KINGSGLAIVE

I just got back from the cinemas. Just phenomenal.

Okay shill

>Just phenomenal
JUST indeed.

Holy fuck this movie sucked so much.

Did you get back from the brisbane showing perchance?

Fuck off banana bender. Only glorious roaches allowed in this thread. No toads.

fuck off wanker, you have shit taste and you need to die

Maroochydore

it was arthouse as fuck. Why didnt you like it?

kek is that all you got? Cmon I thought you queenslanders were tough cunts, all I'm seeing is a little bitch that wishes he was as cool as his southern cousins

>arthouse

>kek

It's not even worth replying to you inbred cucks down there

>Critics = %8
>People = %80

Fuckin how?

This movie made me not want the game, or anything else related to this property.

I knew they didn't teach you freaks anything in school, but Tasmania is further south than Victoria and NSW mate. Keep at it though, you'll eventually learn where each of our 6 States and 2 Territories are located.

the critics gave it 5/10 because they aren't final fantasy fans and so don't have the acquired taste for it.

>critics don't have a taste for dogshit
>implying shit has differing tastes

Disney are destroying all rivals who dare to make CGI movies.

this is yet more proof.

if you only saw one of piccaso's paintings, you wouldnt know what to look for to appreciate it.
It's only after seeing several of them that you can begin to see what makes them great.

I am a final fantasy fan, I really wanted to like this.

It is actually dogshit.

Final Fantasy fanboys. The same people that claim Advent Children is a masterpiece.

Did you not understand the story?

hahahaha good one m8 so good bantz l0rd over here so epic man so epic very cool stuff

i'm not even him but you're a literal try hard faggot, you probably are from tassie

U mad

>bribed
>review aggregator
Do you think Metacritic is bribed too?

>user ratings: 1600
>critic ratings: 13

Guess which one Sup Forums cares about

That's no excuse for a movie not being good on its own. Sure as hell doesn't make a movie better if you tell someone ''you're just not a fan!''. It's like saying the first Pokemon movie was good because only children who watched the cartoon liked it.

None.
Now guess which one reddit cares about?

yep. see how the fans love it but the critics hate it? a clear sign of paid off professional reviewers.

When will this be on torrent my gf won't want to see this in the theatre.

>easily spammable user ratings meaning anything
>especially with the millions of fanboys this series has

I've seen every cgi film squeenix has released (bar this one) and each was as bad as the other.

This is clearly no different.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>U mad

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA REDDIT

or just fanboys.

What, Final Fantasy is still around?

The Secret Life of Pets was well received.

why does Metacritic have a score out of 100 for the critics, but out of 10 for the public?

its just as retarded as Rotten Tomatoes % bullshit.

I liked Advent Children, but I get the impression it would have been a lot better had it not been trying to follow up a 400-hour game with less than 2 hours of story.

This is a contemporary film relevant to today's political climate and it often draws parallels with the refugee crisis in europe.

why would see this in cinema, when comes out on digital on august 30th?

Because I don't have a 30 metre wide wall and projector in my house.

with a RT score that low its obviously Kino that is too deep for the reviewers to grasp.

Tickets booked.

>400 hour game

Have you ever played a game?

You spend most of the time doing non story stuff and probably about 2 to 3 hours.

just like Spirits Within.

Kek, and that movie is a shit.

I dont know but the CGI is fuckin good.

What Sup Forums, Sup Forums /jp/ and /vg/ said about this?

crazy, a shitty movie that is basically just a vehicle to promote what will be a probably mediocre game isn't very good. really surprising though, square has had a great track record with movies prior to this.

>square has had a great track record with movies prior to this
what.

too bad. trailer looked somewhat promising.
Then again, true kino were if they would push FFXII's world, Ivalice, and not the FFXIII's and XV's 'j-pop/boybandish' world.
Even if it may resemble a StarWars-LordofRings mix

yeah, should be called Forever Fantasy

I didn't mind it. It's a bizarrely plot-heavy political intrigue story in a weird magic world, but the action was entertaining, the dialogue wasn't that cringeworthy (unlike Spirits a Within) and it was almost coherent (unlike Advent Children) .

That all said it gets way too cheesy with its dialogue about the future and hope and power and shit. If Kingsom Hearts has proved anything it's that when Square Enix tries to be philosophical, it falls flat on its face. Also they still can't make a movie with decent characters that are anything but bland and stoic.

The lip syncing was odd - like half the time it clearly matched them and the other half the time it was like a dub from Japanese. I don't know if it's a good lip-flaps syncing job or a terrible animation syncing job.

Some nice FF cameos though like the WEAPON, Alexander, Yojimbo and Ultrom.

they don't re-animate for different languages. They have to choose english words that match as closely as possible to what their lips are doing in the japanese version.

>abysmal failure

heh, now the game just needs to flop and all my predictions will be true.

Let it be known throughout the kingdom: this is the year when Square croaks.

FFXV is one of the most anticipated games in the past 10 years and keeps topping all wanted upcoming game charts in Japan, even more than Persona 5. It will sell tons, no matter how shitty it is.

But was it animated for English first? Or Japanese? Because the lip-syncing really matched the English voices at certain points, enough to be unnoticeable. But it dipped out at other times.

>Kubo and the Two Strings
>Sausage Party
>Secret Life of Pets
>Peanuts
>Minions
>Shaun the Sheep
>etc.

japanese

>FFXV is one of the most anticipated games in the past 10 years
So was Duke Nukem Forever, owing entirely to its troubled and prodigously-delayed production.
Nobody actually expects Versus XIII to blow anyone's minds. Action RPG weebs are more invested in Kingdom Hearts 3.

>So was Duke Nukem Forever,
Not even close, it was just a meme the fact that it would never come out. Even from the trailers people realized it looked like dogshit.

Like I said, FFXV tops most wanted game charts in Japan and Square realized how popular it is by making even a movie about it before it even comes out.

>it was just a meme the fact that it would never come out
And so was Versus XIII.
So much time passed Squeenix gave up and made the game a separate FF game instead of part of Fabulous Nova Chrysanthenum.
Who cares what the japs want? Their taste in everything is dogshit.

Spirit within 2.0

>And so was Versus XIII.
We're talking about most anticipated games, DNF took so long that people stopped giving a shit even when it came out and it was reduced to just a meme. Meanwhile FFXV's resurgence blew everyone's minds back in E3 2015.
>japs
Not just them though, it's the west too. It's not like anyone has any other worthwhile game to buy in November.

Brah I was there 2. Some girls cosplayed as Reno and tifa

As a /toy/fag I hope that means Play Arts Kai finally dies.

Have you ever played FFVII?

>not even a Tactics Ogre mini-series
>endless final fantasy shit

Why live?

>Qlders
>Calling someone else inbred

Glass houses there mate

Ff7 fan here.
Found Advent children to be awful.

I saw it last friday at my state's Alamo Drafthouse. Wasn't really hyped to watch or anything, just really wanted to go to the Drafthouse. It was a pretty entertaining movie, despite constantly expecting Nyx to shout "BITCH" at some point.

thatsthejoke

it will be available for free to stream online once the game is out iirc

This is no surprise for an industry which fetishises
photo-realism, but my biggest gripe is the jarring awkwardness of the "acting." It's really apparent anytime anyone tries to do a strong emotion. Body language doesn't always match the emotion the voice actors are trying to achieve, losing all "weight" of the scene. It comes off as not having enough emotion to make the 'acting' believeable.

Also, every other talking scene is either character introductions -including but not limited to- saying full names of your mates out loud, or explaining obvious things that literally just happened.