EMT on a night shift

EMT on a night shift
AMA

how often do you go on a call for a suicide? what are they like?

Paramedic here. Houston. Suffering with you

Fentanyl, awesome or fucking awesome?

I just got stung by a yellow jacket. In the front of my neck. Stings like a fucker. Not allergic. What do? See for reference.

Not that often but they do happen. I've been in the job a year and not had any yet

any acronyms as such?

Amongst ourselves but not to doctors

Not a lot you can do really just use cream on it and keep an eye on any allergic reactions in the next few hours

I'm in UK so only got 2hrs left luckily

Hospital security here.

ADASTW

"Arrived dead and stayed that way"

>Not that often
>not had any

Okay, so you're retarded.

WWYD?
Second degree sunburn. Guy's getting all kinds of typical Sup Forums shit advice. Should OP go to hospital or fuck it and enjoy the infection?

I've not been to any personally but the calls go out on the radio

Describe the smell of dead body

Go to the doctor

Ok thanks

All the ones I've seen have been fresh, but I know that decaying tissue smells horrendous, especially in summer

oh that makes sense then. former comment retracted

any really good disturbing/disgusting stories? I'm on a bit of a gore binge rn.

Mushroom farm and sweaty feet.

Bear quivered as he gasped for air, fighting back the intense environment near the peak of the newly named Denali. His body tensed at another burst of cold which enveloped his body and mind for a brief moment before receding back to warmth.

He grunted as the cold came faster and faster with each moments passing, but knew that a moment of pleasure would follow quickly. His forearms taught with the strain of vigorous labor, his palms wet with perspiration. The the smell of sweat mixing in with the pungent odor of asparagus.

Bear pleaded his arms faster as he pounded the ice dildo made of piss into his frozen anus. Each concurrent thrust bringing pleasure that one can only find in the firm knowledge that your frozen piss is pleasuring your asshole furiously. He knew soon enough, he would have the perfectly seasoned cup of his own piss to savor atop this gorgeous mountain.

How do you like your job? Like what are some pros and cons. Always been interested in that type of work

Any serious calls get put out to all vehicles in case there's any off duty higher ups with radios that happen to be near by

Not had anything so far that's especially disgusting. Had some horrible moments where family members are hysterical over a dead family member and some pretty decent broken bones/deformities
Pros are that everyday is different, you meet some great people at work and most of your patients are really thankful, cons would be the pay or lack of, the hours can be shit, and the amount of pointless jobs we get sent to

Hospital security here.

Cops came in with a body they found in the river.

The body bag was sealed but you could see that the body was essentially soup. The smell was unbelievably foul, exactly like Best part? Zipper came loose and everybody scattered, Me and one cop out the door body transfer guy through another and the other cop threw up in the garbage.

Worst fucking day of my life.

Hzhdh

Have you ever been called to an emergency and arrived into a dangerous situation? Like someone waving a gun around after having shot themselves in the foot? Or someone in the midst of psychotic episode?

Tell us about them if you have. How often does stuff where you are worried for your own safety or others happen during a call?

Also an EMT. My company worked with the Medical Examiners Office, meaning we were the muscle. I've seen dead bodies all sorts of ways.
The smell, imagine chicken, pork, and ground beef left out in the sun for week or two and sweet. Mix that with shit and piss, and that's a dead body. It sticks to you like cigarette smoke and you never ever get used to it.

man that's awful. The hysterical family members always get to me (even in fiction) because I can image myself in their place, with one of my loved ones. hits deep, ya know?
uuggh. I can't even imagine.

EMT-B, I or P?

Normally the dangerous situations we're told to hold back until police arrive first, had a guy that stabbed his best friend whilst high and another stabbed himself whilst "suicidal" but just cut his stomach... Idiot
Yeah the worst two that spring to mind is the son of a middle aged guy that just had a sudden heart attack in the backyard and died instantly, the son found him a couple hours later... And the mother of a 3month baby we were trying to resus, unsuccessfully I might add

Well I'm in Britain so I used EMT as a general saying... Officially I'm an emergency care assistant, but not even British people know that, they just know paramedics

Thinking of becoming an emerge doctor. Advise for it or against it, and why?

