Purpose doesn't exist. That is different from saying there is no purpose...

Purpose doesn't exist. That is different from saying there is no purpose. By saying there is no purpose you are acknowledging that purpose is a logical concept in the first place.
Purpose is simply a flawed perception of existence.
It isn't worth pondering any further after understanding this.

i like that dog picture.

s

Ofcourse there is no purpose. We came to live by an incredibly unlikely set of circumstances with odds of 1 in billions. But with the universe being around this long it happened eventually ofcourse.

Either way we'll die again sometime whenever the universe feels like it, and we'd have been part of a fraction of the universe's existance, understanding even less than that and not being relevant in any way, shape or form. Ofcourse there is no purpose.

I'm not saying that there is no purpose. I'm saying that the concept is not logical and not even worth pondering.

There is no purpose

By saying there is no purpose you are acknowledging that purpose is a logical concept

I'm kinda eager to die to experience (if that is even possible) what happens after life

Your neurons rot away and you can't think anymore so you can't experience anything. It's incredibly obvious

By saying there is no purpose i'm saying there is no purpose.

Saying there is no god isn't implying a god is a logical concept.

there is no purpose for a purpose to acknowledge that purpose is a purpose for a logical concept purpose

Actually it is. if you ponder whether or not something is real you have to acknowledge that the concept makes sense in the first place

Why is "purpose" a flawed concept?

Awww how cute.
It's baby's first philosophy class!

The purpose is to procreate. To keep the self aware matter in existence. The challenge of keeping the self replication is an enjoyable one. Unless you are unfit, then you suffer endlessly. See how it works now?

Can you please rewrite that word salad for us

The error in your logic is that you have concluded purpose does not exist from the premise that purpose does not exist, which intellectuals call a tautology.

Purpose is an actual thing, things have a purpose so it is a logical concept. But not when speaking about the purpose of life.

When I said purpose does not exist in my original post i meant that figuratively. The concept of purpose literally exists but my point is that it is not logical and not worth coming to a conclusion whether there is or isn't one

Of course there is a purpose of life.
It saddens me how banal Sup Forums's thinking is.

See

You haven't proved purpose is not a logical concept, you've only stated it and preceded as if that premise is a conclusion. It isn't.
Your pseudo-reasoning, btw, is how we end up with 2700 genders.

Ofcourse there isnt

Of course there is.
To see my enemies driven before me, and to hear the Lamentations of their women

However by deciding whether or not there is a purpose you're making an assumption that purpose is logical. My point is you're making an assumption either way

There is, though.
See, it's easy to make raw assertions.
Acceptable purpose, for sure.
You're assuming logic is reliable at all. Why in the world would you assume that, given that you think there is no purpose? If there is no purpose, logic is itself purposeless.

>It's incredibly obvious
how do you know nothing else happens?
are you saying you understand conscience? because I can guarantee you don't

Questioning logic itself is a dead end for a logical argument

I don't have to know the implications to understand the premise

As is questioning purpose.

By questioning purpose you are making the assumption that purpose is a logical concept. This is just as rational as assuming purpose isn't logical.

Fuck your edgy shit mate. As long as the person I love is alive I have a purpose.

This is a logical cure for those who believe there is no purpose. It isnt meant for those who do believe in having a purpose

People choose they're own purpose. Theres not one meaning that we know of to why we all exist, there's not one universal goal we're all meant to strive towards, but you can give yourself purpose, do things that make you happy, trying to define what purpose is, you decide why you exist, what you exist to do. You all rule yourselves, if God were real and said your purpose was X how would that be different to you saying to yourself your purpose was X. There is no ultimate "why" or "reason" for anything, but there are little whys and reasons for everything. Just think smaller.

Their*

you are part of a machine designed to concentrate rare metals on the planet surface and to generate complex carbon molecules for the harvest

sounds like a purpose to me, albeit a hypothetical one