ITT: Mental Masturbation

ITT: Mental Masturbation

Here, I'll start:

According to Kant, the goal of morality is freedom. What is the goal of morality for a determinist who rejects the validity of free will?

Other urls found in this thread:

lichess.org/9u8QoUzY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

curly fries

An ordered, non-chaotic society

It's a practical thing. Immoral people often end up karma'd from others or arrested by police. Being a moral person is a reasonable course of action.

Function, like a mechanic.

Societal ethics on the part of a determinism is akin to the goal of "building a good" car to a mechanic.

If a mechanic is a determinism, that poses nothing to his efforts as a good mechanic.

A good person is still trying to be a good person even if they are a determinist.

don't care

>the goal of morality is freedom

It isn't, though. The goal of morality is to be moral. But it has nothing to do with freedom. Read Schopenhauer on the Basis of Morality, compassion is the basis of morality, not freedom.

idk im just some fuckin guy

im good to people cause i dont want to be valuable as a man. now that i say it tho fuck i also want money, i guess i dont have it all down

I miss the old Sup Forums

10 years ago, this thread would have had 100 replies by now.

If the goal of morality is freedom, then why would one be confined to the rules of their own subjective reality? Freedom is being free of the need to be free.

happiness, satisfying one's self determined essence, exercising freedom effectively

Yeah, all of them calling you a fucking faggot

Your question creates a paradox.

Well done.

None. By definition it does not apply.

No paradox. Just two things which don't apply to each other.

How does the universe define morality and freedom? I'm not sure i understand the starting point to this.

What about a determinist with a guilty conscience?

One word: Dingleberry

>not that guy but
i dont understand any of this nor do i read any existentialist bullshit... but isn't a determinist who rejects the validity of free will just a fatalist?

>deflecting

>caring about philosophy
wish i was 19 again

>Getting butthurt about an intelligent discussion on Sup Forums
go back to your trap thread then

>Earth spins @ ~ 700 mph
>Earth circles sun @ 66,000 mph
>Solar system circles galaxy @ 483,000 mph
>Galaxy is traveling/expanding @ 1,330,000 mph

You're internal dialogue had nothing to do with external forces. Therefore no need to explain inner causes as the determining causes are all physical.

Yes.

>pretends to intelligence
>"You're internal dialogue"
>"You're"
For fuck's sake, man. Get it together.

I'm on my fucking phone, you asshole. Degree from Berkeley in Philo.

Gentleman and a scholar.

I've always felt that removing human consciousness and going with just basic animal desires, I believe that every living thing in existence lives solely for its own comfort. Whatever makes that easier is what we will instinctually go for. Can this be argued?

lichess.org/9u8QoUzY
im not good
someone up?

Thank you.

Im kind of stupid but I think one of the functions of consciousness is to serve as a way to help propagate the human race.
If it were removed we would all kill each other off in no time.

Just my two cents..

You can but it won't make sense. Every mental state is flavored by consciousness in some way. When you tie your shoe, eat, sit. It has a certain qualitative feature which qualifies it as a conscious experience. Hard to do without sounding silly.

Maybe.

Jordan B Peterson is good

I like his idea of a transcendent good being a guide on your life, that he teaches about self improvement and ancient stories.

Also, nihilism is cancer.

or maybe we would just all sit at home on a friday night in air conditioned rooms arguing about things that dont really matter in terms of the advancement of society and the future of the human race..

muh haarp

Without sounding dumbed down myself, animals have a level of consciousness that isn't near to human consciousness. They kill each other all the time, yet there's plenty of animals walking about. It's just neat not to try and kill anyone because even outside of the system of laws and morals we've created, there's a chance that by trying to kill someone that you might end up getting killed or hurt too, and since our base desire is comfort, isn't it just more comfortable to you not to fuck with anyone if you don't need to?

Morality = prestige and social power; dominance over others, usually children.

Morality IS real, objectively so- According to mankind it is a sham, a series of lies, a power-play.

Humanity IS the bottleneck, survive with your soul, leave others to theirs. Thas morality.

>degree from Berkeley in philo

TopKek

For some people that answer is yes. Then there are those who are wired in such a way that they find comfort in fucking with people Well I guess that then begs the question
What is consciousness?

lol i get it now
you clever bastard

wait maybe i dont
::slowly backs out of thread::

>According to Kant, the goal of morality is freedom.
Unfortunately Kunt is totally wrong.
Morality gives you conformity and though that acceptance into the herd. This allows human males to live in large groups without killing each other. (well that and "hero worship" being coded in so weak males do not keep getting themselves killed by pissing of strong males. "my dad can beat up your dad" is the first example of this in a male's life)

Those who can, do. Those who Kant, get a liberal arts degree and serve coffee for the rest of their lives. - CHJ

>I'm on my fucking phone, you asshole. Degree from Berkeley in Philo.
Does the coffee served by a Berk Philo, taste better than the coffee from someone with a 2 year philo from the local community college?

>Here is Kakistocracy
>Here is where you think you are
>Here is Pathocracy
>Here is where you are
>Here is Idiocracy
>Here we leave the world
>Here is Nullocracy
>Here is Kant

He won.

I dropped out of college, or rather I couldn't afford it. I was a barista at Starbucks, on the Upper East Side and lived comfortably in the Upper West Side, or white Harlem to be precise.

>ITT: Mental Masturbation
>Here, I'll start:
>According to Kant, the goal of morality is freedom. What is the goal of morality for a determinist who rejects the validity of free will?

looks like somebody read a book.

>got fired
>sang Domo Arigato Mr. Macchiato to a customer while high
>was going crazy due to existence of 'Magic Mike'
>ontologically, male-female made no sense
>spent all my money at strip clubs
>sweet cheeks shoved my face in her ass
>my nose was in her butthole
>I am philo majoring now
>AMA

More likely he saw a youtube video on Kant