I had the unfortunate pleasure of getting my first suicide call during my clinicals. The guy suffocated himself with helium and had sat around in the July heat for about a month. He had family out of state that hadnt heard from him and called the PD down here to check on him.

Well once you're there you can branch out and do other things. But it's a long time at college and university to start with, pay isn't too bad but you normally have to deal.with the same shitty people we do. But everyday is different and you're always meeting some decent people as well.

Must have been just bone and jelly by that point surely?

Is it a good job if Im sick of college and have no skills?

Well starting at the bottom they give you skills but to get to a fully trained paramedic it'll mean going back to education, in UK anyway, not sure how other countries do it but in UK it's a 3yr degree course

Not quite, but he was well on his way to it. At the risk of sounding like an edgelord, I actually wasnt bothered by the smell or sight as much as I thought Id be. The maggots though.. I can handle blood, gore, urine, etc. ,but maggots and shit always get me.

How many OD calls in the past month?

In our local emergency department there's been about 6 just tonight, I've had a few over the last month, but I'm not in a big city or anything

I'm curious too. I used to be a heroin addict and it's gotten so much worse since I've been on the run and in the street.

There was recently a drug bust in Boston where they found approximately 500 million dollars worth of carfentanyl. Scary shit. Glad I've been off the opiates for 2.5 years now lol

>736761714

Have you ever "accidentally' touched a bewb??

I wanna be an emergency doctor. What courses should I take in college or university?

What mess does your ambo carry?

Well to do a proper ECG on someone there's an element of breast movement needed, but always with consent first

Depends what u mean by mess

Had to roll up a week old dead Afghani once and strap to front of truck....smell is not good....

How can one painlessly self induce death?

Bear's eyes burned from the sweat of his brow, but his moans of passion compelled his mind to stay focused. With every thrust his phallic piss popsicle melted further, every last drop draining from his gaping anus into the pan below.

The constant 'ting' of the droplets hitting the aluminum sauce pan spurred him on, giving a vigorous energy to his arms frantic pounding. A tingle started to work it's way from his toes to his pelvis, and he knew his moment was close.

With a cacophony of moans he fell forward onto his chest, his ass high in the air with the significantly smaller ice dildo protruding from his quivering anus. His forearms strained as they worked up and down, his cock swelling with the anticipation of cumming. With a burst of pleasure, he moaned as his ejaculate hurtled down towards the pan below.

He inched forward, the warmth of his rectum melting the dildo further. With a grunt he rocked back, targeting his chocolate starfish towards the pan below, allowing the mixture of piss and liquid shit to catch in the pan below.

Bear buttoned his pants back up, and turned back to the camera as he stirred the foul concoction. "In emergencies like these, there isn't a way to melt the snow off the mountain. It's just too cold. So with a bit of work, you can use your own piss to make an effective and tasty drink that will hydrate you and improve your mood," he said with a smile. He took a long drag from the glass, savoring every bit of flavor.

I hear the helium method is good.
Correctly hanging yourself so u get an instant snap
Or the simple placing of neck on railway line, but I feel sorry for the drivers in those instances

If you're talking about basic kit, we have over 159 different items
Carry a lifepak which is a defib, ECG, BP, sats probe all in one
Suction unit
Ventilation system
Carrying equipment like chairs, scoops, backboards
Immobilisation stuff like splints, collars
Every type of oxygen mask
Bag of drugs
Large oxygen and entinox cylinders
Lesser used stuff like emergency maternity kits, traction splints , traceoctomy kit, IO access kit etc
Not sure what else to say really

How you feel about male nurses?

I don't really have an opinion, we got lots round here and they're pretty good

EMT-I, Nowhere, CO.