beach.

LOST might be the nearest thing to what you suggested, but a realistic (but exciting) show about a group of people marooned in the wilderness would be great if done well.

wasnt there that bald guy show where he was alone on an island

no that's not it...

You mean like naked and afraid

48 kilometers is fucking piss easy in a day, I've done it with a 40kg backpack on my back.

its bullshit to some degree. especially when it comes to water. also there is always doc on site

Not true. I did a 100 mile hike in 4 days last year through relatively hilly and mountainous terrain (Wales). I'm not an experienced hiker, and I managed to average 25 miles a day.

It was fucking exhausting, but I managed it.

bs. max speed is 6km/h over plain terrain. Add temp and stress to that

Yeah I was going to mention LOST, because I actually thought that was how it was going to play out when it first started airing. I was so fucking hyped. Sure it turned out good the way they went as well, but I'd rather want a realistic approach. Survival and arguments in the group is plenty enough to make things interesting if you've got a good writer.

Except, you know, not gimmicky reality-tv shit. The first thing you do is fashion yourself clothes, and then you reconstruct society.

not every westerner is obese. 20 miles a day is trivial, and I skip cardio more than I should

Says the fatty that skipped the army.
t.

i do 5km run 5 days a week, but would barely do 45 km under high sun with backpack and no water

backpacking starting wednesday
now getting nervous even though ive done a bunch of trips.

its the fucking bears, man

I wouldn't worry about it.

no water is the tricky part, but I'm sure you could find a small stream of flowing water unless you are in a desert.

Just make a lot of noise. When you move. If you think the place might have bears.

So you don't get a jump on them. They hear you and go away

but if you stumble onto them then you are shit out of luck

Robinson Crusoe on Mars is actually quite good

He wasn't on the flight plan

this trail isn't traveled much. You self-issue a permit at the trailhead.

apparently they have bear issues all the time. I probably wont see one though, youre right

>It's even sadder that there isn't any good tv-show about it. Like, just have a number of people strand on an island

LOST

Enemy Mine.

Its about a space fighter pilot crash landing on an alien world after shooting down an alien they're fighting a war against. The whole thing is them trying to survive in the unknown wilderness, while trying not to kill each other.

>implicado i would drink my piss

white people: smart enough to get by in society, savage enough to survive in the jungle.

sorry asian bro that you're too far on the civilized side of things.

I was basing my estimate on the average westerner having a sedentary lifestyle. Maybe I'm underestimating how many folks have a reasonably active lifestyle. Obviously 30 miles is a doddle for some people, British WW2 commandos would train by long distance speed and endurance marching and would routinely cover 35 miles in 14 hours, in full kit (after which they must be ready to fight). A soldier's introduction to the commandos was an 8 mile march with equipment though, because even though they were recruiting from army regiments, that's a reasonable standard to filter out all the fatties.

Just listen to some David Paulides interviews, those will make you feel a lot better about it.

>Enemy Mine
Good film. I think it may be loosely based on Hell In The Pacific, a film with a similar story but set in the Pacific theatre of WW2.

A US serviceman (played by Lee Marvin) is marooned on a desert island, as is a Japanese soldier.

That one might be worth a watch too OP.

>David Paulides

His interview with Art Bell is a very comfy/spoopy listen

youtube.com/watch?v=Skx8lQt8Vj8

This poster is a bear, do not listen to his lies.

Get some of this shit.

Nope, I did it with a buddy last summer. Granted we pushed each other on, and I tried to lose body fat, and up my cardio, in the weeks beforehand. I was in no means the best shape I've ever been in, and it was a hard slog, but we did it.

Mabe, this ones got Bronsnan though. Got be worth something.

Wrecked

>that doggy death

That little retard didn't deserve my tears.

I was a complete NEET and underweight when I went to army and I still could do the long marches in day (40-50km), we had to do our recon medal and it was 90km march in one day

>Hatchet
>Read the book
>Watch the movie
>Read the sequels
Are you a 5th grader? Because this is what myself and every other person my age did in 5th grade.

Gilligan's Island?

>had no food or water 30 miles from civilization
Unless there was a mountain or canyon in your way, I have to ask why you didn't walk the 30 miles.

Kind of cuts down on the survival aspect when you've got a guy that can fashion anything out of coconuts...

>I probably wont see one though
you should still plan your hike like you would. better to have something and not need it than to need it and not have it.